FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txtiger1

Tuned out during the playoff talk/conspiracy theories but just wanted to say congrats UMHB on an amazing season. What a run y'all have had the last few years. Its fun to get to play the top of D3 every year in-conference.

Etchglow

Figured I should get around to registering to thank y'all for all the entertainment, laughs, and information I've gotten from here the last few years.  Generally go to all of the close games.  I'm a UMHB alum (twice) and the wife is an ETBU alum lol.

bleedpurple

Quote from: Etchglow on December 28, 2018, 07:34:44 PM
Figured I should get around to registering to thank y'all for all the entertainment, laughs, and information I've gotten from here the last few years.  Generally go to all of the close games.  I'm a UMHB alum (twice) and the wife is an ETBU alum lol.

So you catch a game or so each year?   ;)

umhbalum

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: bleedpurple on December 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

I'd assume he means the geographically close games, but nice play on an almost irresistible straight-line! 8-)  (And it's d3 - how ya gonna know, even for UMHB, which games will be close until they actually play?)

Etchglow

Nah, I got two this year! Hehe, walked into that one. Mr. Ypsi is correct though. I meant geographically speaking.

DFWCrufan

Either way Etc welcome to the boards...it's going to get quiet for awhile but drop in from time to time as we weed out news quips and info drops during the off season.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

bleedpurple

Quote from: Etchglow on December 29, 2018, 09:09:32 AM

Nah, I got two this year! Hehe, walked into that one. Mr. Ypsi is correct though. I meant geographically speaking.

Got it! Welcome. And an early Happy New Year to the ASCers!

Kelly Boggs

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Toby Taff

2 questions: What years? What area are you in?
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Etchglow

Quote from: Toby Taff on January 03, 2019, 11:24:10 AM

04-08 Computer Science
12-14 Information Systems

Live down in Taylor nowadays.  We have season tickets so we are usually at the home games, daughter was born in March so missed a couple this year though. 

Are there any restrictions on posting photos and such here?

Toby Taff

Quote from: Etchglow on January 03, 2019, 04:24:32 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on January 03, 2019, 11:24:10 AM

04-08 Computer Science
12-14 Information Systems

Live down in Taylor nowadays.  We have season tickets so we are usually at the home games, daughter was born in March so missed a couple this year though. 

Are there any restrictions on posting photos and such here?
I've never taken the time to figure out how to post photos, but I think they have to be hosted on another server and linked to.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Etchglow

Finally uploaded photos from a few games where i brought my camera.

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmq7b1V1

Just a little open by William Brown, on Flickr

Almost made the catch... by William Brown, on Flickr

Toby Taff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAyMme-CK5g

this is a documentary about Redlands Football players. It's a very good look at D3 life (and it has some UMHB mentions in it).

DFWCrufan

So here comes that wonderful time of year when we see New Cru making their choice to attend and try to make the roster for UMHB and of course other fine ASC schools. We'll scan the net to try to give names and such on these young men.

First in the chute for UMHB - Chris Ingram - Positions: MLB, OLB - Killeen HS. http://www.hudl.com/profile/7508127/Chris-Ingram

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018