MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

He brings in such poor quality competition to this tournament, the Hilton should stop sponsoring the men's event.
How many times have we seen the likes of Houghton, Bard, Sarah Lawrence, and Pratt Institute?
No wonder they draw 47 fans for this.
Anything for a win I guess.

Great Day to be a Royal

You just had Swarthmore last season! York and Scranton have had great match ups in last few years past. So each team gets a cupcake, and face in final. I'm good with that for your opening tournament.  And anyone complaining about Kings. Local game over Christmas break, who cares. Heck I was the one on here saying the Wilkes& Kings rivalries died in the MAC, and people gave me a hard time! Let's see what else the schedule looks like. My complaint will be when they play a defacto MAC schedule as they seem to often do

ronk

No complaints about Kings; all that was said was that they were on the schedule. York now, however, hasn't been playing to the level of a few years ago and won't add to the SOS. The invitational tourney is the prime opportunity to choose some quality opponents and with few exceptions(Swarthmore last year and York a few years ago) the teams don't satisfy that need.

Great Day to be a Royal

I think SOS for Scranton is not a thing to worry about. It has been a long stretch since an NCAA birth.

Augie2020

Well maybe at Cortland State Jan 3rd will help out that s.o.s

Augie2020

They also have PSU Harrisburg and I think Desales

Augie2020

I would be happy with the men winning the Landmark Conference!

saratoga

I'd be happy with them just making the Landmark playoffs.  ;)
The men's program is a shell of what it once was.

Tim the Enchanter

Royals finally announced today that Jeff Frank is their new assistant coach.  It only took them a month and a half!  ;D

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on August 17, 2022, 06:13:37 PM
Royals finally announced today that Jeff Frank is their new assistant coach.  It only took them a month and a half!  ;D

Welcome to the family Jeff, we are a neurotic weird bunch, but we are a family.!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on August 17, 2022, 06:13:37 PM

The same statement that the schedule would be released in the coming weeks was made 3 weeks ago.  ::)

saratoga

Where is Kevin Southard, SID when we need him?
He ran the show by himself for years & nothing was ever late.

jmcozenlaw

This time next year we can all break down Landmark football as we wait for hoops season!!

ronk

Some men's games on the schedule(released by opponents, still waiting for Scranton's release):

11//11 Houghton
11/12 York/Manhattanville
11/16 @ Wilkes
12/3 Goucher
12/7 @ F&M
12/10 PS-HBG
12/31 @ Kings
1/4 Cortland

Great Day to be a Royal

So that leaves two maybe three non-conference games TBA. Years past they have played 24, but I believe last year scheduled for 25.