FB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Adam Sayer, December 24, 2006, 10:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizFan

Anyone go to the Franklin-DePauw scrimmage?  If so, how did the GRIZ look?

GrizFan

Quote from: GrizFan on August 27, 2018, 10:04:09 AM

According to Old Gold Tiger - "Tigers 27-6 over Franklin in today's scrimmage."

As previously stated, I am predicting a long season for the GRIZ!

wally_wabash

Quote from: GrizFan on August 27, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

According to Old Gold Tiger - "Tigers 27-6 over Franklin in today's scrimmage."

As previously stated, I am predicting a long season for the GRIZ!

Meh.  Presented without any context of who played, for how long they played, what the ground rules were, etc.  I would read literally nothing into that score without any further commentary on what happened and when during the scrimmage. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

formerscot4

i did go since it was in town. When it was 1's against 1's it would have been a tight game. Franklin hit some passes, and had a TD dropped, but struggled a bit getting the ground game goin til later in the scrimmage. DePauw's 2's were definitely better. Really hard to tell, played pretty vanilla.
my bologna has a first name...its O S C A R

FCGrizzliesGrad

Wasn't a good start for the HCAC, but we've got a couple winnable games this evening.
Franklin can still move the ball. Up 7-0 less than 3 minutes into the game.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

FCGrizzliesGrad

Jacob Earl shed 2 or 3 tacklers for a fantastic 80 yard touchdown run. Hope this is a sign that Franklin can add a good rushing attack to the offense. Unfortunately Benedictine answers on the kickoff and it's 14-7 end of the 1st.

It's a good thing this was a 6pm kick rather than the usual 1:30. Don't know if it hit down on campus but for me there was a big rainstorm that would have hit around halftime. It's nice and sunny now though.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

Halftime at Faught and Grizzlies lead 35-14. Franklin continuing to move the ball well leaning on those with the experience with 404 yards of offense. Earl over 100 yards rushing (thanks to that 80 yard beast of a run) and Bonomini over 100 receiving. Smith is 20 of 24 passing for 249 yards. Meanwhile Benedictine has more than 100 yards of penalties. The Eagles really should be closer but they keep giving up big yards with flags.

Elsewhere MSJ seems like they're having a tiny bit of trouble with Capital. They're up 25-14 in the 2nd but were down 14-12 after the 1st. They've failed two 2pt conversions and an extra point so far.

Rose is learning what Franklin has experienced in the past. Purple powers are on a whole different level. 0-14 still in the 1st and they have 12 yards on 13 plays.

Hanover trying to spring a surprise across the river as they lead Centre 6-0 after the 1st.

Another potential shocker... Anderson with a 7-6 lead at North Park early in the 2nd.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Pat Coleman

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on September 01, 2018, 07:38:34 PM

Another potential shocker... Anderson with a 7-6 lead at North Park early in the 2nd.

Anderson ranked 228, North Park ranked 204 ... probably not a shocker no matter how this ends up.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

It's North Park 13, Anderson 7 here at the half at NPU. We're in a lightning delay, so this is going to be one of the longer halftimes we've ever sat through here at NPU.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 01, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on September 01, 2018, 07:38:34 PM

Anderson ranked 228, North Park ranked 204 ... probably not a shocker no matter how this ends up.
Well Anderson only has 2 wins in the last 7 years against teams not named Earlham and haven't won a non-conference game since 2008 so it's at the very least unexpected.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Gregory Sager

This Anderson team is significantly better than the Ravens teams that I saw in '16 and '17. The Ravens aren't beat-Franklin better, but they do look like a team that will beat teams that don't have EARLHAM printed on their jerseys.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

FCGrizzliesGrad

Franklin gets the win 55-38. Game wasn't nearly as close as the score suggests, Grizzlies led 55-17 in the 3rd and Benedictine with a few scores against the backups. Offense was still the same Grizzlies offense, 1st string defense was pretty good giving up just 1 touchdown. Special teams needs work. Gave up a 90 yard kickoff return, confusion on the lone punt of the night, and then had the ball bounce off a defender while receiving a punt late.

MSJ looks like they got their act together after a tight 1st quarter. That will be the conference's 2nd win of the day.

Rose still struggling against The Machine. 0-44 and still under 100 yards of offense. They were only down 24 at halftime though and I'm sure there will be a number of teams that would be happy with that this year.

Hanover up 18-14 in the 4th against Centre. The Colonels are struggling offensively it seems.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Adam Sayer

What's up everyone. Hope things are well with all of you. Best of luck to everyone these first couple weeks representing the conference. MSJ seems to have things under control at this point.
I'm a man, but sometimes I want to smell like a different smelling man!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 01, 2018, 09:03:19 PM
This Anderson team is significantly better than the Ravens teams that I saw in '16 and '17. The Ravens aren't beat-Franklin better, but they do look like a team that will beat teams that don't have EARLHAM printed on their jerseys.

They're coming for you, Defiance!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

LOL! I was thinking Manchester, but ... dream big, I guess.