FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 31, 2022, 12:52:30 PM
Guessing that is exacerbated by not having a 2020 season.

That, and some series home/away were switched when Nebraska Wesleyan came on board. 

Dubuque played at Central in 2016 and 2017.  Then with no home game against Central in 2020 it means Dubuque has played at Central in 16,17, 19, and 21 while only getting a home game in 2018 during that time. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

In news that may lead Fannosaurus Rex to consider Dubuque his/her favorite "eastern" Iowa ARC team, UD makes it official and will have a marching band for the 2022 season.  They started with a drum line last fall. 

https://twitter.com/UdBands/status/1509708400631894017?s=20&t=TJU_OOgLLMXrdz4OYI_IAQ
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Fannosaurus Rex

That is very exciting news! Based on the endowment numbers you posted back in February, they can afford to travel to away games. I look forward to seeing them in Pella.
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

Outside the Crate

The endowment numbers really don't change the world much for any of our Iowa colleges except for Grinnell.  Their nearly $ 3 billion in endowment means they can just about do anything they want.  For others, a hundred million, for example, given a spend rate that is typically at 5%, yields $ 5 million.  On an endowment of, for example, a hundred million, the yield really gets swallowed pretty quickly.  Conversely, the Univ of Iowa's $ 3 billion endowment, given the size of their budget and the complexity of the enterprise, is almost chump change.  All Grinnell does is teach biology and history to 1700 undergraduates!  At a 5% spend rate Grinnell probably wouldn't need to charge tuition -- their annual yield is probably 150 million.  Oh, but one must not forget that endowments are created by donors who can and usually do place restrictions on how proceeds are to be spent.

Schipper Strong

I don't understand the reason why there is ever a repeat playing at the same location unless the field is unplayable. Isn't every other year something that should never change?

I know not all of our schools ended up playing last spring, but I have to say, I kind of miss it. I could handle football every other season.

doolittledog

Quote from: Schipper Strong on April 13, 2022, 09:52:01 PM
I don't understand the reason why there is ever a repeat playing at the same location unless the field is unplayable. Isn't every other year something that should never change?

I know not all of our schools ended up playing last spring, but I have to say, I kind of miss it. I could handle football every other season.

I wonder if the conference is trying to change things so there won't be schools making two trips per season to Dubuque to play at Loras and UD.  I think BVU and maybe a few others have been doing that.  I know next season Dubuque gets Simpson at home and is at NWU for the 2nd straight year. 

Schipper Strong

I think Central has traveled to Dubuque two weeks in a row before. It isn't fun, but not a big deal. I could see it would be a long haul for NWU, but everything except BV would be.

doolittledog

Gray Fox

Quote from: Outside the Crate on April 03, 2022, 03:31:17 PM
The endowment numbers really don't change the world much for any of our Iowa colleges except for Grinnell.  Their nearly $ 3 billion in endowment means they can just about do anything they want.  For others, a hundred million, for example, given a spend rate that is typically at 5%, yields $ 5 million.  On an endowment of, for example, a hundred million, the yield really gets swallowed pretty quickly.  Conversely, the Univ of Iowa's $ 3 billion endowment, given the size of their budget and the complexity of the enterprise, is almost chump change.  All Grinnell does is teach biology and history to 1700 undergraduates!  At a 5% spend rate Grinnell probably wouldn't need to charge tuition -- their annual yield is probably 150 million.  Oh, but one must not forget that endowments are created by donors who can and usually do place restrictions on how proceeds are to be spent.

I think they teach more than biology and history.
Fierce When Roused

Next Man Up

Quote from: Gray Fox on May 30, 2022, 11:52:08 AM

Quote from: Gray Fox on May 30, 2022, 11:52:08 AM

Yep, they also teach the system.  :D
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

fredfalcon

Seth Howard, q.b. at Simpson, transferred to UWRF. How good at Simpson? Why did he play in only 3 games last season?
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

doolittledog

Quote from: fredfalcon on June 05, 2022, 02:14:40 PM
Seth Howard, q.b. at Simpson, transferred to UWRF. How good at Simpson? Why did he play in only 3 games last season?

We had a Simpson dad on here in the Spring of 2021, but haven't seen him since then.  The Howard kid seems to be a Senior, so maybe he's transferring to UWRF for grad school and the hopes of some playing time.  Just a guess though. 

Outside the Crate

The Deefield Cup standings are published.  Here are the standings for ARC colleges:
Wartburg ranks 17th out of the approximately 425 D3 colleges, the highest among ARC institutions as usual. The others:
Loras 24
Dubuque 58
Nebraska Wesleyan 70
Central 93
Luther 124
Coe 157
Buena Vista 163
Simpson 241

Next Man Up

Quote from: Outside the Crate on June 17, 2022, 12:28:47 PM
The Deefield Cup standings are published.  Here are the standings for ARC colleges:
Wartburg ranks 17th out of the approximately 425 D3 colleges, the highest among ARC institutions as usual. The others:
Loras 24
Dubuque 58
Nebraska Wesleyan 70
Central 93
Luther 124
Coe 157
Buena Vista 163
Simpson 241

Sorry, Outside, but Wartburg really only finished 217th in the year end Deerfield Cup point totals.  :o

However, they did manage to finish a noteworthy 17th in the final Learfield Cup standings.  8-)  ;)
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

doolittledog

Former conference member Upper Iowa is possibly moving from the Northern Sun to the GLVC in D2.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-847354-post-18290001.html#pid18290001