FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river

The Hardin-Simmons Cowboys appear to be loaded, with most of their starters returning, and out for revenge for the 58-34 loss last year when Willamette racked up 727 yards against the 'Boys.  The Bearcats look to be heavy underdogs this year and need to keep it close for a chance to win it at the end.

Hardin-Simmons Set For Season Opener In Oregon

According to the H-S Website:
"A Hardin-Simmons loss would...
• be the second straight loss to Willamette in the season opener.
• be the first time since 1961 and 1962 that HSU lost back-to-back sesaon openers.
• mark the first time HSU lost on the road in a season opener since a 31-21 loss to UW-Stout in 2003."

Go Bearcats!

D O.C.

Good to see river back.
I'm going out on a 2 foot by 3 foot limb and say my team will handle HSU and Willamette in a business like manner. They will protect the ball in the playoffs and be beaten by only by the best team.
The defense will win a game or two.

We expect to win.

Tyler Steele is my main man.

swede

Glad to have ya back river :).  I want to see the your cats beat HSU, but then again I don't want to play in their house with them coming off a loss

swede

Why does a Proctologist use two fingers?

umhb2001

Quote from: swede on September 05, 2013, 04:57:21 PM

Same reason a chicken crosses the road?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

umhb2001

Quote from: river on September 05, 2013, 03:29:29 AM
The Hardin-Simmons Cowboys appear to be loaded, with most of their starters returning, and out for revenge for the 58-34 loss last year when Willamette racked up 727 yards against the 'Boys.  The Bearcats look to be heavy underdogs this year and need to keep it close for a chance to win it at the end.

• be the first time since 1961 and 1962 that HSU lost back-to-back sesaon openers.
• mark the first time HSU lost on the road in a season opener since a 31-21 loss to UW-Stout in 2003."

Go Bearcats!

The way I see it, HSU is gunning for you. They are hard to beat twice, believe me, and they will be prepared for all NW teams. If I wasn't so interested in my own game, I'd love to be there for the Linfield game!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

swede

Quote from: umhb2001 on September 05, 2013, 05:00:20 PM

Same reason a chicken crosses the road?
A. To get a second opinion

bluenote

(509)Rat

because patients have autonomy and WC11 requested it in my office?

(509)Rat

And to the commenter on the blog who said you don't even know if I'm a male...

I played for Whitworth, not Willamette...

D O.C.

speedybigboy

Quote from: (509)Rat on September 05, 2013, 07:16:33 PM
And to the commenter on the blog who said you don't even know if I'm a male...

+K

desertcat1

Quote from: (509)Rat on September 05, 2013, 07:16:33 PM

I smell a RAT... :P

Go Cats
Go BIG D  :-*
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Toby Taff

Quote from: umhb2001 on September 05, 2013, 05:04:11 PM
Quote from: river on September 05, 2013, 03:29:29 AM

Go Bearcats!

The way I see it, HSU is gunning for you. They are hard to beat twice, believe me, and they will be prepared for all NW teams. If I wasn't so interested in my own game, I'd love to be there for the Linfield game!
Are you making the trip to Kean? If not you can probably access the HSU wireless from the stadium. I've watched many a Cru ballgame sitting in the HSU visitors stands. ;D
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.