FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1837Tigers

Matt Hunt to Connor Jeffers on 29 yd TD pass - DePauw leads Witt 28-13 w/ 5 mins left in 3Q.

Wabash1

Hunt throws it up for grabs in the end zone TD. 28-13 Depauw.

jknezek

H-SC goes down to W&L 35-28 at H-SC. They were stuffed 4th and Goal on the 1 with 12 seconds to go. Going to be hard pressed for Wabash to get a RRO out of the Tigers to help with seeding...

NotNexttoUganda

OWU escapes in double overtime after Kenyon fumbles it on the 1-yd line. Kenyon falls 23-20.

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: NotNexttoUganda on October 10, 2015, 04:05:12 PM
OWU escapes in double overtime after Kenyon fumbles it on the 1-yd line. Kenyon falls 23-20.

Ouch, tough loss for Kenyon.

Always like to see the traditional bottom-feeders be more competitive.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

1837Tigers

Witt cuts DePauw lead to 28-23 with field goal.  10:38 left in the game.

1837Tigers

Next play  Hunt to Hunt for 83 yds to the house.  200+ receiving yds for Andy Hunt

1837Tigers

Witt turns it over on downs.  DePauw takes over with 8:37 left, leading 35-20.  Matt Hunt w/ 332 yds passing.

1837Tigers

Wittenberg QB Jenkins rambles 63 yds for TD. DePauw lead cut to 35-30 with 3:34 left

1837Tigers

DePauw prevails 35-30 in a thriller. 

BashDad

And just like that, a rivalry is renewed.

sigma one

I was in Blackstock Stadium today for Witt-DPU.  Despite the significant statistical advantage to the Old Tigers, they made too many critical mistakes:  a lost fumble and 3 interceptions in the first half, includinag a big pick 6.  DePauw had no turnovers in the game.
       Summary:  DPU is good, very good.  But how good?  Still hard to tell, with the big advantage to Witt in so many categories.  Still, the New Tigers were plucky, and they found a way to win.
       Terrific game, one of the best I've seen in quite a while.  Congratulations to DPU.  It is now possible that Wabash and DePauw will go into the Monon Bell game both 9-0.  Put in extra stands DPU.

BashDad

Quote from: BashDad on October 10, 2015, 04:56:31 PM
And just like that, a rivalry is renewed.

Between Denison and Wittenberg, I mean.

BashBacker#16

Dean B - fully braced myself for the "Depauw reminds me of the 1985 Bears" and thankfully it wasn't too bad.  I couldn't believe Witt gave them 4 turnovers in the first half.  I'm not sure who I was pulling for but now I'm excited for the Bell matchup.  Maybe the Dannies will care this year?

A couple of quick hits:

- Depauw looks so little.  This stood out to me.  Physically little.
- Witt put up huge offensive numbers against the Dannie D:  559 yards to be exact, damn.

And it's way too early but can the Bash D front make it difficult for Hunt to throw with their hands in the passing lanes?  6'6 Tyler McCullen and 6'3 Evan Rutter...?

SigmaOne - did you have a Caramel Graham Pumpkin Spiced Latte with Soy at the half yesterday with Stevie Baker Watson Jones Miller  ;D ;D ;D J/K

WAF