FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: desertraider on November 18, 2016, 09:49:50 PM
Quote from: Bartman on November 18, 2016, 05:23:33 PM
UMU at the BOZ practicing at 3 pm today.....Must be strange for their coaching staff.....hope the weather cooperates tomorrow.

The location may be different...but practicing a week after the regular season isn't. :o Not being an arse here but Mount actually has the "Stagg Bowl" referenced on the academic calendar - not by name, but as a potential alternate schedule. ;D

MANY schools have post-season games listed early on their calendars (though UMU may be one of the few that includes the Stagg Bowl itself on the list).  Considering how many times they've been there, I'd call that wise planning rather than presumption!

wesleydad

Good luck today Hobart.  Play well and get the victory.  Will be watching the scoreboard while I am in Dover to watch Wesley take on Stevenson.  Hope the weather cooperates.

Bartman

Quote from: desertraider on November 18, 2016, 09:49:50 PM
Quote from: Bartman on November 18, 2016, 05:23:33 PM
UMU at the BOZ practicing at 3 pm today.....Must be strange for their coaching staff.....hope the weather cooperates tomorrow.

The location may be different...but practicing a week after the regular season isn't. :o Not being an arse here but Mount actually has the "Stagg Bowl" referenced on the academic calendar - not by name, but as a potential alternate schedule. ;D
Understood, I am sure with the rich history of the Stagg Bowl at UMU it is probably offered as a course by the History dept. for academic credit 😀
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Quote from: wesleydad on November 19, 2016, 07:39:34 AM
Good luck today Hobart.  Play well and get the victory.  Will be watching the scoreboard while I am in Dover to watch Wesley take on Stevenson.  Hope the weather cooperates.
Best of luck to Wesley today as well ....beautiful morning in Geneva ...optimism in the air
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

dlippiel

Best of luck to the Pumpkinheads today! Dlip is hoping for the best today. Dlip has always felt Bart is a great representative of the LL and represents the leagues high academic ideals, class, and everything that a true student athlete should be. Let's hope today is a competitive injury free game for both sides!

Let's ****ing go Hobart

Bartman

Quote from: dlip on November 19, 2016, 08:41:09 AM
Best of luck to the Pumpkinheads today! Dlip is hoping for the best today. Dlip has always felt Bart is a great representative of the LL and represents the leagues high academic ideals, class, and everything that a true student athlete should be. Let's hope today is a competitive injury free game for both sides!

Let's ****ing go Hobart
+k buddy,
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

boobyhasgameyo

Quote from: dlip on November 19, 2016, 08:41:09 AM

Let's ****ing go Hobart

I'm getting pretty excited as well.  I also worry that Alfred isn't going to show up today and be on upset alert...but that's just me being a worrier I'm sure. 

Go Statesmen go!  I'll be watching intently :)

Craft_Beermeister

Statesman played great today and gave their all.  Congratulations on a great season.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ITH radio on November 18, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
At least Mt Union players had some class and didn't take to social media ...

Hmm.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ITH radio

Disappointing. I did like what Shed sent out however.

Last ITH of the season coming up later. We'LL recap the game(S) from yesterday, predict the NC winner and discuss the future of the league (which btw seems on par with the E8 after this season at least).
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Well , I was at the game and was not influenced by the radio or video. I saw some really normal D3 football fans that drove 5 hours that frankly looked a little nervous when Hobart made it 21-21 late in the 3rd quarter . Damn if it didn't feel like a Union vs. Hobart game of old with great D3 football being played , but nothing like that elite team  beat downs we have experienced and may have expected(we saw it at at Mount in 2008 and  St. Thomas in 2012). How could Hobart be here ,tied and looking good against Mount Union? They said this was a young Mount team but it seems the only Freshman is the QB and he looks more composed than the Mounts Seniors and Juniors .  Our lines are not overwhelmed like we were against St. Thomas in 2012, our receivers are getting open on the short stuff although the Raiders dbs are the best we have seen this season , and heck we are getting more rush yards on the ground than we got against half the Liberty League this season with an OLine that was built to pass protect , not run.. We are high fiving in the stands and quite frankly can't believe it...Hobart Nation and the team are feeling it. ........Oh , but wait a minute.....the weather is turning..... the wind is really picking up and we better get the ball back before the fourth quarter  because the ugly Lake winds will be upon us and our great passing game will be in a wind tunnel...the wrong way. Mount gets the ball again and that young QB doesn't seem to be flustered and our defense seems to be stuck in cement while that damn #1 keeps making moves that ,frankly the god-like "all decade team" Kmic from 2008 couldn't make. The Mount scores as #1 bounces out easily and we are behind 28-21. Now the wind is really kicking up going North to South....we could be doomed by nature and a field direction decision following the coin toss...our magical comebacks will be severely challenged as the Mount DC knows now to cut off all those short passes into the wind(the ones we completed earlier as they protected the top very well) and force Sweeney to pass to the outside...heck they have an extra defender... Maria....the wind......Now Mount kicks-off  ...oh oh the kick gets held up and our  boys do not anticipate the ball stalling midair....it looks like an intentional mid level on-side kick...but I don't think so, the wind is that strong....The Mount recovers....but our D holds them this time, they are playing tough.....c'mon coaches we got 40 seconds left in the 3rd Q to get down the field WITH THE WIND and score again .. fling it to the mercurial Shed...give it a shot...but no.....Hobart calls 2 run plays to Letivia for nice yardage but we shoulda taken a shot......The Fourth Q now and the boys put up 4 fingers.....we open the 4th with 2 incomplete passes into the wind(Now they give up on the run?), a good punt by Rio... the Mount moves the ball chews up time,  but the D holds 'em to a FG(31-21)....we get the ball and  go 3 and out .....but, no  Rio Schmidt steals a first down on a fake Punt(he looks like the RB he is fighting for the 1st down)..... THEN Sweeney gets pressure and throws a the ball into that damn wind and it flutters into the Raider hands ....The defense valiantly stops them again 3 and out, but why no time outs by our coaching staff as we lose valuable time?....we get the ball back and another INT, tipped into the hand of the NT??  ....Then , the Mount does what a champion does they seal it with  one more TD to make it 38-21 with that damn #1 skipping around for the score........but in my mind the real score  was The Mount 28, Hobart 21...the Wind 10....if we had the wind behind us in the fourth....who knows......yea I know it was a long shot ...but it was there ...we had our opportunities...The Mount was human today.... Hobart showed well and we had a very competitive game for 3 Quarters against the incumbent Champs until that damn wind took away the chance for one more cardiac kids comeback.
    Thanks to both teams for a great game , and thanks to the Hobart team and coaches for a great season.....
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on November 20, 2016, 05:43:23 PM
   Well , I was at the game and was not influenced by the radio or video. I saw some really normal D3 football fans that drove 5 hours that frankly looked a little nervous when Hobart made it 21-21 late in the 3rd quarter . Damn if it didn't feel like a Union vs. Hobart game of old with great D3 football being played , but nothing like that elite team  beat downs we have experienced and may have expected(we saw it at at Mount in 2008 and  St. Thomas in 2012). How could Hobart be here ,tied and looking good against Mount Union? They said this was a young Mount team but it seems the only Freshman is the QB and he looks more composed than the Mounts Seniors and Juniors .  Our lines are not overwhelmed like we were against St. Thomas in 2012, our receivers are getting open on the short stuff although the Raiders dbs are the best we have seen this season , and heck we are getting more rush yards on the ground than we got against half the Liberty League this season with an OLine that was built to pass protect , not run.. We are high fiving in the stands and quite frankly can't believe it...Hobart Nation and the team are feeling it. ........Oh , but wait a minute.....the weather is turning..... the wind is really picking up and we better get the ball back before the fourth quarter  because the ugly Lake winds will be upon us and our great passing game will be in a wind tunnel...the wrong way. Mount gets the ball again and that young QB doesn't seem to be flustered and our defense seems to be stuck in cement while that damn #1 keeps making moves that ,frankly the god-like "all decade team" Kmic from 2008 couldn't make. The Mount scores as #1 bounces out easily and we are behind 28-21. Now the wind is really kicking up going North to South....we could be doomed by nature and a field direction decision following the coin toss...our magical comebacks will be severely challenged as the Mount DC knows now to cut off all those short passes into the wind(the ones we completed earlier as they protected the top very well) and force Sweeney to pass to the outside...heck they have an extra defender... Myria....the wind......Now Mount kicks-off  ...oh oh the kick gets held up and our  boys do not anticipate the ball stalling midair....it looks like an intentional mid level on-side kick...but I don't think so, the wind is that strong....The Mount recovers....but our D holds them this time, they are playing tough.....c'mon coaches we got 40 seconds left in the 3rd Q to get down the field WITH THE WIND and score again .. fling it to the mercurial Shed...give it a shot...but no.....Hobart calls 2 run plays to Letivia for nice yardage but we shoulda taken a shot......The Fourth Q now and the boys put up 4 fingers.....we open the 4th with 2 incomplete passes into the wind(Now they give up on the run?), a good punt by Rio... the Mount moves the ball chews up time,  but the D holds 'em to a FG(31-21)....we get the ball and  go 3 and out .....but, no  Rio Schmidt steals a first down on a fake Punt(he looks like the RB he is fighting for the 1st down)..... THEN Sweeney gets pressure and throws a the ball into that damn wind and it flutters into the Raider hands ....The defense valiantly stops them again 3 and out, but why no time outs by our coaching staff as we lose valuable time?....we get the ball back and another INT, tipped into the hand of the NT??  ....Then , the Mount does what a champion does they seal it with  one more TD to make it 38-21 with that damn #1 skipping around for the score........but in my mind the real score  was The Mount 28, Hobart 21...the Wind 10....if we had the wind behind us in the fourth....who knows......yea I know it was a long shot ...but it was there ...we had our opportunities...The Mount was human today.... Hobart showed well and we had a very competitive game for 3 Quarters against the incumbent Champs until that damn wind took away the chance for one more cardiac kids comeback.
    Thanks to both teams for a great game , and thanks to the Hobart team and coaches for a great season.....

Very nice Bartman.  I felt like I was reading Walt Whitman there for a second.

Bartman

Jonny,
     Just therapy for an ex Statesman that probably played like Walt Whitman😳
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Our season finale is up. We recap the Mt Union game, all the other Rd 1 games and project next round, final four and the Stagg Bowl champs. Thx to all the listeners for their support this season.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ith/2016/11/21/in-the-huddlle--liberty-league-football-talk-show
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ITH radio on November 21, 2016, 11:13:48 AM
Our season finale is up. We recap the Mt Union game, all the other Rd 1 games and project next round, final four and the Stagg Bowl champs. Thx to all the listeners for their support this season.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ith/2016/11/21/in-the-huddlle--liberty-league-football-talk-show

Awesome job ITH Radio. Enjoyed listening in this year. +K