FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Boggs

Ah, merle, why am I not surprised. Seems I recall that Mount had a pretty good receiver transfer in a few years back. Does the name Pierre Garcon ring a bell? Was he sloppy seconds from Norwich?
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

merlecanlas

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 06, 2018, 03:29:39 PM
Ah, merle, why am I not surprised. Seems I recall that Mount had a pretty good receiver transfer in a few years back. Does the name Pierre Garcon ring a bell. Was he sloppy seconds from Norwich?

I must have forgot about Pierre playing against Mount.  Did Pierre lose his position at Norwich prior to his transfer?  Not a lot of similarities at all really.   

What happened to Carl Robinson III?  Not at UMHB anymore?

ITH radio

Quote from: jamtoTommie on April 06, 2018, 02:42:59 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on April 06, 2018, 12:43:12 PM
Hear what Luke has to say at the 57 min mark of our off-season "halftime show" special:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/1645813918851080/
Still no regular audio version? Would love to listen on my drive to/from work but not going to do that with Facebook video.

We will work on getting it on SoundCloud - stay tuned
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Evergreen14

That is very cool news! Best wishes to Luke! UMHB has a great quarterback to go with that amazing defense.

HSUCowboy2015

Can anyone comment on what happened to Carl Robinson III? I know Poorman is a huge addition to UMHB, but Robinson wasn't a slouch either. Dude has the potential to terrorize defenses for 3 years, it's hard to imagine them only using him for now one year.
Stay Purple

Kelly Boggs

I've heard that CR3 is no longer enrolled at UMHB.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

merlecanlas

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 06, 2018, 04:33:19 PM
I've heard that CR3 is no longer enrolled at UMHB.

did he no longer adhere to the high moral standards of UHMB?

Kelly Boggs

I honestly don't know, merle. There are many reasons a young person may choose to leave school or transfer.

It is my understanding that Carl was a last-minute transfer last fall - from a junior college. That, and the fact he rose through the ranks to eventually start at QB is all I really know about him.

umhb2001

Quote from: merlecanlas on April 06, 2018, 03:15:23 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 06, 2018, 11:17:00 AM
As promised, just for you merle: George Strait singing, "All My Exes Live in Texas." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE 

is there a country song about sloppy seconds?  maybe Mount can send more backups to Texas and you can write a song

Every time you post, it solidifies the reason as to why Luke left. To call him that is a slap in the face, and you should be ashamed of yourself. And go ahead and hide behind the whole "high moral standard" comment and ignore the fact that UMU did fail to have a high standard. But please, keep talking, cause it solidifies his move.

By the way, Luke's interview shows his enthusiasm for the campus of UMHB. I wouldn't be surprised if some others follow his lead.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

merlecanlas

Quote from: umhb2001 on April 06, 2018, 06:25:25 PM
As promised, just for you merle: George Strait singing, "All My Exes Live in Texas." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE 

is there a country song about sloppy seconds?  maybe Mount can send more backups to Texas and you can write a song

Every time you post, it solidifies the reason as to why Luke left. To call him that is a slap in the face, and you should be ashamed of yourself. And go ahead and hide behind the whole "high moral standard" comment and ignore the fact that UMU did fail to have a high standard. But please, keep talking, cause it solidifies his move.

By the way, Luke's interview shows his enthusiasm for the campus of UMHB. I wouldn't be surprised if some others follow his lead.

you're right.  I'm the reason Luke Poorman transferred.  It has nothing to do with him losing the starting job in '16 and then being unable to regain it in '17 and very little hope of him ever starting again at Mount.   He transferred due to me.

umhb2001

Quote from: merlecanlas on April 06, 2018, 06:29:02 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on April 06, 2018, 06:25:25 PM

you're right.  I'm the reason Luke Poorman transferred.  It has nothing to do with him losing the starting job in '16 and then being unable to regain it in '17 and very little hope of him ever starting again at Mount.   He transferred due to me.

That's fine, keep ignoring the truth. When our back up left, I didn't call him sloppy seconds. I congratulated him and encouraged him in his new adventure.

BTW, Brockport's QB is better than Fulford. Just FYI.

MUC57

Kelly Boggs

I admire your patience and tact in dealing with merle. Sometimes he gets on my nerves too. Sorry, merle. I love a good exchange of thoughts but, remember - sarcasm is a cheap form of wit, merle.
☠🏈🇷🇴
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

UMHB03

Quote from: MUC57 on April 06, 2018, 06:36:50 PM
Kelly Boggs

I admire your patience and tact in dealing with merle. Sometimes he gets on my nerves too. Sorry, merle. I love a good exchange of thoughts but, remember - sarcasm is a cheap form of wit, merle.
☠🏈🇷🇴
Nice to have one classy MU fan posting here.

I'm not very familiar with Poorman, but he sounds like a really solid player. Clearly he is an impressive passer, but how mobile is he? The ability to run is always valuable in UMHB's offense.
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions

umhb2001

Quote from: UMHB03 on April 06, 2018, 08:48:38 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on April 06, 2018, 06:36:50 PM
Kelly Boggs

☠🏈🇷🇴
Nice to have one classy MU fan posting here.

I'm not very familiar with Poorman, but he sounds like a really solid player. Clearly he is an impressive passer, but how mobile is he? The ability to run is always valuable in UMHB's offense.

https://twitter.com/LukePoorman10/status/953100105065824256

There are some clips here that should answer your questions.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused