MBB: Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Nikki, March 03, 2005, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiejohn

Fram beat FSC last night by 2, that was a big loss for FSC. now FSC and Salem are tied for first with two games to play

jamiejohn

Salem take the regular seaosn title again, but how about mcla beating Westfield state today. thats a bad one

bballtall

I checked out that FSC/BSC game last night.  A kid from Framingham named Josie Amodovar put on quite a skeptical at the beginning of the game.  After 3 mins into the game he flipped out  by slamming the ball on the floor 2x and screaming at 2 teammates of his own on the bench.  The teammates were encouraging him to hustle back on defense but he simply showed no effort.  What a lack of hustle.  The kid missed a shot and just decided not to spirnt back on defense on 3 consecutive posessions.  FSC called a time-out and the Amodovar kid left the gymnasium and took off his jersey.  He then returned back to the bench after 5 minutes went by.   That was a killer to the rest of the team and FSC lost focus.  FSC was the better team but Amodovar clearly has no respect for his teammates.  Very selfish!  Everytime Bridgewater went on a run was because he was out on the floor.  Rolland Millien the powerforward for Bridgewater had a field day on him!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jamiejohn

Worcester state starts the season 0-2 losing to becker and wpi, but they did get two big games from transfer maurice horton. he should be player of the year in the conference

leelowlang

Westfield looking like a veteran club ready to make a MASCAC 'chip run.

jamiejohn

this might be one of the best conferences in NE this year. Salem state just beat wpi, gordon and mit in 3 straight games, and beat bowdoin and psc already

Bridgewater just beat Wheaton and u mass Dartmouth

wsc is a tough team that can beat anyone, and Framingham State and fitchburg ST are also very good teams

ILive4This

So the North East Region Posters' Poll is back, if you are interested in participating, which clearly you are, please submit your polls to either my email or my message box here by 9pm mondays (so for this week tonight, sorry for the short notice).

Thanks

T990

Reserved Seat

What's the status of the injured players from Salem State?

Pat Coleman

Any readers here who are even thinking they might want to attend the Final Four should enter the City of Salem's contest: Free lodging, free tickets, admission to team banquet and VIP passes:

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

r.w. mcnickels

Here's a link with information on this weekend's games at F&M, including live video and audio:

F&M sectional info

Safe travels to all heading to Lancaster this weekend!  Should be a great set of games.

framinghamhoops

I know a lot of people don't believe in the MASCAC, but I just want to give this league some credit.  Last Year this league sent four teams to post Season.  Bridgewater and Salem State both reached the sweet 16 in D3 tourney and the league put up some impressive wins over top teams in New England.  I think it was one of the great years for the league.  Now teams like salem and Bridgewater are top top 25 in pre-season polls, I expect that this league will again make noise this year.  Good Luck to the league and it should be a wild and fun year.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Bridgewater and Salem both played well and the MASCAC seems to be improving over recent years, however, the ECAC does not count as "post-season" basketball.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

framinghamhoops

Salem State has a lot of new players, but they are really good.  They should be at the top of the mascac again.