FB: Centennial Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandfense

JHU got some sort of field turf this year (same used in the Baltimore Ravens stadium). 

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/jhop/galleries/homewood-072705/JVR8616-lg.jpg

Terror82

Man, it's about time they got rid of that pool table surface they played on before. We played there one year and like four guys came home with knee injuries..... :(

GoDips71

Not only that, but I recall the surface being somewhat rough and almost sandy - leaving not so pleasant burns (now scars) on the body....

Good to see the change has been made to the more modern version of turf.

Anybody have any information regarding the scrimmages that took place today?

ducenickel

The JHU turf was horrible!  We (Muhlenberg) played them one year in a torrential downpour and the turf actually bubbled up!

RampantDad

Best of luck to the Centennial Conference teams in 2005 from an old fummer who was there when they were in the Southern College Division of the MACC. Knew  Bernie Santanella (who had played on the team that faced Fordham with Vince Lombardi)
and saw F&M beat a Widener team led by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

Tee it up

badbadman

Any scrimmage news?  There was a post on the MAC board regarding the F&M vs Moravian scrimmage, but it was erased.  Maybe it wasn't acceptable to Pat although it seemed harmless.

Pat Coleman

I did not erase any posts on the subject, badbadassumptionman. Whoever posted it must've gotten cold feet and yanked it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

readytorock

Any thoughts on how thee teams scrimmaged on saturday?

Pat Coleman

I remember the post reading that it was nothing like F&M's shellacking of Moravian in last year's ECAC game, but that's all I got.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

I'm also told by a reliable source that the post mentioned Chris Jacoubs rested his hamstring and did not participate in the scrimmage.

badbadman

Thanks for your reply Pat.  I wanted to make sure you didn't have an issue with discussing scrimmages.

Wasn't there, but read a message on the MAC board that was erased.  The message indicated that Moravian looked much better than F&M.  The score, if there is such a thing in a scrimmage, was something like 17-3 when the starters were in.  That poster also mentioned that Moravian controlled the LOS.  As Pat mentioned, he also said that Chris Jacobs and a starting Moravian WR did not play to rest minor injuries.

Amish Allstar

Moravian-F&M Scrimmage:

A very agressive and well played scrimmage.  Both teams will do well this year.  Here are some obervations:

Moravian: Jacoubs did not play and rested his hamstring as did the receiver Hawkins (i think).  Moved the ball and scored on the opening series on a long pass.  other then that Moravians Offense did not do much until the back ups were in. 

F&M:  Gave the Moravian D two scores one an interception and fumble both returned for a TD.  Moved the ball at times but it was an up and down scrimmage for the dips ie, dropped passes, and turnovers.  They were also playing some young kids due to injuries. 

Overall, it was a good scrimmage versus a very well coached and quality team.  Good luck to both teams.

Knightstalker

This link has the Express Times Football preview edition, you have to scroll down on the index page to see the Centennial preview.
Preview

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

badbadman

They pick Muhlenberg to win the conference this year which makes three different teams picked in different polls this year.  Coach Donnelly sums it up pretty well for what every team can expect this year:

"I predict this league will be tougher than ever from top to bottom," Donnelly said. "A couple of years ago, you could look at teams and say, 'Those teams are clearly down.' I don't see that. If our kids don't work really, really hard, then we fall down."

DipDad

Was at the scrimmage and am interested in knowing how the Moravian Player they put in a neck brace is doing. Missed the play...hope all is well in Greyhound land.