FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scots13

Pray for Scots.

Offense is inept. Defensive is simply porous. Special teams is non-existent.
Players who've contributed in the past are either gone or not getting PT. Just a head scratcher for the first 2 weeks.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

jknezek

W&L and Maryville officially postpone their game. Both teams have a bye week 9/22, and the release from W&L says a make up date is likely.

BerryCollegeFan

Who is Methodist playing this week?  I know the flooding has closed their campus most of the week?

Hawks88

This is their scheduled open date. They were supposed to play E&H last week but weren't able to reschedule it.

hasanova

Hawks88, tough start to the season for Huntingdon.  Look on the bright side, USAC play starts next Saturday.

Hawks88

That's what we're doing, Hasa, looking on the bright side. It was a much better effort than the BSC game but still some issues. Defense played better but I still wish our tackling was better and another long stretch of the second half where the offense went pretty quiet and didn't get much done. Hopefully we can keep improving and get it going in conference play.
We weren't real thrilled with some of the officiating. It's like the referee saw that Clay Matthews roughing the passer call on Sunday and decided it was a good call because he called a couple of very similar ones on us. But, hey what can you do.

Go Hawks!

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 22, 2018, 08:49:47 PM
That's what we're doing, Hasa, looking on the bright side. It was a much better effort than the BSC game but still some issues. Defense played better but I still wish our tackling was better and another long stretch of the second half where the offense went pretty quiet and didn't get much done. Hopefully we can keep improving and get it going in conference play.
We weren't real thrilled with some of the officiating. It's like the referee saw that Clay Matthews roughing the passer call on Sunday and decided it was a good call because he called a couple of very similar ones on us. But, hey what can you do.

Go Hawks!
I still expect to see the Hawks in the hunt for the USAC title.   NCWC did beat TMC, however, and Averett appears to be tough. Good luck.

Hawks88

Not pretty in Fayetteville, down 20-7 at the half. Tackling isn't improved any from last week. I don't know how bad it would be if Methodist didn't have 5 or 6 drops. On the other side I don't think I've ever seen our offense this ineffective. Hopefully we can find something for the second half.

Hawks88

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 29, 2018, 02:20:36 PM
Not pretty in Fayetteville, down 20-7 at the half. Tackling isn't improved any from last week. I don't know how bad it would be if Methodist didn't have 5 or 6 drops. On the other side I don't think I've ever seen our offense this ineffective. Hopefully we can find something for the second half.
34-7 midway through 3rd. Gonna be a lonnnnnng year.

Hawks88

Final in Fayetteville, Methodist 48 Huntingdon 34. Made some plays offensively late but our defense would have had to get a stop or two for us to really have made it close.
First time to be 0-3 since 2004 when we were new and didn't really know what we were doing yet. Pretty much uncharted territory here.
At Maryville next week. Can we get it together or does the streak come to an end?

Go Hawks!

Scots13

MC's defense played well on Saturday, but the offense is still struggling. Multiple stalled drives in the red zone. I think the streak might be safe, but hoping to get the monkey off our backs.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 29, 2018, 04:19:17 PM
Final in Fayetteville, Methodist 48 Huntingdon 34. Made some plays offensively late but our defense would have had to get a stop or two for us to really have made it close.
First time to be 0-3 since 2004 when we were new and didn't really know what we were doing yet. Pretty much uncharted territory here.
At Maryville next week. Can we get it together or does the streak come to an end?

Go Hawks!
Hawks88, surprising outcome in Fayetteville.  I didn't see this coming.  Hopefully, HC can regroup and get going the rest of the season.  I think a second USAC loss would probably knock them out of the conference championship unless they won a head-to-head tiebreaker with another contender.

hasanova

Pat Coleman, while looking at Greensboro's upcoming schedule, it caught my eye that the Pride had eleven games under their link in d3football.  Upon further examination, it looks like games against both Maryville and Middle Georgia on Nov. 3.  I'm pretty sure the Middle Georgia entry is in error.  Thanks for all you do to accurately promote and report d3football.

Pat Coleman

Thanks. I can't keep Middle Georgia from screwing up but I'll see if I can delete it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hasanova

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 03, 2018, 08:58:39 AM
Thanks. I can't keep Middle Georgia from screwing up but I'll see if I can delete it.
Yes, Middle Georgia is known for their incorrigible behavior.