FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUADC

Quote from: PBR... on June 26, 2012, 01:08:04 PM
No reason to waste time playing the regular season we know who will be coming out of the east...

http://athletics.delval.edu/news/2012/6/7/FB_2012lindys.aspx

That's the problem with pre-season rankings, it always looks good on paper and builds up people assumptions as to how an outcome of a season should look like. Nevertheless, with those many starters returning, they have a better chance in returning than many other teams, this team reminds me of Salisbury '08 team, the only difference is that we were not in a conference and was not entitiled to an automatic-bid, so chances are higher in making the playoffs for this Del Val team and to think of it, we lost to Del Val 2008, which basically knock us out of playoff contention, we finished 9-2 with a ECAC Bowl win over Moravian.  :'(

kate

dlippiel

Looking forward to the week #1 match up between Del Val and the Profs.

jmcozenlaw

You never know for sure until they officially show up for school AND show up in mid-August at camp, but I'm hearing about a few very interesting transfers heading over to Doylestown as well as some very talented freshmen. A couple of last year's starters on the offensive line will be pushed extremely hard, the defense has a couple of potential studs joining the program and the offense will have another special weapon or two for Aaron Wilmer!! A little birdie told me that some news is forthcoming about an athletic complex that will rival many D3 schools in the area.

Could be a very good year for the Aggies!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Wahama on July 22, 2012, 10:12:23 AM
Couple of great interviews with Del Val's OL John Lavelle and QB Aaron Wilmer

Lavelle: http://www.bsncollege.com/videos/1557/854/beyond-the-sidelines-interview-w

Wilmer: http://www.bsncollege.com/videos/1557/853/beyond-the-sidelines-interview-w

If you want to participate in a conversation, Kerry, I welcome you to do so. But making five posts, all of them links, is considered spamming and is generally frowned upon.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Pat - Not that it matters.....since you are an All-American and I am but a mere Second Stringer  :) , but I don't know exactly why the issue with Kerry (and the reason for a name vs. a handle). As a D3 fan and living in the Aggies backyard, I appreciated the links as I would have never known of their existence as I had never heard of the site. I don't see that site as competition in any way, shape or form so I hope that's not the reason for your post.

Now, back to things that really matter  :) ..................

Pat Coleman

If I felt that way, I'd simply delete the posts. But indeed, it is poor form to simply register for a forum and post solely links.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Pat - Fair enough. I did appreciate the links but understand your point as well. Maybe Kerry will join in discussion at some point and if not.......zap him :)

I'm looking forward to a great regular season........not as much to the Mount Union vs. UWWW championship game part of it :)

Pat Coleman

Maybe it won't end that way. Eight years? That would be crazy. Not that seven wasn't already nuts.

Wahama

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 29, 2012, 05:36:32 PM
Quote from: Wahama on July 22, 2012, 10:12:23 AM
Couple of great interviews with Del Val's OL John Lavelle and QB Aaron Wilmer

Lavelle: http://www.bsncollege.com/videos/1557/854/beyond-the-sidelines-interview-w

Wilmer: http://www.bsncollege.com/videos/1557/853/beyond-the-sidelines-interview-w

If you want to participate in a conversation, Kerry, I welcome you to do so. But making five posts, all of them links, is considered spamming and is generally frowned upon.

First off Pat, thanks for not deleting the posts. I merely was trying to share these athletes' stories while also hoping to start some conversations from them. I definitely plan to add my two cents in where relevant (not that I claim to be an expert of any sort). Please don't think I'm spamming, just simply putting these athletes out there for everybody to see. I know we have plenty more interviews with D3 athletes and I look forward to posting them where relevant and adding to the conversation a bit myself with these videos and what I have learned from these athletes. I'm glad we're able to work together to help share these athletes' stories, because in the end that's what it's all about.

TheGrove

My cousin posted pictures of Lyco's new turf. Hate to admit it, but it's pretty sharp.

SUADC

Quote from: TheGrove on August 01, 2012, 07:38:14 PM
My cousin posted pictures of Lyco's new turf. Hate to admit it, but it's pretty sharp.

I am glad the rest of the MAC is catching up with the times regarding the new turf. Are there photos available?

PBR...

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on July 22, 2012, 05:45:12 PM
You never know for sure until they officially show up for school AND show up in mid-August at camp, but I'm hearing about a few very interesting transfers heading over to Doylestown as well as some very talented freshmen. A couple of last year's starters on the offensive line will be pushed extremely hard, the defense has a couple of potential studs joining the program and the offense will have another special weapon or two for Aaron Wilmer!! A little birdie told me that some news is forthcoming about an athletic complex that will rival many D3 schools in the area.

Could be a very good year for the Aggies!!

No word on the athletic complex yet but a new life sciences building looks very nice that they will be breaking ground on in October...
http://www.delval.edu/news/all/2012/07/delvals_life_sciences_building_is_moving_towards_a_fall_groundbreaking

ZeroMischief

Players reporting to camp tomorrow.  Green/Gold game next Saturday the 18th.  Can't wait!  GO AGGIES!