MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on June 29, 2020, 01:39:06 PM
Augustana 20-21 schedule has been posted.

https://athletics.augustana.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2020-21

Disappointing to say the least that UWSP isn't playing Augustana this year.  I wonder what happened considering they have been playing each other for quite awhile now.

Greek Tragedy

That is disappointing and interesting. Augie did find room to play three other WIAC teams. They seemed to have a nice rivalry going even though they seemed to beat Point every time they played in the regular season.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on June 29, 2020, 04:45:03 PM
That is disappointing and interesting. Augie did find room to play three other WIAC teams. They seemed to have a nice rivalry going even though they seemed to beat Point every time they played in the regular season.

I wonder if it is just looking to rotate teams and schedules a bit. Sometimes the schedule gets a bit stale and maybe they were looking for something new.

Or maybe UWSP decided to look a different direction?

There are so many possibilities with these things. I know UWSP fans or others were upset that UST dropped them from the schedule ... but the fact UST didn't have enough games for all those interested in playing them caused UST to have to make some tough decisions. There are sometimes other factors at play.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

And, of course, it's all up in the air at the moment, anyway, as to how this season's schedules will shake out due to the coronavirus situation. We're starting to talk about that now over on the CCIW football board, where the potential fallout is much more imminent. If, as seems to be the case with a lot of D3 schools, CCIW institutions are discussing putting travel restrictions upon their athletic teams for this fall and winter, a game between Augustana and UWSP might've been a no-go, anyway.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI - from what I've learned ... the lack of a UWSP game wasn't exactly an Augustana decision.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Whatever the case, I guess it's not a huge deal and it is nice to see new opponents. Stevens Point isn't too much further than La Crosse for Augie. Besides, they've also met in Wisconsin Dells before. I suppose based on recent results, I just want to play CCIW teams in the postseason anyway.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Mr. Ypsi

While this board has gone nearly dormant, I still consider "CCIW Chat" to be my home.  So with sadness I announce that as of Tuesday morning, out beloved dog Shelby will be no more.  She had a good life (and by large dog standards a long life - we adopted her when she was full-grown, but from her third shelter, so no birth records existed - both the shelter and our vet thought she was 3, which would make her 15.) 

She now sometimes collapses for no apparent reason, has almost stopped eating, etc.  Unfortunately we can't enter her brain to know if she thinks life is still worth living, but her coughing fits SEEM painful, and she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  Tomorrow I'm buying her a steak for her last meal.  RIP, Shelby. :(

NCF

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on July 05, 2020, 10:51:23 PM
While this board has gone nearly dormant, I still consider "CCIW Chat" to be my home.  So with sadness I announce that as of Tuesday morning, out beloved dog Shelby will be no more.  She had a good life (and by large dog standards a long life - we adopted her when she was full-grown, but from her third shelter, so no birth records existed - both the shelter and our vet thought she was 3, which would make her 15.) 

She now sometimes collapses for no apparent reason, has almost stopped eating, etc.  Unfortunately we can't enter her brain to know if she thinks life is still worth living, but her coughing fits SEEM painful, and she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  Tomorrow I'm buying her a steak for her last meal.  RIP, Shelby. :(

Awww, that's so sad. Worst part about owning a pet, is knowing when it's time to say good-bye.  :'( :'(
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

iwu70

Sorry Ypsi.  Pets are truly part of the family, quite often.

Hope all the chatsters here are staying safe and well.  Let's hope somehow we have a basketball season upcoming.

IWU'70

Mr. Ypsi

Shelby went across 'the rainbow bridge' at 11:10 this morning.

We are pretty sure we made the right decision to prevent further pain, but who can ever know for sure?

It sure is quiet around here tonight, and Mister Fred, the cat, is looking a bit mystified.

RogK

Mr. Ypsi, I think your decision was the kindest choice available.
I'm writing under the influence of about two-thirds of a mushroom and spinach pizza and roughly 8.7 fl oz of a red blend, but I'd bet you provided Shelby the dog with a pretty nice life.

iwu70

Sorry, Ypsi.  Hard decision I'm sure.

Our family had so many beloved pets during my upbringing in small towns all over Central IL.  Dogs, cats and assorted others.  They we all grand, in their own way, several following me all over town on my bike, during paper delivery days. Small town life was good, even as a much-watched preacher's kid.  :)   

Hope you and all the family are safe and well.  Let's hope somehow we have a basketball season to follow this academic year.  I'm not that optimistic. 

All best from deeply troubled, even traumatised Hong Kong.

IWU'70

augiefan

Although not a basketball topic, it seems appropriate to mention here that Augie's legendary football coach Bob Reade passed away on July 5th at age 87.

markerickson

Coach Reade...deployer of the mighty wishbone instead of today's pass-happy offenses.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.