FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

79jaybird

Congratulations Mark!  That is great news.  All children are God's blessings. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

USee

AndOne,

Congrats. Awesome news. You are lucky it wasn't a boy because then there was a non zero chance he may have ended up as guard on the IWU basketball team

AndOne

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 08, 2019, 09:08:35 AM
Congratulations Mark!  That is great news.  All children are God's blessings.

Thanks Mark. Agree 100%.  ;D

AndOne

Quote from: USee on October 08, 2019, 09:25:42 AM
AndOne,

Congrats. Awesome news. You are lucky it wasn't a boy because then there was a non zero chance he may have ended up as guard on the IWU basketball team

Thank you USee. Awesome indeed.
I think there was a zero chance at any rate as tests have revealed a family allergy to green. 😊

AndOne

Quote from: MUC57 on October 08, 2019, 05:50:44 AM

AndOne

Congrats from this Mount guy on becoming grandparents. I'm sure your granddaughter is as pretty as her name. I shall drink a toast to all of you. Enjoy! 🍷 🍼  ;D

Thanks a lot MUC57.
Yes, fortunately she looks like her grandmother rather than grandpa, so lovely indeed!
Appreciate the toast as well!

AndOne

Quote from: NCF on October 08, 2019, 07:06:18 AM
Congrats!! You'll have to get her a little North Central outfit soon. I expect Grandpa will be showing her how to play basketball some day as well. Enjoy! :) :)

Thank you my friend. As my DIL is a NCC graduate, I think a little Cardinal outfit is a given.
As far as basketball, I want her to be good—-so someone with much more skill than her grandpa will have to do the teaching/coaching.  :) ⛹️‍♀️

hazzben

Quote from: USee on October 07, 2019, 04:32:13 PM
We have never seen a 1 loss CCIW team get left behind. But we also haven't seen the perfect storm you suggest either.  An undefeated CCIW champ should merit consideration for a 1 seed. It's going to be interesting to see how the playoff picture develops.

Wheaton's Kryptonite, right now,would be injuries. They aren't as deep this year  as in past years and a few injuries to key starts would greatly diminish the ceiling of this team. The schedule  so far has been friendly so hoping for the best.

That's Bethel's Kryptonite as well. Especially on the Oline.

Quote from: AndOne on October 07, 2019, 10:17:51 PM
I'm overjoyed to report that my better half and I became grandparents just after 10:00 this morning when our DIL Nealy and son Mike welcomed a beautiful granddaughter. Scarlett Everly Anderson arrived weighing 7 lbs + 13 ozs., and measuring 19 1/2 inches.  8-)

Congrats!!!

USee

Hazzbeen,

I saw you post on the west region fan poll board. I don't see the Bethel/StJU winner as an inside track for a #1 seed per se. That may be the case but I believe its more nuanced than that. I don't think Bethel has a better shot than Wheaton at a 1 seed if they win Saturday. Maybe they do, but I am not sure why that would be.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: AndOne on October 08, 2019, 02:09:52 PM
AndOne,

I think there was a zero chance at any rate as tests have revealed a family allergy to green. 😊

I foresee that thru advances in allergy medicine, Scarlett will be the AA PG for the national champion Titans in 2040! ;D

matblake

Congrats AndOne! May all her dreams come true!

AndOne

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 08, 2019, 11:12:50 PM
AndOne,

I foresee that thru advances in allergy medicine, Scarlett will be the AA PG for the national champion Titans in 2040! ;D

AA as a sophomore. Not bad!  ;D

AndOne

Quote from: matblake on October 08, 2019, 11:18:29 PM
Congrats AndOne! May all her dreams come true!

Beautiful sentiment Mat. Thank you.
No parent or grandparent could ever ask for more for their child or grand.

hazzben

Quote from: USee on October 08, 2019, 05:24:51 PM
Hazzbeen,

I saw you post on the west region fan poll board. I don't see the Bethel/StJU winner as an inside track for a #1 seed per se. That may be the case but I believe its more nuanced than that. I don't think Bethel has a better shot than Wheaton at a 1 seed if they win Saturday. Maybe they do, but I am not sure why that would be.

It's no slam dunk that's for sure. And Wheaton will have a really good resume. If Wheaton wins out and the winner of SJU/BU wins out, one advantage for the MIAC squad will be last years playoff result. If the other criteria are a push, that would give them the nudge. Bethel also has an outside shot of Simpson being ranked in region.

All that to say, it's really a bit early as all three have a lot of football left to play.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on October 09, 2019, 12:23:13 AM
AndOne,

And the good news is that there's a decent chance that you'll be dead by then, so you won't have to live with the shame of one of your progeny attending Illinois Wesleyan.  ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

NCF

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 09, 2019, 10:47:30 AM
Quote from: AndOne on October 09, 2019, 12:23:13 AM
AndOne,

And the good news is that there's a decent chance that you'll be dead by then, so you won't have to live with the shame of one of your progeny attending Illinois Wesleyan.  ;)

Hahahaha!! Classic Sager. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion