FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Guilford freshman QB Pawlowski will definitely get better as he gets more games under his belt.  W&L's triple option was effective and the Generals deserved the win.  There were a few phantom calls by the refs against the Quakers (roughing the kicker and a late hit), but they didn't affect the outcome.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Surprising outcome in DC today!

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on September 29, 2012, 11:13:15 PM
Guilford freshman QB Pawlowski will definitely get better as he gets more games under his belt.  W&L's triple option was effective and the Generals deserved the win.  There were a few phantom calls by the refs against the Quakers (roughing the kicker and a late hit), but they didn't affect the outcome.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Surprising outcome in DC today!

Hasa I loved your tv play by play guys. They were a riot. As for the roughing the kicker, they called it running into the kicker, not roughing, and I couldn't tell over the computer if the guy touched him or not. Your boys looked better, I'll give them that. Will be interested to see how they do against the lower tier of the ODAC this year. They should be competitive at the very least if not win a conf game or two. Lots of underclassmen playing, hopefully they will stick around.

ECU

The guilford kids always play hard. Barnette's football knowledge is limited to the plays he learned as a player and those plays are ineffective.

ECU

Guilford's defense also played hard but they are never in a position to make stops.  Rusiewicz has not been able to stop any offense he has faced. His defensive schemes don't match up against the offensive styles he faces. There is no gap control on his fronts and the linebackers aren't playing proper assignments. That is why the pitch man was never covered and the inside dive was so successful. The strong passing teams will exploit the weaknesses in the coverage schemes that the Guilford coaching staff will use. Time will tell.

jknezek

Well it was a nice week or two break, but I see the non-stop, multiple post, complaining has returned. Guilford is better this year than last. What more can you ask of a coach in his second year that took over a winless program? They just aren't going to be very good right off the bat but progress is being made.

hasanova

W&L won 63-0 last year and 42-21 this season.  That's a 42 point swing.

tigerfanalso

HSC laid an egg on Saturday. We'll see if they can pick themselves up and play football. Very uninspiring effort against CU.

wesleydad

hampden and bridgewater fans.  i will be heading down to your neck of the woods this weekend to catch the bridgewater homecoming game against hampden.  what are your thoughts on the game?  hampden has struggled lately and while bridgewater is undefeated they dont seem to have played the toughest schedule so far.  i am friends with the stone station gang and will be hanging with them.  if you are at the game stop by and say hi, i will be easy to find since i will surely be the only one wearing a wesley jersey.

jknezek

If H-SC plays to their potential they should win. As for Bridgewater, they have played 4 teams that have 5 wins between them, mostly over each other. I don't think we have any idea if they are any good or not. Personally I think their schedule was so weak that playing H-SC is going to be the equivalent of getting punched in the mouth after a month of pillow fights. It could be very shocking. H-SC has to be angry after the last two weeks. I think they came in to the ODAC schedule feeling like, even with the loss to Huntingdon, this was going to be an easy year. I don't think that will happen again.

Llamaguy

Quote from: jknezek on October 02, 2012, 08:40:21 PM
If H-SC plays to their potential they should win. As for Bridgewater, they have played 4 teams that have 5 wins between them, mostly over each other. I don't think we have any idea if they are any good or not. Personally I think their schedule was so weak that playing H-SC is going to be the equivalent of getting punched in the mouth after a month of pillow fights. It could be very shocking. H-SC has to be angry after the last two weeks. I think they came in to the ODAC schedule feeling like, even with the loss to Huntingdon, this was going to be an easy year. I don't think that will happen again.

Records and strength of schedule can be thrown out in this one. Bridgewater dominated the Sydney series 2000 - 2005, just as Sydney has dominated it in the last 5 years. I just see this as a little crack in the Sydney armor. Mighty BC couldn't sustain it forever as I doubt Sydney will either. On paper Sydney wins, but we know what that means. It's Homecoming at BC and Hampden-Sydney week, every past Bridgewater football player knows what that means. The worm may be turnin' in the ODAC, come Saturday afternoon we will see if Bridgewater is for real or just playing inspired ball against inferior teams.
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

jknezek

LLamaguy I hope you're right. I know these two teams have a history, and I hope that makes for a good football game. Objectively, looking at what we know so far, I just don't think we have any idea if Bridgewater is good or not. Something will be learned this weekend.

abnrgr

Records and strength of schedule can be thrown out in this one. Bridgewater dominated the Sydney series 2000 - 2005, just as Sydney has dominated it in the last 5 years. I just see this as a little crack in the Sydney armor. Mighty BC couldn't sustain it forever as I doubt Sydney will either. On paper Sydney wins, but we know what that means. It's Homecoming at BC and Hampden-Sydney week, every past Bridgewater football player knows what that means. The worm may be turnin' in the ODAC, come Saturday afternoon we will see if Bridgewater is for real or just playing inspired ball against inferior teams

Llamaguy is 100% on TGT with this analysis. These teams just plain do not like each other. Over the years alot of people sat at home with 9-1 records. It's natural that schedules be damned in this series. This is why I am going with home. Some helmet paint is going to be shared
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

tigerfanalso

making the assumption HSC actually plays inspired football this week, I think the game will be close. If the HSC team from last week shows up, it will be no contest. I hoping the team that played CNU shows up . We'll find out at 1pm on Saturday.

DGPugh

llamaguy- i pray u and yours r well
keep the faith and Spit Happens
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

jknezek

Finally got around to reading the Around the Region feature on W&L's Luke Heinsohn. Another really nice article about a great young man playing in the ODAC. This recent generation of W&L players has just been incredibly special to the program and I can only hope that the young men that follow them can live up to the standards and example that they have set.