The Big Dance

Started by Falconer, November 05, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Case takes a late 2-1 lead over Keystone and were lucky they were not called offside as it was close....Keystone was not bad 1st Half but 2nd Half they have died off but still about 10 minutes left.

Mr.Right

What a hit by Case #23 with 2 minutes left to give Case a 3-1 Win over Keystone...2 minutes left and Keystone was pushing #'s but could not find that tying goal. I will say Keystone had a couple skilled players but their GK went to punt the ball and hit it just outside the box so Case got an indirect free kick and Case with a beauty of a play as one player just touched it an inch and #23 ripped a bullet right underneath the crossbar as the GK had no chance. One of the better set pieces I have seen this year. 3-1 Case moves on to play probably Capital tomorrow. Nice stream in Cleveland today.

blooter442

Stevens and Gordon look relatively even here in Meffid...Stevens a bit better technically with some nice combinations but Gordon holding its own. One thing somewhat concerning for Gordon is the keeper has called for a few crosses but gotten nowhere near them...Stevens seems keen to exploit them on high balls.

Mr.Right

The announcer sound like he has that closepin on his nose again....He actually is pretty good and comes up with some solid information when the ball is not in play...

D3Grad

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 09, 2018, 06:57:58 PM
I was just getting ready to ask if Carthage could pull off the Central Region triple.....Chicago, North Park and Calvin....and then UW-P scores two to go up 2-1.  Good, entertaining game.

Remnants of snubmania.....St Norbert beat both of these teams.

Not to continue beating the dead horse but I noticed St. Norbert did not schedule a single MIAC team this year.  In recent years they would always have 1 or 2. Sometimes would have an IIAC team too.  Looks to be the lack of scheduling may be to play.  I believe if St. Norbert scheduled one of these two conferences win or lose a bid would have been given. 

In other news.  St. Thomas up 1-0 over Pacific Lutheran.  Game is fairly even.  St. Thomas scores just before halftime with a half bicycle kick. 

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 10, 2018, 01:24:14 PM
The announcer sound like he has that closepin on his nose again....He actually is pretty good and comes up with some solid information when the ball is not in play...

Haha yes indeed on both points. Gordon kid with some nice moves and shoots wide. 15 left in the half.

blooter442

OUCH...Stevens kid gets cleaned out by Gordon GK with both going for a high ball...Stevens kid screams as he goes down and Stevens players want a pen. Ref says no that it was an accident and being stood next to the play I agree as it looked like GK got the ball. After a nervy few minutes the kid gets up and walks off and play restarts.

Mr.Right

Looks mad windy down there Bloots...I had seen Gordon play Colby and some of their RWU match but they look decent in this game. Not sure about their GK but your right an even game so far.

Ommadawn

I get the sense that Stevens will dominate in the second half when they have the wind at their back.

blooter442

Yes you are both right, strong winds out of the NW and Stevens will have it second half. As Winnie the Pooh would say "it's a blustery day."

Mr.Right

St,Joe's and Midd already proving to be a physical battle as both teams are fouling like crazy. St.Joe's has to be careful not to give Midd so many set pieces in their end.

MIdd has the games first real solid chance off a set piece as a nice ball in by Barsamian goes off either Davis or Robinson's head and bangs off the post....

blooter442

Still 0-0 in Meffid, windy as all hell.  Stephens with most of the play and the wind the second half.

blooter442

Fantastic save by the Gordon GK off a nice curler. 20 left.

blooter442

Stevens #10 is a heck of a player. Nice touches and movement.

Gordon #3 goes close just wide left.

blooter442