FB: Centennial Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mole

JHU @ Juniata (Blue Jays need to stay healthy)
Gettysburg @ Muhlenberg (ditto above and can't be hung over from the L Saturday)
Ursinus @ F&M: Dips looked very strong at home Saturday, finally hitting their stride
Moravian @ Dickinson: Hounds got trounced in Lancaster, can't let Red Devils hang around, they are improved
Susquehanna @ McDaniel: Green Terror will be scared looking at Crusaders on film
TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

The Mole

JHU 56 Juniata 0
Muhlenberg 49 Gettysburg 0
Ursinus 27 F&M 24
Dickinson 36 Moravian 29
Susquehanna 20 McDaniel 3

Quote from: The Mole on October 28, 2018, 11:22:18 AM
JHU @ Juniata (Blue Jays need to stay healthy)
Gettysburg @ Muhlenberg (ditto above and can't be hung over from the L Saturday)
Ursinus @ F&M: Dips looked very strong at home Saturday, finally hitting their stride
Moravian @ Dickinson: Hounds got trounced in Lancaster, can't let Red Devils hang around, they are improved
Susquehanna @ McDaniel: Green Terror will be scared looking at Crusaders on film

The Mole

Muhlenberg @ Moravian: crosstown rivalry with Pool C bid possibility for Mules, Hounds MAC/CC bowl hopes are slim but must win to have any shot.

McDaniel @ Johns Hopkins: Blue Jays should clinch Pool A in this battle for Baltimore

F&M @ Gettysburg: Dips need a win and are hoping for a MAC/CC bowl as well. Tough season for Bullets.

Juniata @ Susquehanna: Can the Eagles pull the upset over the Crusaders (who should get a MAC/CC bowl) to avoid a winless slate?

Dickinson @ Ursinus: Both had nice wins last week and need another here to have a shot at that MAC/CC bowl game (if Muhlenberg doesn't get a Pool C bid, its gonna get dicey)

The Mole

Muhlenberg 53 Moravian 7 and a Pool C bid on the road to face Delaware Valley
Johns Hopkins 42 McDaniel 17. Blue Jays host Pool B winner MIT
F&M 34 Gettysburg 10. Diplomats take on Lycoming in Centennial/MAC Bowl
Susquehanna 24 Juniata 6. Crusaders face Stevenson in Cen/Mac Bowl
Ursinus 31 Dickinson 0, Bears play Misericordia in Cen/Mac Bowl
Nice seasons for all, good luck his week!

Ralph Turner

Way to go Mules!

A South Region 2nd round with the Mules and RMC.

DelVal tries the Mississippi Miracle on the last play of the game and does not convert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbzQoXuxdU

D O.C.

Joe Rockhead

Quite a post-season day for the Centennial Conference. 5-0 with two teams on to the second round of the tournament. Congratulations to all of the victorious Centennial teams-F & M with a dramatic win over Lycoming, Susquehanna over Stevenson, Ursinus dismantling Miseracordia and good luck next week to Hopkins and Muhlenberg after their opening round victories over MIT & Del Val!

The Mole

JR, I was just thinking about this. so I wanted to dig a little deeper into the MAC vs Centennial history. The results surprised me. I grabbed a notebook and scanned through head to head games from 1998 through 2018 (including this past week), and the MAC is 45-72 versus the Centennial overall including regular season, bowl games and playoffs. I have listed the year by year head to head records (MAC left-Centennial right) below. It is important to note that from 2007-2010, Juniata, Moravian and Susquehanna switched over from the MAC to the Centennial. Other than that, the results are fairly consistent over time. Repeat, I was not expecting what the data revealed. Going by years 6-13-2 record. I apologize if I missed a game or two as I did this quickly, but that does not change the narrative.

1998: 0-4     2005: 3-2     2012: 2-1
1999: 1-4     2006: 2-4     2013: 1-2
2000: 2-4     2007: 1-4     2014: 2-3
2001: 3-3     2008: 3-2     2015: 2-4
2002: 1-6     2009: 7-1     2016: 3-3
2003: 1-5     2010: 2-4     2017: 1-5
2004: 4-3     2011: 4-1     2018: 0-7

Quote from: Joe Rockhead on November 17, 2018, 10:05:58 PM
Quite a post-season day for the Centennial Conference. 5-0 with two teams on to the second round of the tournament. Congratulations to all of the victorious Centennial teams-F & M with a dramatic win over Lycoming, Susquehanna over Stevenson, Ursinus dismantling Miseracordia and good luck next week to Hopkins and Muhlenberg after their opening round victories over MIT & Del Val!

Joe Rockhead

Here is a link to a preview of a feature on Muhlenberg's Coach Donnelly that will air on Thanksgiving Day on CBS sports. The preview speaks for itself. https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1064946456522575872

QuoteFriends of Mules Football.
CBS has set a date for the video about Coach Duke Donnelly and his battle with cancer. 
It will air on CBS Sports, Thanksgiving day at 2:30 PM.  We hope you'll tune in and share some memories about Coach Donnelly.  You can see a preview of the video on our twitter page. 
If you don't have CBS Sports I'm sure we will be getting the link to the video shortly after.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Nate Milne
Muhlenberg College
Head Football Coach

Joe Rockhead

If you missed the broadcast you can watch the entire 10 minute feature here:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1065697657476210688

I promise you it's worth 10 minutes of your time.

The Mole

WOW! Two teams in the Centennial in the Final 8. Impressive showing (and a good draw). Hopkins vs RPI and Muhlenberg at Mount Union. Its gravy from here. Two 11 win teams still playing and three 8-3 teams that won postseason bowls. Phenomenal year for the conference regardless of the outcome of next week for the Mules and Jays.

wesleydad

Quote from: The Mole on November 24, 2018, 05:00:35 PM
WOW! Two teams in the Centennial in the Final 8. Impressive showing (and a good draw). Hopkins vs RPI and Muhlenberg at Mount Union. Its gravy from here. Two 11 win teams still playing and three 8-3 teams that won postseason bowls. Phenomenal year for the conference regardless of the outcome of next week for the Mules and Jays.

Would be stunned if Hopkins losses to RPI.  Stunned.  Hopefully Muhlenberg can make a game of it.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: wesleydad on November 24, 2018, 05:27:46 PM

Would be stunned if Hopkins losses to RPI.  Stunned.  Hopefully Muhlenberg can make a game of it.

That's what Brockport thought, too. Having said that however I still agree with you.
TANSTAAFL

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on November 24, 2018, 06:05:27 PM
Quote from: wesleydad on November 24, 2018, 05:27:46 PM

That's what Brockport thought, too. Having said that however I still agree with you.

My thoughts exactly.

MUC57

All you Muhlenberg fans

Congrats on a nice game Saturday and a super season. First time ever this far in the playoffs. You guys may like it so much you'll want to do it next year. Hope you do!
But for now. You know you'll have your hands full with the Raiders. Also know that Mount Union takes no one for granted. You're here because out of 250 teams in Dlll, you are one of the top 8. Also, you beat the team (Randolph-Macon) that beat the team (John Carroll) that Mount struggled with in the regular season. So it should be a good game. Hey, there's a reason they call.. it "The Elite 8".
Hope you bring lots of fans. I'll try my best to meet some of you.
Travel safely and Go Mules! (Go Raiders too)! See you in Alliance. 🐴 🏈 😃
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠