Author Topic: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 13347765 times)

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #103425 on: June 13, 2022, 11:08:38 am »
Glad to see my increase in tailgate/parking & season tickets went for a worthy cause

I'll lay 15/1 odds that SJU incorporates blue into the new field scheme in some way, shape, or form. Even if it is as miniscule as trim around a logo or something small.

Also taking bets at 250/1 that SJU goes for an all red turf look like Eastern Washington.

There should be a law or rule banning turf color from being anything but green.

Jerdy and the Vienna Vikings got another W yesterday. The announcer on the video is kind tough to listen to.
https://youtu.be/coJmIzdpfek

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

Offline SagatagSam

• All-American
  • Long Live the Red Party Cup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103426 on: June 13, 2022, 12:35:39 pm »
Jerdy and the Vienna Vikings got another W yesterday. The announcer on the video is kind tough to listen to.
https://youtu.be/coJmIzdpfek

I wonder if they have a person doing play by play in German (they're in Vienna, right?) who is super into the game.

"Erdmann wirft in die Endzone, er hat da unten einen Mann. Touchdown-Wikinger!"

That would be exciting to hear: basically an Austrian version of VOJ, total unapologetic homer.

Disclaimer: I don't speak much German. All translation done by Google Translate.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #103427 on: June 14, 2022, 03:13:28 am »
Would they call a blitz in German?
[  

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #103428 on: June 14, 2022, 09:10:34 am »

I think that would be Blitz.

Not bad stats for Jerdy:
24-30 for 285 yards and one TD.
Can’t believe an NFL team wouldn’t give him a chance as a backup.

https://assets-global.website-files.com/5fb916e4beed7f5a8f3276f7/62a615d6f3496d643c5db854_STATS_VVFG2202.pdf

Offline SagatagSam

• All-American
  • Long Live the Red Party Cup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103429 on: June 14, 2022, 09:12:17 am »

"Blitzkrieg!!!"
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Offline hazzben

• All-American
  • "I'm your huckleberry"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103430 on: June 20, 2022, 12:43:06 am »
I'm actually a little intrigued by how they do the kickoffs in the Euro FB league. Interesting concept to avoid the 40 yd sprint and collision, but still keep the potential for an exciting play as a part of the game.

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
[  

Offline GoldandBlueBU

• All-Region
    • View Profile

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #103433 on: June 21, 2022, 12:22:00 pm »
Adios, Texas Ole!

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-secede-us-2023-gop-pushes-referendum-1717254

Would UMHB and the “American” Southwest Conference continue to compete in NCAA athletics?  Originally this was a satirical question but as I wrote it decided it was a serious question. Maybe they could play in the Successionist Southwest Conference?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 12:24:07 pm by faunch »

Offline Texas Ole

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103434 on: June 21, 2022, 05:39:36 pm »
Adios, Texas Ole!

Would UMHB and the “American” Southwest Conference continue to compete in NCAA athletics?  Originally this was a satirical question but as I wrote it decided it was a serious question. Maybe they could play in the Successionist Southwest Conference?

Ugh!  Not another one of these.  I lean to the right, and this is just ridiculous.  I have Texas pride, but I will always be an American first!  I am far more proud of my ancestral heritage.  Texas secedes, and I will have to figure out what to do.  There is a secessionist party in Texas that seems to nominate a few people to state offices every year.  Basically this is just a memo sent to members of the party to vote on (think primary) that if it passes means it might go before the state legislature.  Then you have the bill to become a law.  In all likelihood it isn't happening.  I feel like this is whining about a lost election.  I also wonder if it makes financial sense to start a new country!

I do believe there is trademark on the Southwest Conference name that basically prevents anyone from ever using it again. 

Offline HSCTiger74

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #103435 on: June 21, 2022, 10:56:34 pm »
Adios, Texas Ole!

Ugh!  Not another one of these.  I lean to the right, and this is just ridiculous.  I have Texas pride, but I will always be an American first!  I am far more proud of my ancestral heritage.  Texas secedes, and I will have to figure out what to do.  There is a secessionist party in Texas that seems to nominate a few people to state offices every year.  Basically this is just a memo sent to members of the party to vote on (think primary) that if it passes means it might go before the state legislature.  Then you have the bill to become a law.  In all likelihood it isn't happening.  I feel like this is whining about a lost election.  I also wonder if it makes financial sense to start a new country!

I do believe there is trademark on the Southwest Conference name that basically prevents anyone from ever using it again.

I’m a little bit confused … wasn’t this all settled 157 years ago?
TANSTAAFL

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #103436 on: June 22, 2022, 12:03:12 am »
I'm all for secession.  I reckon it would be a hoot.  The ensuing chaos would rival the most ambitious zombie flick.  And if it didn't happen until January, then we could fill the whole off-season posting about it.
[  

Offline Texas Ole

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103437 on: June 23, 2022, 12:45:51 am »
Adios, Texas Ole!

I’m a little bit confused … wasn’t this all settled 157 years ago?

You would have thought give or take a few years. Rejoined in 1870. California is another state that likes to threaten to secede.

Offline MadRedFan

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103438 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:13 pm »
Changes afoot at SJU?  This ad is on footballscoop.com today:

St. John's University (D-III - Collegeville, MN): Saint John’s University is seeking a quarterbacks coach / offensive assistant. This is a potential full time position with benefits. Must have experience coaching quarterbacks at the college level. Position will include recruiting responsibilities and other responsibilities as determined by the head coach. Email letter of interest and resume to Head Coach Gary Fasching. gfasching@csbsju.edu

https://footballscoop.com/thescoop/the-scoop-thursday-june-23-2022

Michael Orts is the current QB coach. I assume/hope Heckendorf's not going anyplace. Anyone know anything?

Offline faunch

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #103439 on: June 24, 2022, 11:17:38 am »
Changes afoot at SJU?  This ad is on footballscoop.com today:

St. John's University (D-III - Collegeville, MN): Saint John’s University is seeking a quarterbacks coach / offensive assistant. This is a potential full time position with benefits. Must have experience coaching quarterbacks at the college level. Position will include recruiting responsibilities and other responsibilities as determined by the head coach. Email letter of interest and resume to Head Coach Gary Fasching. gfasching@csbsju.edu

https://footballscoop.com/thescoop/the-scoop-thursday-june-23-2022

Michael Orts is the current QB coach. I assume/hope Heckendorf's not going anyplace. Anyone know anything?
No sir ???
Heckendorf and Dumo were fishing a month ago....so https://twitter.com/kole_heckendorf/status/1528747030977384448?s=20&t=6spU9CMSa6GqlIW5Dc36Jw
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:39:01 am by faunch »