BB: 2018 Harwich (New England) Regional: Whitehouse Field, Harwich, Mass.

Started by Ralph Turner, May 07, 2018, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

The bracket will be announced on May 14, 2018.

Hosted by Mass. Maritime

KSCfan

New England Teams that are in on autobids:

Castleton- NAC
Mitchell- NECC
Babson- NEMWAC
Suffolk-GNAC
CCC- Salve or WNEC
Little East- Day 2 of the tournament
NESCAC- Getting under way Tufts, Amherst, Bates or Wes 

LEC looking maybe two teams with UMB and Southern Maine nationally ranked.  Babson was getting votes but won NEWMAC and got automatic. 

I know I missed a league who was it?  Who do you guys think will get shipped out?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: KSCfan on May 10, 2018, 12:32:11 PM
New England Teams that are in on autobids:

Castleton- NAC
Mitchell- NECC
Babson- NEMWAC
Suffolk-GNAC
CCC- Salve or WNEC
Little East- Day 2 of the tournament
NESCAC- Getting under way Tufts, Amherst, Bates or Wes 

LEC looking maybe two teams with UMB and Southern Maine nationally ranked.  Babson was getting votes but won NEWMAC and got automatic. 

I know I missed a league who was it?  Who do you guys think will get shipped out?
MASCAC - Westfield State

KSCfan

The New England region has been invaded by out of region teams!

Oswego/keystone/Ramapo/Penn State Berk all are up on the cape with USM/Amherst/Westfield in NY and Babson and Castleton in Penn.

Seems like a big mix in the regional s this year.  It seemed like in years past usually they would try to keep teams in region to cut down on travel costs and what not, but this year seems more mixed up than ever.  I kind of like the ability to see some new teams that you dont normally get to see, so I am excited for the region.  Obviously I am LEC biased so go UMB and USM in NY.  Be cool to get two LEC teams in the world series. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: KSCfan on May 14, 2018, 07:52:16 AM

Oswego/keystone/Ramapo/Penn State Berk all are up on the cape with USM/Amherst/Westfield in NY and Babson and Castleton in Penn.

Seems like a big mix in the regional s this year.  It seemed like in years past usually they would try to keep teams in region to cut down on travel costs and what not, but this year seems more mixed up than ever.  I kind of like the ability to see some new teams that you dont normally get to see, so I am excited for the region.  Obviously I am LEC biased so go UMB and USM in NY.  Be cool to get two LEC teams in the world series.
As I understand it, travel cost for bus miles are just a variable expense. Leasing the bus and hotel costs are pretty much the same.

I love mixing up the regions when it is possible. It helps us figure out the relative strengths of the various conferences.

I would think that LEC teams would like to get away from one another and beat up on non-New England teams.

hockeyfan77

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 14, 2018, 12:36:04 PM
Quote from: KSCfan on May 14, 2018, 07:52:16 AM

As I understand it, travel cost for bus miles are just a variable expense. Leasing the bud and hotel costs are pretty much the same.

I love mixing up the regions when it is possible. It helps us figure out the relative strengths of the various conferences.

I would think that LEC teams would like to get away from one another and beat up on non-New England teams.

I'm all for avoiding UMass Boston at the moment! There realisticly could be 3 teams from New England doing some serious damage:Babson is a quality team, as there 25-3(2 of those losses were to Boston and USM) record to end the season should indicate...

KSCfan

Viva New England!!  Anyone know when the last time two or more teams from the same region played in the WS?  I dont remember two new england teams doing it yet, but i am probably wrong

Jim Dixon

Quote from: KSCfan on May 15, 2018, 08:31:32 AM
Viva New England!!  Anyone know when the last time two or more teams from the same region played in the WS?  I dont remember two new england teams doing it yet, but i am probably wrong

Mass-Boston has given Berks their first loss in three straight tournaments.  Someone give the lions a break and send them to a different regional

KSCfan

Two games of the New England Regional were moved to UMB/BC high field.  Anyone know why?  Works out well for the Beacons to open up tournament play at home

Ralph Turner

Quote from: KSCfan on May 17, 2018, 11:59:16 AM
Two games of the New England Regional were moved to UMB/BC high field.  Anyone know why?  Works out well for the Beacons to open up tournament play at home
There was a rain delay this AM. Might they have moved the games to stay on schedule?

hockeyfan77

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 17, 2018, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: KSCfan on May 17, 2018, 11:59:16 AM
There was a rain delay this AM. Might they have moved the games to stay on schedule?

Probably, according to the NWS it's pretty much supposed to rain on the Cape till Sunday...Wonderful New England weather!