FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpuckfan

ripon release:

Media alert: Winningest Head Football Coach Ron Ernst's final game is Saturday

RIPON — The final regular season home game led by Red Hawks' head football coach and defensive coordinator Ron Ernst will be Saturday, Nov. 12.

Ernst, the winningest football coach in both the Midwest Conference and Ripon College history, is retiring after 32 years at the helm.

The Red Hawks will face Lawrence University at Ingalls Field in Ripon. It is the oldest college football rivalry in the state of Wisconsin, dating back to 1893. Ripon hasn't lost a game to Lawrence since 1999.

A senior player send-off begins at 11:30 a.m. Kick-off will be at noon. More than 200 Ripon football alumni will be returning to campus.

Ernst will be available for photos and interviews after the game.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

fulbakdad

Lake Forest wins the Conference on the tie breaker by leading all 4 quarters!   

Captain_Joe08

Now the question is who is going to the Lakefront Bowl. My bet it's Monmouth based off of head to head result against Ripon.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

New Tradition

Congrats, Foresters, on an outstanding season.  Looking forward to Saturday.  I'll admit that I'm pretty ignorant as to LF and what type of football they play.  What are the keys to their success?  Any potential weaknesses?

As for NCC--they're primarily a rushing team.  They have 2 Sr. RB's who look and run like bruisers, but are also quick and can break a long one if they make it into the second level.  This has happened pretty frequently due to the dominance of the offensive line.  The soph QB is actually the fastest player on the team and can also hurt you with his feet.  You'll see several designed runs for him, as well.  They don't throw the ball a ton, but when they do, they're very efficient.  The WR core has been decimated by injury, but still healthy is the #1 receiver, DeAngelo Hardy, who is quite the specimen--speed, intelligence, range.  It hasn't happened yet this season, but if LF can shut down the Cardinals ground game, they'll have a shot.

Defensively, they're even more impressive than the offense, somehow.  They are extremely stingy with the football and will force turnovers.  They haven't given up a touchdown since the 4th game of the season vs. Wheaton.  This streak includes 4 straight shutouts--a school record.  When teams have had success moving the football against the Cardinals, it has been off tackle runs and quick passes into the flats. 

Interested to hear your thoughts and congrats again!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

SpartanHouse

Quote from: New Tradition on November 14, 2022, 10:32:11 AM
Congrats, Foresters, on an outstanding season.  Looking forward to Saturday.  I'll admit that I'm pretty ignorant as to LF and what type of football they play.  What are the keys to their success?  Any potential weaknesses?

As for NCC--they're primarily a rushing team.  They have 2 Sr. RB's who look and run like bruisers, but are also quick and can break a long one if they make it into the second level.  This has happened pretty frequently due to the dominance of the offensive line.  The soph QB is actually the fastest player on the team and can also hurt you with his feet.  You'll see several designed runs for him, as well.  They don't throw the ball a ton, but when they do, they're very efficient.  The WR core has been decimated by injury, but still healthy is the #1 receiver, DeAngelo Hardy, who is quite the specimen--speed, intelligence, range.  It hasn't happened yet this season, but if LF can shut down the Cardinals ground game, they'll have a shot.

Defensively, they're even more impressive than the offense, somehow.  They are extremely stingy with the football and will force turnovers.  They haven't given up a touchdown since the 4th game of the season vs. Wheaton.  This streak includes 4 straight shutouts--a school record.  When teams have had success moving the football against the Cardinals, it has been off tackle runs and quick passes into the flats. 

Interested to hear your thoughts and congrats again!

Not a whole lot of action on the MWC board this year. I'm sure LF is well aware of NCC and their style of play. LF will play tough. I'd compare LF talent level to Augie. NCC should win by 50+.

gbpuckfan

New stadium, on campus, for Ripon College

Ripon, Wisconsin (Thursday, December 1, 2022) – Ripon College has announced plans to move forward with a $35 million strategic infrastructure plan which will include the renovation and expansion of Farr Hall of Science, a new on-campus stadium and upgrades to the undergraduate residence halls. The first phase will prioritize a $24.5 million investment in the science center and an $8.5 million investment in the campus stadium, both of which are projected to break ground in spring 2023. Planning for upgrades to the residence halls has commenced and the college hopes to finalize plans within the next year.

Red Hawks Stadium
In addition to the science center, Ripon also has announced the construction of a new 157,000-square-foot on-campus stadium. The stadium will be located on the underutilized lower Sadoff Field between the state-of-the-art Willmore Center for athletics and the student residence halls. Previously, Ripon College shared Ingalls Field Stadium, located a half-mile from campus, with the local high school for outdoor athletic events.

The new mixed-use space will house the Ripon College football and men's and women's soccer teams, as well as serve the entirety of the student body and Ripon community through potential intramural offerings, concerts and other student life programming.

The new construction will feature a 2,000-seat grandstand and press box, a formal entrance on the corner of Thorne and Union streets, viewing opportunities on Sadoff Hill, lighting for evening programming and a branded game-day experience. The new stadium is projected to open in fall 2023.

"Ripon College is the only school in the Midwest Conference without its own campus stadium," says Ryan Kane, athletic director and head men's basketball coach. "There is no doubt in my mind that this project will be a gathering space not only for our student-athletes but also for our students, faculty, staff and community members at large."

Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

Ripon coach didn't stay totally retired:

https://www.riponpress.com/sports/from-ripon-to-germany-ernst-will-coach-professionally/article_09677b2a-bdfb-11ed-8b39-138af8b89381.html

When Ron Ernst announced last August that he would retire after 32 years as the Ripon College Red Hawk head football coach, he said a challenge would be staying away from the team and that he wanted to travel with his wife.

He is accomplishing both of those tasks.

Ernst accepted a job to serve as the defensive coordinator for the Ingolstadt Dukes of the German Football League. He will leave in early April and be there through September or October. His wife, Janet, who is a teacher at Murray Park Elementary School, will join him in June for the summer months after finishing the 2022-23 school year.

HansenRatings

Playoff projections for the season using my model's preseason ratings:

You can look at other conferences on my website: https://hansenratings.github.io/.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

fulbakdad