WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

San Juan

Catholic women lose again 1-3 to start the year. 

saratoga

Lady Royals still improving & winning.
Knock off an undefeated team tonight that was very, shall we say, aggressive.
Outstanding defensive effort against a team averaging about 30 more points.
Very big test tomorrow in the championship vs. a talented Eastern squad.

ronk

Nice to see offensive contributions from some younger players: Katie O' Reilly with 2 baskets, including 1 in the motion offense, Christina Peden with 2 nice drives, taking advantage of the opportunities, and Bridgette Mann with a couple of shot clock-winding down under control moves. Hopefully, the successes will encourage them to be more proactive in the future. More options leads to a more effective offense.

ronk

Expecting the #17 Lady Royals to move into the top 10 after the numerous losses by teams above them, IF they take care of business Sat @ home with dangerous E-town.

saratoga

Any word on the Lafayette transfer playing at Scranton second semester?

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on December 30, 2015, 11:50:35 PM
Any word on the Lafayette transfer playing at Scranton second semester?

I haven't heard of this and Trevor hasn't mentioned it. I did have a prospect a couple of years ago that I thought was coming to Scranton(her dad is a Scranton grad) but went to Lafayette or Lehigh as a walk-on(her mom was a grad). I never saw her on the roster and I check the Patriot League boxscores frequently since many of my prospects play there. Maybe it's her. If so, she has a twin who's been starting in the Big East for 2+ years.
   If true, I think she would have been eligible to play in Vegas; maybe it was too late to get a plane ticket with the team.
  There's been no online roster addition as of a few minutes ago.

ronk

Lady Royals showing some rust after 2-week layoff; many turnovers and E-town missing their best player(Emily Martin). 

saratoga

Not sure who's doing the Scranton SID updates since Kevin's retirement, but they need to get the overview done prior to the next day.
Pick up the pace....you won!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: saratoga on January 05, 2016, 10:56:24 PM
Not sure who's doing the Scranton SID updates since Kevin's retirement, but they need to get the overview done prior to the next day.
Pick up the pace....you won!

Not sure where you're looking, but I got emails at 9:13 and 9:26 last night with the recaps.   I assume if they're being sent they're also being posted somewhere, but maybe I'm mistaken about that.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

saratoga

I'm actually referring to the recap here on D3.
When you check the scores, most of the time there is both a box score & the game recap.
Apparently, it was not submitted to this site for viewing.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: saratoga on January 06, 2016, 10:50:58 PM
I'm actually referring to the recap here on D3.
When you check the scores, most of the time there is both a box score & the game recap.
Apparently, it was not submitted to this site for viewing.

Yeah, that might be worth an email to the SID office.  I know the recap emails come from two different people, so it might just be someone assuming someone else is doing it.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

redrhino

The Scranton-Catholic women's game should be interesting this Saturday. Both teams had "byes" during the week which means both coaches will have enjoyed extra practice time to prepare for the opposition.

Driven by the sting of last year's one-point upset loss in the championship game with Catholic, the hometown women should have a good chance in this one IF they take care of the basketball.

The Lady Royals 15-0 start is due in part to good coaching, in part to good defense, and in part to the Payonk-Roman-Alicea triangle--but the less-talked-about factor has been the precocious freshman point guard who "came out of the chute" ready to contribute in a big way. Although still learning, she has been a godsend and is getting better all the time.

ronk

Quote from: redrhino on January 14, 2016, 09:44:09 PM
The Scranton-Catholic women's game should be interesting this Saturday. Both teams had "byes" during the week which means both coaches will have enjoyed extra practice time to prepare for the opposition.

Driven by the sting of last year's one-point upset loss in the championship game with Catholic, the hometown women should have a good chance in this one IF they take care of the basketball.

The Lady Royals 15-0 start is due in part to good coaching, in part to good defense, and in part to the Payonk-Roman-Alicea triangle--but the less-talked-about factor has been the precocious freshman point guard who "came out of the chute" ready to contribute in a big way. Although still learning, she has been a godsend and is getting better all the time.

Coach Donahue and his team has been able to defeat the Royals multiple times by defending successfully the Mesaris offense(and, by extension, the Roman feature) with off-the-ball help; I anticipate more of the same defense on Saturday.
  With regard to the freshman point guard, she has indeed been a big help. She not only has taken over the major ball handling need, but makes good judgments on attacking the defense and is the prime choice for doing something successfully in the last 10 seconds of shot-clock situations. Hopefully, we'll be getting a PG or 2 next year so that she can play her more natural SG position.

San Juan

Ronk big difference is coaching this year.He is not coaching against Strong or Klingman that never made adjustments.

redrhino

Congratulations to the Lady Royals on their win against Catholic. There are some rough edges to smooth out, but the team continues to impress. Sarah "Triple Double" Payonk is becoming a humble and mature leader. Noelle Alicea is vigorous!

I am tempted to talk about Landmark Rookie of the Year, but we will cross that Bridgette when we come to it.