MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Palmer

Woowie!!! What a ball game!  NWU wins in OT to advance to the Big Natty Dance!

"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)

Mr. Ypsi

NOT the Neb Wes and Springfield game I was expecting.  For much of the game, NWU couldn't have rung up 130 on a decent hs team!  No doubt Springfield had something to do with that, but it mostly looked much more like bad offense than good defense.  The final four minutes of OT is the Neb Web I kept expecting!

It's the title game I expected all week.  Good luck to Neb Wes! ;D  [In 1997 the Titans you lost to were my IWU Titans - I give you full permission to beat these 'pretend' Titans! ::)]

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

All four teams struggled to shoot at the beginning of their games.  It does feel like NebWes didn't really play their game in the first half.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

AllStar

coocooforcoekohawk

Congratulations Prairie Wolves.
I watched the championship game.
I look forward to seeing you in person next year when you come to Cedar Rapids.
I believe everyone is coming back, but one?
Very impressive shooting.
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

gordonmann

AndOne

AndOne

It seems that in the locker room at Platteville before the Whitman game, NWU Coach Dale Wellman wrote a message on the board;

To be the best, we have to beat the best.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The 2017-18 season is now complete. Congratulations to Nebraska Wesleyan and Amherst on their Division III national championships!

However, there is still some business to take care of ... we need to wrap up the season on Hoopsville.

Tune in Thursday, March 22 as Dave McHugh is joined by a few guests as we look back at the Championship Weekends along with looking ahead at what should be a busy off-season and exciting 2018-19 season.

Plus, it what may be surprising to some and expected from others, we talk to the now-retiring Mark Edwards of WashU men's basketball. We chat about 37 incredible years and why he feels it is time to walk off the court for good.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 2:00 p.m. ET on Thursday in the video player above.

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues.

Guests include (in order of appearance; subject to change):
- Mark Edwards, No. 15 WashU men's head coach
- Dale Wellman, No. 1 Nebraska Wesleyan head coach (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard AD and men's basketball committee chair (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Gordon Mann interview with Emma McCarthy, No. 1 Amherst sophomore forward
- Max Pearce, SUNY Purchase Senior guard participating in the State Farm College Slam Dunk Championship in San Antonio
- Nathan Dennison, VP of Sales at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Fort Wayne, Ind. (from Sunday's postgame show)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

tomt4525

I'm a UWSP fan and come in peace.  The Pointers just received a commitment from Dubuque Wahlert 6'6" Senior, Peter Timmerman.  Does any posters who frequent here have any information on him?  I can't find much online.  Thanks

AndOne

Quote from: tomt4525 on April 09, 2018, 01:30:58 PM
I'm a UWSP fan and come in peace.  The Pointers just received a commitment from Dubuque Wahlert 6'6" Senior, Peter Timmerman.  Does any posters who frequent here have any information on him?  I can't find much online.  Thanks

You just have to know where to look Tom.  :)
This season's stats

Games: 22
PPG: 14.0
FG attempts: 223
FG made: 90
FG %: 40.4%
3pt attempts: 78
3pt made: 28
3pt %: 35.9%
FT attempts: 123
FT made: 99
FT %: 80.5%
RPG: 6.5
APG: 2.1
SPG: 0.6
BPG: 0.5
TOPG: 3.1

tomt4525

Quote from: AndOne on April 09, 2018, 03:32:21 PM
Quote from: tomt4525 on April 09, 2018, 01:30:58 PM

You just have to know where to look Tom.  :)
This season's stats

Games: 22
PPG: 14.0
FG attempts: 223
FG made: 90
FG %: 40.4%
3pt attempts: 78
3pt made: 28
3pt %: 35.9%
FT attempts: 123
FT made: 99
FT %: 80.5%
RPG: 6.5
APG: 2.1
SPG: 0.6
BPG: 0.5
TOPG: 3.1

I was able to find the stats, I was more looking to hear from people that saw him play.  What are his strengths and weaknesses??  Obviously a good free throw shooter and someone who gets to the line often.  From what I read, he seems more like a wing.  What is his quickness like??  Does he have a long wingspan that helps on the defensive end??

tomt4525

Maybe a basis for comparison would be a good way to start....how does Timmerman compare to the Duax kids that matriculated from Dubuque to the WIAC recently??  Robert plays at Platteville and was this year's Player of the Year.  Connor was a freshman at Oshkosh and played quite a few minutes in his first year.

AndOne

Well, you did ask if anyone had any information on him.  ;)

In answer to your last question, IDK what his wingspan is but, even if substantial, it evidently didn't help much as, even with being 6'7" he only blocked 12 shots all year. Also, his 3.1 TOsPG give rise for concern. His stats seem to point toward him being more offensively orientated.