FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjujohnnie

Quote from: miac952 on October 11, 2018, 11:24:19 PM
Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 11, 2018, 11:15:25 PM
Strength of Schedule rankings have been released. 4 of St John's 5 wins have come against teams rated higher on the list. (#6 Gustavus, #10 Augsburg, #16 Bethel, & #25 UW-Stout). St John's made the list at #29 & after scrolling down for quite aways, St Thomas finally appeared at #170.

Auggie #10, Gustavus #6 you say? I would like to audit whatever the source info is?

http://d3football.com/seasons/2018/schedule?tmpl=sos-template

jamtod

Quote from: SJUrube on October 11, 2018, 11:23:10 PM

I've heard the MIAC is planning on posting this image in the visitor's locker room and on their sideline on Saturday. Sort of strange.

It all makes sense now. Your assistant read "Coaching Box" and thought it meant that it was a designated area for the coaches to box the players.

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: sju56321 on October 11, 2018, 10:58:08 PM
Maybe basketball-did you forget SJU won the MIAC or do you have a selective memory?
once in the past 20 years and then  promptly got hammered AT HOME by Bethany Lutheram.  I wouldn't brag too much on that Zip  :)   

(PS-- the SJ2 golf dynasty is over too...UST repeated as MIAC champs last weekend)
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

sju56321

I was just answering the question about why the 1 wouldn't be false advertising. When was the last time ust brought home the walnut and bronze in football ... I hang up and wait for the answer.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on October 12, 2018, 07:17:00 AM
I was just answering the question about why the 1 wouldn't be false advertising. When was the last time ust brought home the walnut and bronze in football ... I hang up and wait for the answer.

Never. St Thomas has never won the walnut and bronze.

In 2018, which is the current year, I'm pretty happy to be a St Thomas fan, to have won 4 straight against you, 7 out of 9, taken over the attendance record (you can put whatever * you'd like on it, it's St Thomas in the record books and that seems to bug a lot of Johnnies), to have the overall strongest athletic department in the MIAC with numerous teams competing (and winning) on a national level every year. The likelihood of a future walnut and bronze is higher for UST than it is for SJU and I don't have to rely on the glory of days past to sustain my fandom, however great that was. Can't wait till the teams can settle this on the field tomorrow. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the banter and would be happy to enjoy a beer or two with any of you folks in red tomorrow. Just don't expect to see any red solo cups at my tailgate. I guess I'll have to run out and get some blue ones this afternoon  :P

MUC57

😂
jamtoTommie

You, sir, are in a class by yourself. Really enjoy your posts. I think you're great. Now, based on my comment, watch the follow up comments. Who cares! Go Johnmmies! (⬅️ Note the spelling)! ☠🏈

Also, an extra +k for ya!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

sjusection105

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 12, 2018, 07:25:16 AM
  Just don't expect to see any red solo cups at my tailgate. I guess I'll have to run out and get some blue ones this afternoon  :P
I recall seeing the purple variety in the Hefty brand plastic disposable cups at either Cub or Walmart. Why buy blue unless you are a closet Bethel fan  ;)
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

sju56321

Jam: fair enough-but I think SJU has many of the attributes as ust, even though it might pain you to admit that. I agree that football has been lacking-but that's why they play the game, to see what happens. Who knows, we could all be surprised tomorrow.
It is fun to tailgate and have a few beers with fans from the opposing team who respect each other and enjoy a good football game.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on October 12, 2018, 08:17:17 AM
Jam: fair enough-but I think SJU has many of the attributes as ust, even though it might pain you to admit that. I agree that football has been lacking-but that's why they play the game, to see what happens. Who knows, we could all be surprised tomorrow.
It is fun to tailgate and have a few beers with fans from the opposing team who respect each other and enjoy a good football game.

Absolutely. Y'all are the clear #2 in the MIAC. Thus the SJ2 moniker  ;)

jamtod

Quote from: sjusection105 on October 12, 2018, 08:16:45 AM
  Just don't expect to see any red solo cups at my tailgate. I guess I'll have to run out and get some blue ones this afternoon  :P
I recall seeing the purple variety in the Hefty brand plastic disposable cups at either Cub or Walmart. Why buy blue unless you are a closet Bethel fan  ;)

I don't see the purple around as much and only occasionally get to Cub (and rarely Walmart). I don't anticipate making an extra trip to Cub today and I think I'm going to get my with a couple of metal mugs. If my buddy brings a 30-pack of Hamm's like I told him, maybe a small paper bag would be a more appropriate way to be discrete.

sowilson

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 12, 2018, 08:27:41 AM

I don't see the purple around as much and only occasionally get to Cub (and rarely Walmart). I don't anticipate making an extra trip to Cub today and I think I'm going to get my with a couple of metal mugs. If my buddy brings a 30-pack of Hamm's like I told him, maybe a small paper bag would be a more appropriate way to be discrete.

You can fit a 12 pack in the pockets of an Army trench coat.

sjusection105

Interesting stuff from Hansen Ratings
https://www.hansenratings.com/composite-rankings  <--------- This week's composite rankings
https://www.hansenratings.com/game-predictions      <--------- This week's predictions/spreads

The old saying "Figures lie and liars figure" meaning you can make the numbers says what you want them to. Hansen does a bang up job with his computer modeling and I respect what he has done & continues to do the the D3 community at large. Slice it any way you want but I think this will be a close game,as many in this series have been.

Mr.MIAC

You don't regularly shop at Walmart? You must be some sort of elitist. Most Johnnies see their Walmart credit card as a status symbol.

jamtod

Quote from: sowilson on October 12, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

You can fit a 12 pack in the pockets of an Army trench coat.

I'm more of a flask guy. Probably going to leave the flask at home for this trip.

2 years ago, I had to help my buddy's wife (a Stearns county native who went to UW-Stout) polish off her glass of rye whiskey on the walk over to the game. Then after finding our seats, I saw my old spiritual director from seminary and stumbled my way over to talk to him. I don't think I slurred my speech too bad, and I did get some key information on the status of a former RB who was in the seminary, so I guess it all worked out fine.

sjusection105

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on October 12, 2018, 09:12:00 AM
You don't regularly shop at Walmart? You must be some sort of elitist.
I don't expect you to understand this but, if you can buy the same product at Cub,Target,Costco,Walmart or Mills Fleet Farm and one outlet is cheaper and not out of your way why not buy it there?
My sister will go 20 miles out of her way to not shop at Walmart over some moral high ground she has brainwashed herself with.

Consumer choice is part of the American way. Enjoy the Solo cups you purchased at Whole Foods  ;)