FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMHB03

Quote from: umhb2001 on April 06, 2018, 08:54:02 PM
Quote from: UMHB03 on April 06, 2018, 08:48:38 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on April 06, 2018, 06:36:50 PM
Kelly Boggs

I admire your patience and tact in dealing with merle. Sometimes he gets on my nerves too. Sorry, merle. I love a good exchange of thoughts but, remember - sarcasm is a cheap form of wit, merle.
☠🏈🇷🇴
Nice to have one classy MU fan posting here.

I'm not very familiar with Poorman, but he sounds like a really solid player. Clearly he is an impressive passer, but how mobile is he? The ability to run is always valuable in UMHB's offense.

https://twitter.com/LukePoorman10/status/953100105065824256

There are some clips here that should answer your questions.
Thanks! He looks like a stud. Can't wait to see him on the field for the Crusaders.
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions

Dr. Acula

Kelly Boggs

I admire your patience and tact in dealing with merle. Sometimes he gets on my nerves too. Sorry, merle. I love a good exchange of thoughts but, remember - sarcasm is a cheap form of wit, merle.
☠🏈🇷🇴

I'm not very familiar with Poorman, but he sounds like a really solid player. Clearly he is an impressive passer, but how mobile is he? The ability to run is always valuable in UMHB's offense.

Poorman is not going to wow you with his runs like your recent UMHB QB's, but he can be an effective runner.  I guess I'd say you don't need to game plan for containing him running, but he can pop you for 10 yards on a read option so you better not fall asleep either.  What you guys will appreciate most is his accuracy and decision making with the ball.  IMO those are his biggest strengths.  He's a very smart kid and it shows on the field.   

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on April 06, 2018, 11:17:00 AM
As promised, just for you merle: George Strait singing, "All My Exes Live in Texas." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE 

Kelly that is awesome my friend!   ;D

DFWCrufan

Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 07, 2018, 10:34:53 AM
Kelly Boggs

☠🏈🇷🇴

Poorman is not going to wow you with his runs like your recent UMHB QB's, but he can be an effective runner.  I guess I'd say you don't need to game plan for containing him running, but he can pop you for 10 yards on a read option so you better not fall asleep either.  What you guys will appreciate most is his accuracy and decision making with the ball.  IMO those are his biggest strengths.  He's a very smart kid and it shows on the field.   

Good observation Dr. Yeah I think that is known, but it is the decision making you had mentioned I believe is the look the Cru are seeking. If the commits are correct we have a few standout QB's coming in 2018 but none are tested and at this rate it is better to know how a QB thinks and rolls through the progression than hope that they develop it over a summer on their own. Plus, it sounds like UMHB is a great fit to Poormans desire for a Christo-centric education. Sometimes things just work themselves out that way.
But let's be clear, UMUs strength (at least I have come to believe) is in it leadership - and at this stage it looks like it is still going to be there at UMU so while one piece of talent has moved on, the course for that program is still very clear.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

umhb2001

Carl was dynamic athletically. He had a great ability to run, and he had a great arm, but, there were times when he could not throw accurately and put the ball where the receivers needed it. That was something we saw all year long. It was also believed that he could not handle the blitz which was seen against St. Thomas, Brockport, and UMU. I thought that Carl could have been good, really good, but I think the place that he struggled the most was in the decision making. Sometimes he ran when he should have thrown and thrown when he should have run.

From looking at Luke's history, his interview, and so forth, I believe he has the total package and will do a great job.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

albatross

Reposting from the SAA board. Hendrix finalized schedule has been released with a trip to TLU finalized in a rematch of last year's home win for the Warriors.

crufootball

Quote from: albatross on April 12, 2018, 03:49:42 PM
Reposting from the SAA board. Hendrix finalized schedule has been released with a trip to TLU finalized in a rematch of last year's home win for the Warriors.

Seems like a good deal for both teams, solid D3 game but does come with I assume a pretty long bus trip for the Warriors.

albatross

There will always be tough traveling with the SAA schedule for Hendrix. The TLU trip is timed up so that they and Austin college are the long road games and Trinity/Berry/Centre/Sewanee are forced to take the long trip to Conway. Unfortunately all four of those games will be on the road for Hendrix in 2019 if scheduling remains the same.

Quote from: crufootball on April 12, 2018, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: albatross on April 12, 2018, 03:49:42 PM

Seems like a good deal for both teams, solid D3 game but does come with I assume a pretty long bus trip for the Warriors.

umhb2001

umhb2001

The run for the second touchdown of the game?!  :o

SaintsFAN

I felt the play-calling for Mount Union to start the game was tremendous... they were careful to not put him in situations where FSU knew they had to pass. 

It was brilliant and Poorman was brilliant as he settled into the game.  Then they just completely unleashed him.

I'm excited to see him play for UMHB.  This is a big-time QB - who still has room to grow, which is the scary part for UMHB opponents.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

zipmac22

I'm scratching my head here...what could bring this kind kind punishment for a first violation in 20 years of the program? My hat off to Coach Fred, he has accepted sole ownership of the infractions. Coach Fred is by far one of the few coaches that stands head and shoulders above all the other coaches!
D3 National Champions:  2016, 2018, 2021

bports

Major infractions !! I'm guessing some type of post season ban . One year ?