FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynxBC62

DesertLynx,
I'm hearing all systems go in Memphis. All returners are healthy and team morale is high. Freshmen are looking good and ready to contribute. I've been in touch with some of the guys and I'm getting nothing but positive reports back. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

evacuee

Can anyone tell me how to get a team logo up along with my post?

alphamale64

I just found this message board since D3football put up the article on their main page.  Just wanted to say hello.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: TU2698 on August 17, 2005, 09:57:48 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get a team logo up along with my post?

• Click the "profile" icon at the top of this screen
  • Click the "Forum Profile Information" link in the left menubar
  • Click the "I have my own pic" radio button and insert the URL that you want to use as your avatar.  It will be resized to fit if necessary.

Unfortunately, this software seems to lack the ability to upload jpg's/gifs from your desktop (or the option has not been enabled).  Another option is to put the team logo in your signature, but that's a little more complicated. 

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

coachr

Desert Lynx,
I haven't talked to my son the last couple of days but I'll call him today to see how everything is going. He did mention that he thought they were looking pretty good, but he also said how much can you tell ins shorts and helmets. The 2005 season review is on the Rhodes and SCAC website, I was real proud of him, he got most of the press in the review. If you read it, he is the linebacker that led the SCAC in tackles last year. I'll talk to him later today and get a report.

historymajor

BfB,,, when's your first "Around the South Region" due?

coachr

LynxBC62

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow supporter. Sounds like you live up in Memphis. Are you a ex player or do you have a son on the team? If you go to the games I've probably met you.

DesertLynx

Coach R and LynxBC

Yes I also have a son on the team but communication is kind of difficult here, and I know he is getting his tail run off from sun up to sun down.  So he has virtually no time to contact me.   He did tell his mother that he likes his teammates and coaches.  So that is positive when you are in a new environment.  He too sounded optimistic about how things were going.  I am just down right  EXCITED and wish SEPT 3 would hurry up!
"It is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman

TigerDad

BfB, looking forward to reading what you might have to say about the Tigers in 2005.  Any insights on the coming season?  Just found this forum and registered today.  Was a Texas HS 1A fan, but moved up to D-III this season!
Trinity Tiger Football ... where champions compete on and off the field.

smedindy

May want to clarify, because the Dannies...er...DePauw are the Tigers as well. Oh, yeah, they'd have to have posters to be a factor... :o :D

DanSwan

This is the most Lynx talk this board has ever seen.
Hopefully, the team is working hard because there is a great deal of work to be done.

LynxBC, hopefully I'll see you for a game in Germany.

LynxBC62

CoachR,
I graduated last year, so I played right in front of your son for a couple of years and am still keeping in touch with a lot of the guys. I am not in Memphis, but I keep getting positive feedback from them, so that's encouraging. Swan, I agree, good to see a lot of Lynx talk on the board and there is some work to do in Memphis. I'll try to get out of Ireland and make it to Germany before too long.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: historymajor on August 17, 2005, 11:37:33 AM
BfB,,, when's your first "Around the South Region" due?

HM, I would not expect ATRs to show up until the first week of the season (e.g. sometime around August 30).  Pat will correct me if I'm wrong.  The Kickoff Edition will do most of what the first column of the season did, and more.  We'll still have something, but the Kickoff will cover angles we could only dream of.   

Tigerdad, welcome.  It's a bit early and I don't have much more insight than anyone else at this point.  There are questions all over the conference.  DePauw, Rhodes, Millsaps, and maybe Centre could all be in the mix if things break right this year.  Trinity is the favorite at this point.  The offense is in generally good shape if Jacob Cannon delivers at QB, and the new WRs catch on; having two strong returning RBs (Jones and Valencia) will help.  The defense is inexperienced in the backfield and will have to develop early.  TLU has a good passing attack and should give them a workout in week 2. 

For those wondering:  this is my preliminary schedule for game coverage this year:

• Sep 3  Trinity at Austin College.  ASC-SCAC matchup, and it's only 30 miles from my house.
  • Sep 10  Texas Lutheran at Trinity.  Another ASC-SCAC matchup, and TLU promises to once again be much improved this year.  A good early-season test for both teams.
  • Oct 22  Mary Hardin-Baylor at Hardin-Simmons.  Do I need say anything?
  • Nov 19  Texas first-round playoff game. Usually a safe bet to say there will be one
  • Nov 26  Texas second-round playoff game.  If any

I would like to take in one other ASC contest, and IIRC for the first time in D3football.com history a SCAC tilt not involving Trinity.  Games at Rhodes would be the most likely, followed by games at Millsaps or DePauw.  In either case, the game would need to be significant in terms of the conference and/or the region.   But for me to get to a SCAC game in those areas, I absolutely will have to be able to find a cheap airfare, not the easiest thing to do.  Rhodes is the only school in theoretical driving distance, but 400 miles with two-thirds of that on Arkansas interstates doesn't sound like my idea of fun. 

Of course, if someone out there has millions of frequent-flyer miles burning a hole in their pocket, let's talk  :D

Pat Coleman

We're going to do something different with the preseason ATRs this year, something that doesn't parrot the Kickoff yet is hopefully fun for both the writers and readers.

And I apologize I haven't communicated that yet to the writers.  :-\
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.