FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Bonzo, Here are a couple of suggestions:

TLU at ETBU Oct. 8th, 2pm.

HPU at ETBU Sep 17th, 2pm.

With those you will have seen 6 of the 10 ASC teams.

Josh Bowerman

Ron, you might consider coming to hang with me at the HSU/LC game on 09/16.  We could double-team the game;  you writing it up, me photographing it.
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

Gocru

GO CRUSADERS!!!!
hey guys this new board will take a little getting used to it took me 5 minutes to find where to post.good luck this.UMHB is havin 200 people report!That is awesome.Good luck every one looking forward to a great year.

baddog

Pat -- The new set up really does look good. No huge deal, but as with Bowerman, I lost posting credits and waqs downgraded to second-string from starter. Man, I really did work hard during off-season and have added speed and muscle without losing skill. Any chance of getting that changed back?
Thanks -- as always -- for a great site.
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

Pat Coleman

Baddog, I don't have a football poster under your e-mail address. What e-mail did you use to register for the old Post Patterns?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

dsc

HSU has 171 Cowboys on the roster!

Go HSU! :)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

ccowboyz1

Hardin Simmons University Cowboys
What's going on in Abilene at HSU?  Has anyone been able to take in any practices?  I saw them practice Saturday in between rain lightning delays.  They looked very quick but I couldn't really tell a whole lot.  Updates would be greatly appreciated.  Go Cowboys!!

dsc

ccowboyz1

dsc,

I heard a figure closer to 190.  I think they have a couple of new players who could make an immediate impact.  They have a couple of holes to fill, so I guess we'll see.

dsc

Yeah, I heard the same thing...about a couple "impact" players.  I know Abilene has been getting "tons of rain"...so I hope they are getting some practice in! ???

If there is anyone in Abilene who can tell us anything about the workouts, players, etc...we'd really appreciate it...I'm on the East Coast! :-\

I think the students arrive on Thursday...I hope someone gets their laptops up and reports some news!

Go Cowboys!
I love this new board!

Toby Taff

Go Purple! Go Gold!
That should cover the bases ;D

DSC,

Concerning Abilene, the weather the last few days has been good.  today was kind of hot, but with the rain it has been fairly comfortable.  I was by campus today and NSO is going full speed, the freshman are all acting nuts.  I didn't watch practice, but they were out on the practice field working hard when I saw them. 

I'll try to get some better info for you and post it

BTW the new effects are fun!
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

dsc

Pat, the number of "posts" does not seem to be counting.  I posted three times and I'm still at 493.

Obviously, you can tell we like the new features...

Thanks, just a FYI...or maybe I am not understanding how it works. ???

dsc

Disregard last post!

It's working...apparently increases and changes on all the postings, when you have a new one.

dsc

Kelly Boggs

Toby,

I am fortunate, with the 2 hour time difference, I can listen to most of the UMHB games before heading out for the Linfield home games. We did miss a few minutes of the Wildcat semi-final against Rowan (which was 2 Wildcat touchdowns) because we were not going to miss a single second of the Mount Union game.

One great thing about Linfield last season (and perhaps this year as well), all the playoff games were at home. To quote my oldest son, "That was sweet!"

GO UMHB!  GO WILDATS!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

hpudad

New to the board and Division III football.  My son is a freshman at HPU and reported for practice last week.  I got introduced to Division III last year with some of my sons friends being on the UMHB squad.  I'm looking forward to the season.  HPU just changed their coaching staff.  I'm not sure how they will do.  Best of luck to all.
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. "
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)