BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordsmith

Quote from: wordsmith on April 14, 2008, 07:43:47 PM
I try to stay pretty objective here so this is my take on Keene State.

-JCon and KSCer ever the 'homers" I luv you guys, you are what makes this board fun.
-JCon you are right on with your assessment about pitching; KSCer you are right about KSC's defense; However I'll add what I think is the 1 thing other teams must contend with to beat Keene.

-KSC currently ranks 5th in the Nation in Team Batting Average. In the Nation, not the LEC, not New England, the nation. The nation, not New England, the nation, we're talkin 'bout the nation, not, not, New England, the nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

We'll see what quality front line pitching in the LEC can do with the line-up they roll out there.  They say good pitching will stop good hitting we'll see.

Word

Sorry Boys I didn't get to weigh in yesterday as I was in Fenway to watch the Red Sox Rangers game- Great Fun. Still I missed the LEC action. Anyway I'll weigh in on the KSC-UMESS Chowdas "games".

13-2 and 14-8. KSC bats vs LEC Pitching.  :o 8) :-\

The Word Spoke but ya'll didn't listen.   ;)

As for starting pitching for KSC? Let's see how the boys do today. I'd think LaPlante maybe the front runner to nudge Mabey out as the #2 Starter come tourney time. I think KSC will stick with Mabey against Sullen Maine as he has pitched well against them in the past.

Word
Word

santeezy06

I must say I was at the TEE vs. Ric game yesterday and the caliber of the two officails on the field was pathetic, probably the worst I've seen in 24 yrs of basbeall. On a second note the fans at TEE must be the most arrogant, disrespectful lame brains I have seen in a long time, no control at that stadium.

On a game note RIC got swept yesterday by poor pitching, definetely wasn't one of their better performances. The good thing is they'll knock the empire out of the playoffs for sure.

kscer

Yesterday in the LEC dblhdrs the winning teams scored 110 runs vs the losers 39. There were two "mercy" rule invocations.  How can anyone talk about pitching? Is this the type of score we expect in what we consider to be the toughest, most competitive conference in the country? And this is on Saturday, when everyone throws their best. These scores are more like Lacrosse than bezeball

KSCfan

KSCer good point, i was very surprised about the RIC, Eastern scores i thought that those games where going to be a little bit closer than they where.  Word you brought up the point about Laplante taking over for maybe.  Keene has switched its number 2's before as they did last year with maybe taking over for a struggling young.  I think that you are right about leaving him for the Southern Maine as he has pitched very well against them recently.  When it comes to tourny time its going to be really interesting to see what happens.  Espically as teams advance and start getting to starters 3 and 4. With all the offense that has been popping up lately should be a great tourny.  keene makes up 2 with umass darmouth today from earlier this year.  If they win both today, that will put them in the drivers seat to host, something the owls have never done.

kscer

Quote from: wordsmith on April 20, 2008, 09:10:06 AM
Quote from: wordsmith on April 14, 2008, 07:43:47 PM

As for starting pitching for KSC? Let's see how the boys do today. I'd think LaPlante maybe the front runner to nudge Mabey out as the #2 Starter come tourney time. I think KSC will stick with Mabey against Sullen Maine as he has pitched well against them in the past.

Word
Maybe pitched well for four innings yesterday then could not throw a good strike. He has pitched some gems, so I think he stays #2 but with a real short string. He has no pitching mechanics to fall back on so when he loses it it's gone, but I think they ride him as long as they can.
On another note... This teams hits with tremendous confidence. Every kid wants to bat in tough spots and they all swing the bats with authority. You cant pitch around anyone.

ECSUalum

Quote from: santeezy06 on April 20, 2008, 10:28:52 AM
I must say I was at the TEE vs. Ric game yesterday and the caliber of the two officails on the field was pathetic, probably the worst I've seen in 24 yrs of basbeall. On a second note the fans at TEE must be the most arrogant, disrespectful lame brains I have seen in a long time, no control at that stadium.

On a game note RIC got swept yesterday by poor pitching, definetely wasn't one of their better performances. The good thing is they'll knock the empire out of the playoffs for sure.

Santeezy06

I am at a loss to understand your reasoning here???!!! ???
ECSU unloaded aon all RIC pitchers including thier aces

Let the LEC tourny begin and we will see who knocks who out :o

Jcon8958

LECFAN they beat the team you guys lost to say wat you want everyteam has a bad day and the bullpen didnt show up in the first game. The 2nd game every pitcher has a bad day this team ids going to bounce back.

Like I said before 4 BIG GAMES next week lets see how this team response.

ECSUalum

Results: ECSU at Worcester St

Score by Innings                                 R  H  E
-------------------------------------------
Eastern Connecticut. 500 171 044 - 22 22  2
Worcester State..... 000 110 230 -     7 14  3
-------------------------------------------

E - Horrigan(1); Palo(5); Moffett(4); Hinkell(3); Dortona(7). DP - Eastern
Conn 2. LOB - Eastern Conn 10; Worcester St 10. 2B - Parke(5); Meldon(1);
Palo(2); LaPrade(1); Ferrelli(1). 3B - Bolorin(1); Schult(1). HR -
Hinkell(1). HBP - Cannata; Hinkell. SF - Bolorin(1); Esposito(1); Hobbes(2);
Bass(1); Palo(1). SB - Parke(15). CS - Schult(1).

Eastern Connecticut    IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
-----------------------------------------------
James Kukucka.......  6.0  7  2  1  3  3 23 27
Wes Dutton..........  1.0  4  2  2  1  0  7  8
Ronnie Newkirk......  1.0  3  3  3  0  3  6  6
Michael Montanari...  1.0  0  0  0  0  0  3  3

Worcester State        IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
-----------------------------------------------
Joel Brierley.......  4.1 11 10  9  3  4 21 26
Josh Buzzell........  1.2  5  4  4  1  1 10 12
Kevin Hayes.........  1.0  0  0  0  0  0  4  4
Matt Hart...........  1.0  2  4  4  2  0  4  8
John Flaherty.......  1.0  4  4  4  2  0  6  9

Win - Kukucka (4-1).  Loss - Brierley (1-4).  Save - None.
WP - Kukucka(4); Buzzell(4). HBP - by Kukucka (Hinkell); by Hart (Cannata). PB -
Hinkell(2).
Umpires - HP: William Story  1B: Robert Dwyer
Start: 1:00 pm   Time: 3:00   Attendance: 75
Game: WORBB29

KSCfan

Keene sweeps umass dartmouth today.  Winning the first one in a blowout, and the second one in come from behind action.  Keenes bats where quiet for the first six innings in the second game.   Keene looked a little flat but got the job done.  4 conferance wins in a weekend is not bad.  I know its from the bottom feeders of the LEC but still.  Big week coming up for the owls.  They play wheaton, wnec, fitchburg, and two sat against southern maine

hockeyfan77

USM again blows a late inning lead to Wheaton and losses 5-4 in 10 innings to drop to 19-9(6-2 in the LEC)...Next up for the Huskies:  Bates on Tuesday...

Rick Vaughn

Is the LEC a lock for three bids this year? 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Rick Vaughn on April 20, 2008, 05:27:00 PM
We haven't seen the Regional Rankings yet to get an idea of how many teams are contending for the Pool C bids.

Secondly, the Handbook has not been released to give us the number of Pool C bids.

wordsmith

Word is no expert on all this Poll C stuff like Mr. Turner, however, I would say this. LEC will get but 1 bid, possibly 2 if say a KSC wins the Regular season title, but loses late in the LEC Tourney. I think at this stage there are some very good teams in New England not in the LEC who will not win an auto-berth in their conference, not to mention a number of other teams around the country in the same boat.

Word
Word

kscer

I will be surprised if the LEC gets more than their automatic unless KSC does not win the tourney

santeezy06

When I said poor pitching I was refrencing RIC's bullpen. They never looked that horrible all season. The freshmen in the first game held off the attack to make it a close game but Thibeau in second game was horrible.

The fans are still the most unclassy of all LEC teams.