East Region Playoff Discussion

Started by pg04, November 10, 2006, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRMIKESMITH

I going with Hopkins, 24 - 20. However, I wouldn't be surprise if RPI actually won the game. I think we are miscalculating how good RPI might be because of the late season loss. I think RPI defense is better than what the pundits think, they have not really blown teams out, but with the exception of the game against Union, have played really good football. This RPI team may be better than the team that played Wesley last year. Hopkins surprised me with their running last week, but that is out the window and with with RPI having played a good Brockport team, they are well tested and will be still hungry to prove doubters wrong.

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Ice Bear

dlip has no ****ing idea what to expect. He wouldn't be surprised either way if that makes sense...he would love to see RPI win though, love to!
A long time fan of DIII Football!

UfanBill

I'm going with Hopkins 41-14. The mistakes Brockport made that allowed RPI to get ahead last week will not come the Engineers way this time. The Blue Jays will score and RPI won't be able to keep up.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

rams1102

It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Bartman

RPI will have its hands full today....if they can withstand the early JH attack, I think the 24-21 score is good, but they need 3 turnovers or more. If JH protects the ball they will move on and win 35-17.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

wesleydad

Game playing out as I thought it would.  Hopkins is good and RPI did not have enough offense to keep with them.  Watching the Mount/Mules game, I dont see why Hopkins cant compete with Mount.  Their game is virtually even, 2 mules turnovers leading to the 14 point difference.

Bartman

I don't think the Hopkins defense is as good as the Mules, as I think Mount Union will run over the Hopkins Dline. Although the Hopkins offensive certainly may fair better than the Mules offense , I don't think it will be enough to keep it close. At the end of the day, it will depend on the weather slowing up Mount Union which was a factor in Alliance. I hope the JayHawks can make a game of it , but I would not be optimistic that they will do any better than Muhlenberg today.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

UfanBill

Quote from: UfanBill on December 01, 2018, 05:18:24 AM
I'm going with Hopkins 41-14. The mistakes Brockport made that allowed RPI to get ahead last week will not come the Engineers way this time. The Blue Jays will score and RPI won't be able to keep up.

Impressive win by Hopkins. That's a nice, well balance , well coached football team. The only mistakes they made today were missing a couple of kicks that cost me nailing the final on the head.  ::)
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳