FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Boggs

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

merlecanlas

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 05, 2018, 09:51:44 AM
All I will say is that any fans/former players of a program that has had "issues" in its recent past should probably not be critical of anyone's program and how it may or may not handle its own business. I will just leave it at that.

what programs have "issues"?  let's hear it or at least to a country song that can explain

Kelly Boggs

I'm going to mind my own business, merl, but I'll give you a good ol' George Strait tune tomorrow morning.  ;D

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

umhb2001

My post over on the OAC board in regards to the backlash over the runner-up rings:

Listen guys, I get it, being the runner-up is not what you shoot for. Until the national championship win, UMHB didn't print shirts or anything. They did get conference champion rings for a long time. But seriously, if one team wants to celebrate their accomplishment, which approximately 249 schools would love to do, what does it matter to you guys? I understand from other posters that UMU doesn't do ANYTHING unless they win the national championship: no ring, no shirt, no banquet...nothing. That is fine. We choose to do things differently. We completely understand that UMU is on the top of the heap when it comes to D3 teams. More national championships than anyone else. But look, Y'all started way back in  1893 and won your first natty in 1993. It took 100 years for you to get to a championship and win one. Even if you go to 1924 when Mount won the first basketball title in the OAC, that's still 69 years of being in the OAC before you made the national championship and won it. UMHB was an all girls school, started football in 1998, made their first Stagg in 2004, 6 years, and won their first in 2016, 18 years. That is a LOT sooner than Mount.

All of this to say, there were three players who contributed to UMHB's season that did not play in the Stagg for breaking team rules, but UMU allowed their starting QB to continue to play when he was facing serious charges and an outstanding warrant. A few years back, UMHB didn't start an all-American DT for breaking team rules in the semi-final game against UWW. The biggest difference, as I can see it, is priorities. It seems to me, an outsider who holds the UMU football program in high regard and great esteem, that there looks to be a priority issue. UMHB will not start a kid for breaking team rules, while Mount has other agendas.

To me, the ring discussion is a non issue.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Kelly Boggs

Boom-shocka-locka! Circle the wagons, boys, it's gonna get rough!  8-)

Dilly, dilly!

jknezek

Kelly Boggs

As promised, just for you merle: George Strait singing, "All My Exes Live in Texas." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE 

Ron Boerger

albatross

As someone who recently graduated and played at Hendrix. I think any kind of ring to celebrate a championship/tournament season is warranted. Sometimes the perks are few in DIII, and I think it's awesome to celebrate meaningful accomplishments. Let them have their swag!

ITH radio

Hear what Luke has to say at the 57 min mark of our off-season "halftime show" special:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/1645813918851080/

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

MUC57

WOW,

I was already concerned about the possibility of Mount playing UMHB again, but now. Good grief! UMHB is getting a really stand-out QB. We here at Mount were saying UMHB already has a great defense. If they can only pick up a good QB. Looks like they did. UMU and UMHB in the Stagg Bowl this year? I wouldn't bet against it. Good luck to the Cru. Well, a little bit of luck anyway. ☠🏈🇷🇴
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

jamtod

Quote from: ITH radio on April 06, 2018, 12:43:12 PM
Hear what Luke has to say at the 57 min mark of our off-season "halftime show" special:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/1645813918851080/
Still no regular audio version? Would love to listen on my drive to/from work but not going to do that with Facebook video.

MUC57

I almost forgot-

Good luck to Luke on his transfer. He leaves one stand-out program to go to another stand-out program. It has been generally acknowledged that he is a real gentleman and just a "nice guy". Hope he does well. I would like to see him get to start and win all of his games  - except the last one. Good luck Luke. The eyes of Texas will be upon you as well as the eyes of more than a few Raiders and their fans. Do well in school and stay safe! ☠🏈🇷🇴
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DFWCrufan

It's still way to early to talk with any sort of confidence about the 2018 season, but I can say this, If Mr. Poorman comes to the Cru I know I will breath a bit easier concerning our QB position. Let's face it the young man has had years of outstanding training and education, and what two years at UMU? which is outstanding on top of that, I think he will be a fine fit.
So welcome to UMHB Luke! We look forward to your taking the knee and being dubbed a Crusader! I believe you will feel right at home in Belton...
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/04/poorman-announces-his-transfer
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

merlecanlas

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 06, 2018, 11:17:00 AM
As promised, just for you merle: George Strait singing, "All My Exes Live in Texas." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE 

is there a country song about sloppy seconds?  maybe Mount can send more backups to Texas and you can write a song