WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sethhpu

I do hope HPU plays to their potential, I don't call shooting 16% from the field in a half good potential. Your right though this season is very exciting, never expected to see HSU beat MCM. I hope HPU plays both HSU and MCM in Abilene with full potential and that both opponents play to their full potential. That way creditibilty can be built for the teams. They could go down to the wire in both games, but we shall see. I expect a crazy whirlwind of games ending at the conference tourney.
Defense wins championships

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger (BfB) on January 31, 2006, 03:10:42 PM
Quote from: dballa on January 31, 2006, 01:02:19 PM
HSU was in the polls all of last year and they didn't make the post season....can't deny that either.

Fortunately, as our good friend Ralph Turner has pointed out, there are a lot more Pool C buds available this year.  A team that is ranked all season and has a solid QoWI should have an excellent shot at this playoffs, unlike previous seasons where there were less than a handful of bids available. 

Please check out my compilation on the Best of the South.

I think that we get 2-3 Pool C bids in the South Region.

calhsu

Here is the deal about last year and HSU not going to the tournament.  They lost in the first round......  If they had lost in the finals who knows what would have happened. 
This year HPU has to win the playoffs in order to go on.  And regardless of all the TALK of how good they are and how they SHOULD have beat the Cowgirls they have failed to win one game that shows that they are in the same league as the big three.   Right now I would say that next time HPU comes to Abilene they will lose by more than ten. 
I am a little surprised that no one is giving  HSU any credit for a good game last night.  Saying that you were not expecting them to win is not the same as saying they played a good game.   Actually if some of you want to continue to disrespect the Cowgirls, the underdog role is going better than when people were afraid of them.
All I notice is that MCM beat HSU by 8 and the Cowgirls won by nine.   

mcmfan

What I find surprising is that it seems to be the HSU fans who are amazed that HSU won last night, and the McM fans who are giving HSU credit for the victory.  I mentioned in an earlier post that in the last few games leading to Monday night, when McM and HSU were playing the same teams, HSU was winning by a bigger margin.  Before the original McM-HSU game, McM had the advantage in point spreads.  So, last night was predictable, not some fluke.  HSU has stepped it up in the last week or two, and McM has not, and the level of "step-up" was visible in the point spreads even before last night's game.  The question now is whether McM can match that "step-up," which we will have to do if we want to hold on to our one-game lead in the division. If we don't match it, HSU will continue their run and will win the division.
Alacumba!

calhsu

McM is in good shape to win the regular season championship.  They have showned that they can be beat but there is no one left on the schedule that is capable of doing that.  Yes I know that HPU still has a game with them but it is in Abilene and they are going to do what they couldn't do at home. 

I know that I sound pretty sure considering I don't see the games, but numbers don't lie.  The closest I will be to Abilene will be in October when I plan to go to homecoming(my 30th class reunion) and see my first HSU  home football game.   Even still I bet I know more about what HSU does in sports than most of the students.

matalk

I was at the HSU game on Monday.  McM is the better team, but when you shoot 14% from the floor in a half and 29% overrall, you couldn't beat a junior high team.  With all that said, McM was only down by 6 at half, take that as you will. Hardin Simmons played their best against McM's mid season slump. The score at the end of the game says nothing, but who won or lost. HSU knew the only reason they won was because McM couldn't get the ball to drop. That's why they aren't saying anything or gloating. Lady Indian's are just as focused and are glad to have whatever monkey was on their back. Now all they have to do is win the WEST and get to the tournament where they will be peaking and reaching their highest level of play. The torched has passed and L.I.B. will get the last laugh!  ;D

matalk

Correction. the monkey is off their back!   :P

calhsu

Excue me you now know what the HSU girls think?  I wasn't there and I know just as much as you do,  nothing. 

Who is a better team is decided on the court,  that is why they play the game.  On that night guess what,  HSU won,  that means they were the better team that night.

Again numbers don't lie.

Get over it.  Chances are they will get another chance to prove something different.

matalk

calhsu you are a typical HSU fan. Either team has to get by MC in their house. There are 6 games between now and then. One game at a time my friend.  ;)

dsc

I personally don't know why everyone is so surprised that HSU won on Monday night.  No reason to "gloat."

The surprise was when McM won at home against HSU earlier in the season. ;D

Think about it!

::)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

calhsu

Dear mattalk /// nothing in my posts have said anything bad about MC. And I am painfully aware of where the the playoffs are.  And if HSU goes to Clinton as the #2 they would play #1 MC first.   

In past years when HSU was the clear dominant team when they would lose the other teams would dance on the grave of a single loss.  No HSU has really gloated,  just asking for a little respect from people who infer that Monday was just a fluke.

mcmfan

McM could lose any number of its remaining games if it can't get out of the slump it's currently in.  To cite the numbers, again, it won every game in the first part of the season by a 2-digit margin except for HSU (by eight points) and MC (by two points).  In the last two weeks, it has struggled against "easy" teams; it won against UMHB by 8 and against Schreiner by just 6.  The Lady Indians can't afford to become complacent at this point, because none of their opponents will be.
Alacumba!

rimrocker

Actually CalHSU, if HSU goes to the conf. tourney as the West's #2 seed it wouldn't play MC first.  The West's #4 seed would.  HSU would play the East's #3 seed in the first round.

calhsu

Lets get this straight, if MCM loses to anyone other than HPU during the regular season, they are not in a slump they are having major team issues.  I am not saying that is true,  because I don't think them losing to HSU is such a great surprise.

Losing to a team other than the top four  would be a really terrible sign.  The other day I took a look at the regions records in the south.  At the bottom of the barrell are several ASC teams.   Face it, the rest of the teams in the ASC are really bad.  

I do know this kind of thinking lead to HSU's football team losing to TLU,  as painful as it is to remember that.
But everyone knows girls are smarter than guys.

calhsu

Thanks for that information.   But it still seems that eventually the #2 from the west would play the #1 east before they would play the #1 from the west.