FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachr

LynxBC62 & DanSwan

How did your knee operation go for you. I hope everything went fine. Ya'll keep me posted on Germany, I am interested on how things go. Good Luck. Hopefully you can get to Memphis for a game. LynxBC62, will your parents go to any games thisyear? I enjoyed them and your Dad's enthusiasm. Tailgating was a lot of fun. #33 still doesn't talk much, but I think he feels they might be able to play with the good ones this year.

etg

Bonzo,
What about Trinity at Rhodes, Oct. 29th, 1:30 p.m.?That will allow you to KILL "two birds" with one stone (or football); I expect the Tigers will be doing the Lynx in though.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: etg on August 17, 2005, 08:36:48 PM
Bonzo,
What about Trinity at Rhodes, Oct. 29th, 1:30 p.m.?  That will allow you to KILL "two birds" with one stone (or football) ...

A good idea, ETG, except I really would like to give someone else in the SCAC some press this year.  If Trinity wins the conference they will have at least three games covered this year.   If I am going to be the "South Region" columnist, I should see some games besides those in my home state once in a while ...

We'll just have to see how the season progresses. 

gil68

Anyone hear any news out of DePauw camp about how the Tigers doing?
DePauw Never Quits!

coachr

I certainly give Trinity all the respect in the world, but I do recall they did have a big L the last time they played in Memphis. I do not think this year the kids in Red and black are going to give in to anybody. Their captians this year will not allow it. But all props to Trinity, they have earned the most respect in the conference, that is what happens, when you become the king, everyone is tryning to knock you off so there can be a new "Long live the king"

Hawks88

Trying my first post on the new board. Looks good but will take getting used to. Had to reregister so I doubt my post count came over but I didn't have that many posts to worry about anyway. I know Huntingdon is an independent but since we play so many SCAC teams I feel more comfortable posting here than the ACFC board.
Looks like a couple of key people didn't make it back but the main playmakers of Colson, Godwin and Golson are all back and ready to go. Hopefully somebody will step up and give us some kind of running game. Article doesn't say much about the defense so don't know yet if there's anyone to help improve that lousy run defense from last year.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050818/SPORTS/508180365/1002

Go Hawks!!

DesertLynx

Coach R,

What is the good word?  Any news from practice?

DL
"It is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman

coachr

He doesn't want to talk, he asked me why I was asking so many questions about the team, when I told him that there were people on this board that may not have the ability to keep up with everything, he didn't want me posting stuff because he doesn't want other teams to know what's going on. But the bottom line is he thinks they will be good this year, he said the new QB is doing very well, and the defense is ahead of last year. He is quitely optimistic about this year, the only question mark is the O-Line.

etg

coachr,
"The kids in Red and Black are not going to give in to anybody"; get real?

gil,
"DePauw never quits" what; loosing to Trinity?

tu_lb53

coachr, don't remind me about that game, please

etg - I'd love to make the scrimmage (and some practices) but I don't get a lot of free time out here (Pensacola) and certainly not a free weekend. I'm hoping to make at least one game this year, but we'll see.

DesertLynx

Coach R,

That is understandable, I don't want to mess with their Karma. 

DL
"It is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman

historymajor

Pat, nice pic of Kelner!  If the Jake and Blake show hit their stride early this year he could put up some outrageous numbers! 

Let me know how the TU faithful participate in your "Kickoff",,, I predict big numbers!

oldrosie

.....RHIT FAN CHECKING IN .....
Nice Board Pat ,another job well done!!

I thought the season would never come and now its just around the corner.
Congrats to RHIT's Brett Bueltel being named a preseason first-team All-American in the 2005 Street & Smith's College Football Yearbook. I'm not sure
how this group found RHIT but hey he's the only SCAC player selected to the Street & Smith's preseason All-America team.
  The pre-season look at RHIT shows 15 returning starters (7 on O ) (8 on D).
Looks like the Qb situation has been decided and with 4 experienced players
returning to the O-Line and the entire starting backfield returning the O should
be able to make some noise this season. The O-Line will be the X-Factor in the
offense if their experience pays off the one half of good play from last season
should turn in to a solid 4 quarters this season and hopefully more wins.
   The Defense will be strong again with 8 starters returning. No doubt  Vieck,
Jackson and Harrison will be missed, but this group seems to be the deepest on the team with returning experience and should be able to fill the gaps. Hope is
with a new D-coordinator and less field time (Offense burning up some time compared to last season) should result in a full four quarters of solid play and to more wins.
  This being RHIT's last season in the SCAC it sure would be nice to see RHIT...
Trip up - Trinity
Decapitate - DePauw
Ravage - Rhodes
Swamp - Sewanee
Confound - Centre
Mash - Millsaps

Wishing all a competitive injury free season !!

gil68

etg,

A "DePauw never quits" banner hung in the locker room from before I arrived at Depauw, and I'm sure it hung there after I graduated.  DePauw doesn't give up in the off-season, in practice, or in games.

To quote Coach Nick, "Be persistent. 'DePauw never quits' is the motto of our athletic department. Despite the best conditioning, long hours and positive work ethic of DePauw athletes, our teams do lose contests. But the athletes persist. Success does come again. That's Tiger Pride."

That while Depauw does have set backs, what matters most is what the Tigers do after those setbacks.  They continue to prepare, and play hard, and they don't give up.  That I think is the real lesson, that while DePauw has had no success in beating Trinity, Trinity is always in for a game against DePauw.

I guess one thing DePauw never quits on is using correct spelling.  If you look at your previous post, you say "loosing" where it should say "losing". Just thought I would throw in that little stab for fun, as I can only assume you meant your post in good humor.
DePauw Never Quits!

abnrgr

Never shall I leave a fallen comrade