Author Topic: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference  (Read 10158361 times)

Offline Raider 68

• All-American
  • Go Raiders!!
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
« Reply #62460 on: June 09, 2022, 09:49:13 am »
Scoring a metric crapton of points, whether that's 105 or 90 or whatever, is only going to be a bad look for Mount Union for sure.
Unfortunately, this game is so much of a mismatch that it might be harder for them to not score 90 than it will be to score 90

It time for Mount to schedule a top five program, like UWW did with UMHB. Why not NC Central or St. John's or a few others.
No longer can the Raiders say that no one will play us. Those days are gone, and a very weak opponent does not help
the program at all. ::)

Based on everything I know and have seen, if Mount wants a competitive opening game, their first 6 calls should be to (in no particular order):

UW-W
UMHB
St. John's
Muhlenberg
Hardin-Simmon
UW-Oshkosh

Although, they haven't been a playoff team, UW-River Falls would also be a huge step up for the Purple Raiders as a pre-season game. They've gone head to head with St. John's over the years.

If there are other "quarterfinals and up type" teams that might be open to playing one of the powers, I'd love to see people expand this list. I'm sure there are some I'm missing.

If any of these six have openings the next couple of years, I think Mount would have a decent chance to get a game from them.

BP, good post! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Offline hsbsballcoach7

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62461 on: June 10, 2022, 10:56:34 pm »
Scoring a metric crapton of points, whether that's 105 or 90 or whatever, is only going to be a bad look for Mount Union for sure.
Unfortunately, this game is so much of a mismatch that it might be harder for them to not score 90 than it will be to score 90

It time for Mount to schedule a top five program, like UWW did with UMHB. Why not NC Central or St. John's or a few others.
No longer can the Raiders say that no one will play us. Those days are gone, and a very weak opponent does not help
the program at all. ::)

Based on everything I know and have seen, if Mount wants a competitive opening game, their first 6 calls should be to (in no particular order):

UW-W
UMHB
St. John's
Muhlenberg
Hardin-Simmon
UW-Oshkosh

Although, they haven't been a playoff team, UW-River Falls would also be a huge step up for the Purple Raiders as a pre-season game. They've gone head to head with St. John's over the years.

If there are other "quarterfinals and up type" teams that might be open to playing one of the powers, I'd love to see people expand this list. I'm sure there are some I'm missing.

If any of these six have openings the next couple of years, I think Mount would have a decent chance to get a game from them.

BP, good post! :)

Johns Hopkins has had some really good teams.
The E8 would be better than Defiance or Rose Hulman. Alfred, Brockport, Cortland from the E8.
Hobart from the Liberty League would be decent as well. All of these teams are within a bus drive distance.

Offline Dr. Acula

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #62462 on: June 13, 2022, 04:41:41 pm »
Literally anyone would be better than Defiance.  They're better off having an intrasquad.

Offline MUC57

• All-American
  • "PURPLE RAIDERS"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62463 on: June 14, 2022, 03:49:38 pm »
Hey, all you Raiders!

Had a great day Saturday at the old Alma Mater. I attended the dedication of the Dom and Karen Capers Football Center and the renaming of the stadium to Kehres Stadium.

If you haven't been in the new building, take a look. My reaction was "Wow". Picture a conference room that will hold the entire team with 4 huge screens. Offices for the various coaches. Walls covered with giant size pictures of former players. And the trophys!
You can't walk thru this place without realizing the tremendous accomplishments of the football program and the emphasis placed on it.
I just live about 5 blocks from the campus, so I can see it anytime. But, if you are in the area, for a game or otherwise, take a peek. You won't be disappointed!

What a thrill to look at the scoreboard and see, "WELCOME TO KEHRES STADIUM". And there will be a plaza in front of the stadium honoring Larry and Linda.
Coach Kehres deserves all the honors he has received. I put his name right up there with Orville Nelson Hartshorn, founder of our beloved school back in 1846.

It was truly a great day. Go Raiders!  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 02:36:57 pm by MUC57 »
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #62464 on: June 16, 2022, 01:21:16 pm »
Hey, all you Raiders!

Had a great day Saturday at the old Alma Mater. I attended the dedication of the Dom and Karen Capers Football Center and the renaming of the stadium to Kehres Stadium.

If you haven't been in the new building, take a look. My reaction was "Wow". Picture a conference room that will hold the entire team with 4 huge screens. Offices for the various coaches. Walls covered with giant size pictures of former players. And the trophys!
You can't walk thru this place without realizing the tremendous accomplishments of the football program and the emphasis placed on it.
I just live about 5 blocks from the campus, so I can see it anytime. But, if you are in the area, for a game or otherwise, take a peek. You won't be disappointed!

What a thrill to look at the scoreboard and see, "WELCOME TO KEHRES STADIUM". And there will be a plaza in front of the stadium honoring Larry and Linda.
Coach Kehres deserves all the honors he has received. I put his name right up there with Orville Nelson Hartshorn, founder of our beloved school back in 1846.

It was truly a great day. Go Raiders!  :)

Thanks for sharing MUC. Coach Kehres’ impact for D3 football goes well beyond MUC as well- he’s deserving of “thank yous” from around the country.

Offline WRMUalum13

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62465 on: June 19, 2022, 05:40:15 pm »
Literally anyone would be better than Defiance.  They're better off having an intrasquad.

I mean they’d be better off having an intrasquad then playing most of their OAC opps

Offline bluestreak66

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #62466 on: June 22, 2022, 04:22:28 pm »

I mean they’d be better off having an intrasquad then playing most of their OAC opps

might be so........ but Defiance did lose to Capital 41-7 last year  :o
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION