Around the Mid-Atlantic board

Started by Ryan Tipps, May 05, 2009, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: wesleydad on November 29, 2011, 07:32:53 PM
Well, to update the travel log.  Got the 2 home games in Dover which was great.  Unfortunatly there is no game near enough for driving this week.  I could go to Alliance, but next week could well be a rematch with Mount, so I will hold off.  I will be going anyway, as I also like UMHB and would be fine watching them try to beat Mount if they take out Wesley this week.

Wait, are you automatically making the assumption that Wabash won't beat Mount this weekend!?

;)
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

wesleydad

ryan, ooopppsss. not really.  I watched the replay of the NCC and Wabash game and could not believe how well the QB played, but I dont think that Wabash can beat Mount if they fall behind like they did this week.  To come back like that takes many things to go your way, oh thats right I got to watch a comeback similar to theirs in person, so I should know by now anything is possible.  If I am wrong then I will not have a game to go to unless Salisbury beats UWW and Fisher beats St Thomas, then I would get to see that rematch.  Would not be against all 4 dogs winning, that would be fun.  good luck with the upcoming birth and too bad I wont get to see you at the stagg, maybe next year.

Ryan Tipps

I'm with ya on the Wabash/Mount game. This is going to take a really special performance to win against the Purple Raiders -- basically 60 minutes mistake-free!

Still not sure about the Stagg Bowl this year. Wife is on bed rest now, and if she ends up having the baby early, I'll be game for Salem. Just got to play it by ear.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

wesleydad

Quote from: wesleydad on October 26, 2011, 10:03:34 PM
wesleydad travel log by request
week 1 St. vincent @ Bridgewater, great way to start off the year with my stone station friends
week 2 Wesley @ Kean, great facilities, bad loss for the wolverines
week 3 Leb Val @ Del Val, nice to see gordon, del val will be good, young, oops already are good
week 4 Cortland @ Rowan, saw keith and his daughter, cant believe that rowan has a shot at winning the njac
week 5 Pa Ren Faire with wife and friends, have to do the family thing occasionally
week 6 Frostburg @ Wesley, homecoming a lot of fun with some of jason's teammates
week 7 Connecticut for my son's wedding, the family thing again, great time
week 8 Johns Hopkins @ Gettysburg, left at half, game no contest and toured the battlefield with wife and friend, do the family thing and still get in a game, well half a game
week 9 Salisbury @ Wesley, makings of a great game, wesley post season on the line
week 10 St. John Fisher @ Salisbury, need to see fisher to see what the e8 talk is about
week 11 Kean @ Montclaire or Widener @ Del Val or Huntington @ Wesley, will decide which game means more, would like to go to Montclaire since i have never been there
week 12 hope for game in dover, will be somewhere
week 13 same as above
week 14 travel to closest game, will be somewhere
week 15 possible trip to mount if they are in semis and wesley is not or maybe for rematch
week 16 stagg bowl with stone station

think i have the weeks right after the season ends.  you watch your son play for 4 years and travel all over the place and you find something that you like.  had 2 choices when he was done playing, stop going to games or keep going to games.  not much for sitting around so the first choice was not an option.  nice to have an understanding wife who is sometimes glad that i am not sitting around the house bored and annoying her.  and yes conrad, a fan of the tailgate and microbrews, doing the both at the same time is priceless.

Well, only missed week 14 on the list, no game close enough to get to.  One week left, the trip to Salem for the Stagg bowl and tailgating with Stone Station and others.  I have to see my Mount friends and find WarhawkDad somewhere to share a beer.  Believe I read the Ryan will be at the game so it will be nice to see him again and congratulate him in person for the new baby.  It has been a fun year and I look forward to checking out the schedules in August to plan my trips for next year.  Some are locked in, others will be winging it.  In the end it is fun, anyone want to join me, all you got to do is say so. :)