BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kscer

Quote from: spring07 on May 26, 2007, 08:21:47 AM
Chill out wordsmith,

KSC beat WC twice in the regionals, had a great year and look like they will continue gaining momentum as they had a lot of good young players. Enjoy your summer.
the thing is Wheatonboy, Wheaton does not deserve to be ranked above KSC and any one who saw all three games knows that.

dgilblair

Well with the sour taste just starting to leave my mouth I will make comments.  We were really bad. I think the team was embarrassed plain and simple.  Other than that...lol...it was class stuff.  Congrats to Kean and Emory two of the teams we played this year.  Quality teams.  Yuk, still got that sour taste. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DGilblair on May 30, 2007, 09:31:44 PM
Well with the sour taste just starting to leave my mouth I will make comments.  We were really bad. I think the team was embarrassed plain and simple.  Other than that...lol...it was class stuff.  Congrats to Kean and Emory two of the teams we played this year.  Quality teams.  Yuk, still got that sour taste. 
That makes for the beginning of a great off-season!

wordsmith

Who is odds on favorite to win the Little East in 2008? (2008 already?) My thoughts:

1)   EConn (Doubt if they repeat 14-0, but still strong even with Re, O'Toole, Cooney gone)

1A) KSC (Will push EConn as everyone is back except Stromgren & Grainger, which is still a lot to replace; KSC loses both catchers and will go with untested underclassmen next year.)

3)   USM (Key losses include Bourque, Foley, Vardaro, Arsenault, is the Deering connection ready with more prospects? Middle infield??

4)   RIC (Key losses - Henault, Naylor, and 2 starting pitchers> Briggs & Barber)

5)  USB (Pitching returns but losing Soto, Curran, and Ketterer)

6-8) Pick 'em

So, the hot stove discussion begins: Any prospects coming to your favorite school? Cameron Fisk (yes that Fisk) is transferring to KSC to play basketball, could there be baseball in his future as well?

Hope to hear from you 8)

Word

ECSUalum

wordsmith

I think you have it mostly right.  Not sure Keene will be 1a.  The will be 2

Castillo will have hugh offensive year in 2008, assuming no injuries.   Bolorin, Gilblair backs him up
Pitching will be solid, Gilblair, Jagodzinski, Esposito
Coach Holywater needs to find some defense at third base, which has been a problem for a number of years
Coach will recruit yet another bunch of great freshmen

Anyone know if there is stats/info on where highschool recruits will end up playing D-III college baseball?

kscer

Wordsmith,
I agree with your analysis. Eastern will be tough. KSC- the key is Mabey and how tough he can become. He has the skills to be unbeateble. I heard rumors that they have recruited a top catcher, but I heard that last year. How they fill that slot will be another key to their puzzle. USM has to find a lot of pitching and a lot of talent on the field. I see RIC and UMB fighting for that three spot. As to Fisk, He made a choice in high school to become a football player. I dont see him playing baseball for KSC, although he may be the most talented of the Fisk kids.

It is tough dealing with the fact that my son's baseball playing days are over and he's moving on to another phase of his life. He is holding on to all his catcher's gear, because who knows, maybe there a "twilight league team where he's going that needs a catcher."I would not trade the last 14 years of organized baseball for anything.

Old Man

Well here we go.

2 months till practice starts in the LEC.... what are the 2008 predictions?

???

kscer

With Christmas gone, and the new year about to start, I guess it's time to start thinking about our boys of summer, who rarely see a warm sunny day on the diamond. The New England region has five teams ranked nationally and three of them from the LEC. Does Southern Maine really belong above KSC with what the respective teams lost to graduation and what they did last year. Seems to me KSC played ESCU for the LEC title, and oh yeah, for the NE Regional title. I think the LEC will be a dogfight after ESCU. Let the Games begin!

Jim Dixon

Quote from: kscer on December 29, 2007, 05:41:06 PM
I think the LEC will be a dogfight after ESCU. Let the Games begin!

It will be a dogfight including ECSU.  The LEC is pretty competative.

kscer

Quote from: Jim Dixon on December 29, 2007, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: kscer on December 29, 2007, 05:41:06 PM
I think the LEC will be a dogfight after ESCU. Let the Games begin!

It will be a dogfight including ECSU.  The LEC is pretty competative.

Logically, I think you are right. But After seeing KSC play Eastern 9 times in the last two years I still have nightmares of the LEC title slipping away in Bangor Me and an 15 run clobbering in the NCAA Regionals in rainy Harwich. But KSC is loaded with experience and talent and should give them a run.

ECSUalum

Good to see kcer back fighting for his Keene Staters

I agree that Little East will be competitive and that Keene will be up there fighting it out with Holywater's Warriors.

Good Luck to all in Conference, and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO BEGIN!!!!

dgilblair

ECSU has posted it's schedule.  Looks like another year packed with great competition.  Coach Holowaty puts together another great schedule!

http://www.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/depts/athletics/spring_season/bb_schedule.htm

ECSUalum

Quote from: DGilblair on January 09, 2008, 05:59:40 PM
ECSU has posted it's schedule.  Looks like another year packed with great competition.  Coach Holowaty puts together another great schedule!

http://www.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/depts/athletics/spring_season/bb_schedule.htm

When does ECSU post thier 2008 roster?  Always interested to see what new talent Coach has picked up!

dgilblair

They didn't get their pictures taken yet so I don't think it will be to soon.

KSCfan

new question to think about whats the biggest rival game right now in the little east? Southern Maine vs Eastern, Keene State vs Eastern, or Southern and Eastern are three possible ones i came up with. Looking forward to the season oh anybody know of any grade casualties from any team?