WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

More Finals:

Benedictine 74, CUW 40 (IL Eagles outshot Falcons 38% to 19% to race out to a 22-6 lead at the end of the 1st Qrtr and coasted.)

Edgewood 70, Aurora 62 (WI Eagles led most of the way but needed to hit FTs in the end to seal it).

WLC 52, Lakeland 51 (A Sam Leisemann lay-up with 6 seconds left was the difference here, Muskies' Sauerbrei missed the potential game winner at the very end. Whew!)

NACC Semi-Final Pairings:

WLC vs. Edgewood
St. Norbert vs. Benedictine

"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

WLCALUM83

2/25 NACC Finals:  St. Norbert 54, Benedictine 51  (Green Knights' Gierczak hit 2 crucial FTs, and a potential game-tying 3 pointer by Brilan McCory missed).

WLC 59, Edgewood 48 (Down 47-45, WLC outscored Edgewood 14-3 over the last 4 1/2 minutes to advance to the NACC Final. Warriors' Mace and Birkholz scored 16 and 13 pts, respectively.)

Itl'll be WLC vs. St. Norbert for the NACC AQ.

WLCALUM83

Final:  #20 WLC 51, St. Norbert 43 (Warriors:  Drained 8 3 pointers and Meggie Scott made 2 FTs with 17 seconds left to seal this one).

WLCALUM83

NACC All-Conference/Other Post-Season Awards Announced:

https://www.naccsports.org/sports/wbkb/2021-22/releases/202203012truj9

I'll give an Honorable Mention to St. Norbert coach Leonhard-Perry (going from 9-16 in 19-20 to 19-8 after not competing in 20-21 speaks for itself--)

WLCALUM83

Despite the NCAA Tournament one and done, WLC still finishes in the Top 25 for the year.

WLCALUM83

Just a year-end shout-out to St. Norbert for making a strong showing in most team sports in the NACC for 2021-22!

Captain_Joe08

Opening Week Scores

11/8

Aurora 80 Elmhurst 75
#8 Trine 77 Benedictine 34
Dubuque 86 Marian 57
Lawrence 58 Rockford 46
Knox 76 Dominican 45
Wartburg 101 Edgewood 68
Carroll 85 MSOE 31
Illinois Tech 72 Mount Mary 62

11/9

#22 UW-Oshkosh 60 Lakeland 43

11/11

ORV Illinois Wesleyan 86 Concordia Wisconsin 38
Aurora 98 Mississippi Univ for Women 55
Colorado College 99 Concordia Chicago 95
St. Norbert 74 Lawrence 63
Loras 68 Marian 55
Calvin 65 ORV Wisconsin Lutheran 57

11/12

North Central (MN) 64 Alverno 34
Sul Ross State 85 Concordia Chicago 83
Adrian 91 Illinois Tech 54
Ripon 88 Lakeland 71
Concordia Wisconsin 81 Geneva 72
Simpson 96 Marian 39
St. Mary's (IN) 80 Dominican 57
Webster 70 Aurora 56
ORV Wisconsin Lutheran 64 ORV DePauw 56
St. Norbert 64 Carthage 49
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 71
Carthage 51

A 42-17 run in the second and third quarters was the difference in this one.

Warriors continue their rugged non-con slate with a matchup against top ranked Hope up next.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Second Wind

Congrats to CUC's Katharine Benes for making d3hoops Team of the Week and repeating as NACC Player of the Week!

Second Wind

CUC will go into holiday break 2-0 in NACC (3-3 overall) after beating a pesky IIT team 84-75. Visitors jumped out to a 14-4 lead, but the Cougars scored the next 17 points to take control.

Kate Benes, despite scoring 24 points, had a rough shooting day but made up for it by throwing in 15 rebounds (!) and six assists. Melia Perry had a breakout game with 22 points, and Alisyn MacGregor just missed a double-double with 15 points and nine boards.

IIT shot the three very well, connecting on 15 of 32. Allie Sillo (26 points) was on fire, making eight of her 10 trey attempts.

Riley Zayas

Quote from: Second Wind on November 23, 2022, 05:18:23 PM
CUC will go into holiday break 2-0 in NACC (3-3 overall) after beating a pesky IIT team 84-75. Visitors jumped out to a 14-4 lead, but the Cougars scored the next 17 points to take control.

Kate Benes, despite scoring 24 points, had a rough shooting day but made up for it by throwing in 15 rebounds (!) and six assists. Melia Perry had a breakout game with 22 points, and Alisyn MacGregor just missed a double-double with 15 points and nine boards.

IIT shot the three very well, connecting on 15 of 32. Allie Sillo (26 points) was on fire, making eight of her 10 trey attempts.

CUC has been playing well...definitely a team on my radar...would like to see them play better defense, but that will come with time. 2-0 in conference is  a pretty solid way to start!
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Second Wind

CUC 73, Edgewood 60. Cougars now 4-3, 3-0 NACC.

Not as tense as men's game last night. Cougars led for virtually the entire game and by as much as 20. Kate Benes and Alexis Desjarlait did much of the damage with 23 and 20 points respectively, and Alisyn MacGregor was a force inside with 17 rebounds. It was good to see Mikalah Ellis on the floor for the first time this season too. Ellis should make the Cougars even more dangerous as her playing time increases.

CUC looks to stay on a roll when they play at Alverno on Saturday.

WLCALUM83

Welcome to the board, Second Wind! I see your Cougar squad already knocked off yearly NACC power Concordia-WI (who beat WLC last night at home). CUC, while picked to finish 9th, has been playing better than that to this point.

Could this be CUC's best squad since 2007-08, when Marche Smith, "Mo" Headen & Co. got to the NACC semi-finals and came within a whisker of upsetting WLC that year. (In that '08 game, Smith had to sit after getting into early foul trouble. The Warriors got a big lead in the 2nd half, only to see the Cougars claw back, and if Headen hadn't missed a last-second lay-up, that game would have gone to OT--) Too early to tell just yet, but it makes things interesting when a projected underdog squad unexpectedly shakes things up.  ;) ;)

Second Wind

Hey there, WLC Alum! I remember that 2008 semifinal too! I can tell you that a few comparisons have been made between Kate Benes and Marche Smith. Of course, Benes' Cougar career is all of just seven games old, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves! 

As to your comment about the team, I think they have the potential to be there with the 2007-08 team
(and don't forget the Rusty Rogers team that had Courtney Lofink and Taylor Jacobsen. Very fun to watch!). Waiting to see how the NACC race shapes up. I'm sure WLC and CUW will be there, and looks like Aurora has been playing well.  Hopefully a lot to talk about this season!

Riley Zayas

Quote from: Second Wind on December 01, 2022, 12:10:54 PM
Hey there, WLC Alum! I remember that 2008 semifinal too! I can tell you that a few comparisons have been made between Kate Benes and Marche Smith. Of course, Benes' Cougar career is all of just seven games old, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves! 

As to your comment about the team, I think they have the potential to be there with the 2007-08 team
(and don't forget the Rusty Rogers team that had Courtney Lofink and Taylor Jacobsen. Very fun to watch!). Waiting to see how the NACC race shapes up. I'm sure WLC and CUW will be there, and looks like Aurora has been playing well.  Hopefully a lot to talk about this season!

The NACC is going to be super deep this season. A very fun title race to watch indeed. Kate has been so impressive...seems like she can single-handedly keep CUC in a game if need be.
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.