FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3 Fan

The administration at UMD will not spend the money and make the position a full time one... Upper administration doesn't support, understand or have the vision necessary to excel.  The administration doesn't recognize the importance that a successful football program has for the University... 

Coach Kav is a great coach who has created a very competitive program with very little support from the University.  There have been and are many great players at UMD who came because they had a guy who was knowledgeable and truly cared about them.

Hopefully this will wake up the powers at be but I doubt it.  It's a shame because UMD has so much to offer in the terms of academics and facilities... 

Good luck Coach K...UMD's lose is Stang's gain...

D3 Fan

Full time coaches in the NEFC

MAss M, Maine M, BSC, WNEC, EC, MIT, CG, Nichols, Curry, PSC, Salve...  11 out of 16 teams.  Oh by the way UMD is the only team in the Boyd division without a full time coach.

ctgridironmom

Coach Bandini at Curry is not full-time and Coach Nelson was not really a full-time coach either as he was also AD

Gr8Day2BaBear

i think you gotta give a definition of full time cuz bsc's coach is assistant fitness director and teach's classes as well, so i'm confused, is that what u mean by full time or if u just didn't know???

ctgridironmom

Well, it certainly would be better for the program to have someone on campus full-time, are there any coaches who only coach full time, no other roles at the school?

And I guess I'd be curious about how the other schools staffs are working it as well.

It seems there are lots of different ways it can get done.

D3 Fan

I have friends who have coached at a lot of different levels and there have always been guys on staff that have held other jobs at the University.  Whether it be fitness, strength and conditioning, equipment manager, or taught a few classes, the bottom line is that they were there on campus all day, every day...  Compare that to the guy who works all day at some high school or some other job to that of a guy who is at the school all day...(by the way it doesn't matter if that coach is the head coach or an assistant as long as it is someone)

I'll guarantee you that the on campus job is only slotted for the whom ever is going to be the football coach...

lewdogg11

I can't imagine hiring a full-time head coach is going to break the bank at any University.  I think that is absolutely ridiculous that these schools don't see enough importance in their athletic programs to at the very least, suck up a salary to have someone there full-time not only for in-season preparation reasons, but for year-round recruiting purposes.  That's a joke, and it's ashame to all these programs and kids that work their butts off in the classroom and on the field, wearing the name of their school's on their jerseys.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: D3 Fan on April 02, 2007, 02:35:06 PM
I have friends who have coached at a lot of different levels and there have always been guys on staff that have held other jobs at the University.  Whether it be fitness, strength and conditioning, equipment manager, or taught a few classes, the bottom line is that they were there on campus all day, every day...  Compare that to the guy who works all day at some high school or some other job to that of a guy who is at the school all day...(by the way it doesn't matter if that coach is the head coach or an assistant as long as it is someone)

I'll guarantee you that the on campus job is only slotted for the whom ever is going to be the football coach...

Sometimes even the "fulltime" jobs at the schools dont pay as much as regular high school teaching jobs though.  And did I read somewhere that the Fitchburg St. Coach was a firefighter?

Moose50

About the Fitchburg job.  Whoever said that the AD is clueless is right!!  She did everything she could to derail what coach Haverty tried to do even stopping the parents from having a 50/50 drawing to help the program.  She's interviewed about ten (10) candidates and now 4/6/07, it's down to 3 or 4.  One is from within and all the others are from outside of school.  The kids haven't even started spring practice because the "clueless" AD won't let the kids practice without a coach, HMMM.  Players are bailing out as well as coaches looking for other schools.  Most have good talent and will be assets wherever they go. I hope many coaches read this post and take a good look at the talent leaing and hopefully pick up these kids and give them a chance.

Dummy of the Year:  Sue Lawless

franklin

Fitchburg SC has just chosen someone who doesn't know the players,  doesn't know any of the reqruits, who doesn't know the school, doesn't know the admissions dept., doesn't know the league, doesn't know the opposing coaches, wasn't the choice of very many people who were asked, and is probably using this as a stepping stone.   I predict that he will be gone in 2 years as soon as Yetten/Bentley retires.   Makes sense as his bio reads that he's been at 4 schools in 6 years.  Wow nice surprise for the kids/players getting back from their easter holiday......good luck with that !!!!

Pat Coleman

If you say so. Does this person have ... I don't know ... a name?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

union89

Dude's name is McGonagle...appears he was the offensive co-ordinator at Bentley and prior to that at Stony Brook.  He also played at the University of Kentucky.  Looks like a pretty solid hire for FSC in U89's opinion.

Pat Coleman

Agreed. I would guess that Franklin represents someone who was not hired.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

franklin

am a anonymous current/returning player who is there !

Pat Coleman

Give the new guy a chance, would be my suggestion. At my alma mater, coach was let go after a 1-9 season. Everyone wanted his DC to be hired, very popular with the players. The administration hired from the outside, though, somebody nobody on the team knew.

The team went 8-2 in his first season and made the playoffs three times under him.

It's not always going to work out that way, no doubt, but just give the decision a chance.