Started by Ejay, August 15, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastguyoffthebench

SAT OCT 6
Rowan   @  New Jersey City      1:00 PM 
Prediction:  Rowan 3, NJCU 0

Rutgers-Newark  @ Rutgers-Camden      1:00 PM 
Prediction:  RUC 2, RUN 0   
Two of the safest cities in NJ square up... RUC in better form and at home, so I'll give them the nod.

William Paterson  @  Stockton      3:00 PM 
Prediction: Stockton 2, WPU 1   
Stockton has not lost at home, WPU has only a 1-0 loss at Rowan on the road.   

Ramapo  @   Montclair State      3:00 PM 
Prediction: MSU 3, Ramapo 1
MSU gets the W at home and essentially locks up 1st place at this point with their remaining schedule

TCNJ  @  Kean      4:00 PM
Prediction:  TCNJ 2, Kean 2
Crucial game here as a loss for either one likely means a playoff birth is out of reach.   FWIW, I do not think either will make post-season.  TCNJ has Stockton, @MSU, Rowan remaining;   Kean has @Ramapo, WPU, MSU

lastguyoffthebench

RUC @ Ramapo 1:00PM
Prediction:  RUC 2, Ramapo 0

WPU @ Kean 5:00PM
Prediction:   WPU 2, Kean 1

Rowan @ RUN  7:30PM
Prediction:  Rowan 3, RUN 1

NJCU @ TCNJ  11:00AM
Prediction:  TCNJ 2, NCJU 0

MSU @ Stockton 1:00PM
Prediction:  MSU 2, Stockton 1

Current Standings (with predictions)
MSU  18 pts.... 21
Camden 12 pts.. 15 pts
Stockton 10 pts... 10 pts
Ramapo 9 pts... 9 pts
Rowan 9 pts...  12 pts
WPU 9 pts... 12 pts
RUN 6 pts... 6 pts
TCNJ 5 pts... 8 pts
Kean 4 pts... 4 pts
NJCU 0 pts... 0 pts

Mr.Right

Have not seen much of any NJAC games this season. Based on the standings it looks like at 11-3-1 RUC is starting to make a turnaround as is Ramapo at 11-2-0. I do not remember Ramapo ever having a winning record in NJAC. They are only 3-2-0 in the league so they are not out of the woods yet. Montclair St is back as the league top dog at 13-1-1 and 6-0-0 with two teams that have been the best in the league recently Rowan and RUN both struggling a bit. Rowan is 9-4-0 and 3-2-0 and RUN is 7-7-1 and 2-4-0 in the NJAC. So are these standings reflective of the actual situation or are teams not as good as their records and others that look to be struggling better than the standings show? Basically can anyone that follows the NJAC go into a little detail? I suppose I could catch the Rowan at RUN match Saturday night and get a feel myself if no one feels like answering...

Ejay

I'll give it a go...
Ramapo 2, RUC 1
WPU 3, Kean 1
Rowan 1, RUN 1
TCNJ 3, NCJU 0
MSU 3, Stockton 0

Ejay

Results:
Ramapo 1, RUC 1
WPU 1, Kean 0
Rowan 4, RUN 0
TCNJ 2, NJCU 0
MSU 1, Stockton 1

Standings:
MSU      19pts      6-0-1      13-1-2
RUC      13pts      4-1-1      11-3-2
Rowan   12pts      4-2         10-4
WPU      12pts      4-3         10-4-1
Stockton 11pts     3-2-2      7-5-3
Ramapo 10pts      3-2-1      11-2-1
TCNJ      8pts       2-3-2       8-4-2
RUN       6pts       2-5          7-8-1
Kean      4pts       1-4-1       5-6-3
NJCU      0pts       0-7          5-8

willchar

Tough to say Ramapo has turned it around.  Yes, they've struggled for a long time and started the season 8-0.  But since then they are 3-2-2 with 2 of the wins against very weak opponents. With 3 NJAC games remaining they'll probably take out Kean, Fall to Rowan, which leaves their match against Willy P being huge to get a decent seed or maybe even just make the top-6 playoffs.

Ejay

I'm going to give Ramapo the benefit of the doubt. They completely dominated RUN and were extremely unlucky to lose.  They outshot RUC 26-10 and could have won that game, and even the Montclair games was fairly even.  I predict they get two wins from Kean and WPU and I dare say a chance to steal a point in Glassboro.

Ejay

'Po defeats Rowan 2-1 and Fala nets two giving him 21 for the season.

willchar

I'm starting to believe.  I've followed NJAC for a long time and this is the biggest Ramapo win.  They've occasionally forged an upset or two but no win ever was critical to their own destiny.  This really mattered.

lastguyoffthebench

Ramapo should slide into the NCAA Regional Rankings on Wed after having a monster 2-0 week, defeating Rowan and WPU.

Several scenarios could play out for Pool C.

Montclair St is virtually safe, IMO

Ramapo needs to beat WPU.   They are certainly building their case for a Pool C, but just may win the the AQ.  They are legit.

Rowan is a a must win, I don't think 7 losses is gonna get them in, unless they reach the final...

Rutgers-Camden suffered double whammy with a loss to WPU... However, i don't think WPU jumps them in rankings yet.   They are clinging on to that NYU win and split with WPU.

WPU can sneak in as a legit pool C if they reach the NJAC Final.   

Lastguypredictions
MSU over Rowan
Ramapo over WPU

Ramapo over MSU

Ramapo gets the AQ, MSU and Camden Pool C.

Ejay

I'll go with:
MSU 2 Rowan 1
Ramapo 1 WPU 0 OT
------
MSU 1 Ramapo

MSU gets AQ
Ramapo gets Pool C

Falconer

Just watched five minutes of Rowan at Montclair. Lots of fouling, and it's stupid fouling. First, a Rowan player deliberately tripped a Montclair man just off the corner of the box, yielding a dangerous direct kick. After that, Montclair took a man down in the box, perhaps intentionally (the image was a bit fuzzy). The official called it properly and the PK was scored. A minute later, exactly the same thing on the other end, same result. Now 2-1 MSU.  Now, another deliberate takedown by Rowan 10 yards from the box.

What don't these guys get? The official tonight is good: he's calling what he's supposed to call. Can they play differently, or is this just what you do in the NJAC?

4samuy

Agree completely Falconer.  Not impressed with either team, especially Montclair.   Outside of the crazy challenges,  IMHO Rowan has had the much better run of play.

4samuy

Not sure what I missed but Montclair now up 4-1.   Maybe just a bad first 15 for Montclair.

Ejay

Almost halfway through the 2nd half and there are a total of 15 fouls.  That's not a lot - perhaps just stupid fouls but it doesn't look like a physical game.