FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Quote from: dlip on July 15, 2014, 02:06:02 PM
It is important to realize that there are alwAys two sides to any story and in this one there were many who did witness the first part. However there is no question there was poor judgement by all involved (Dlip not necessary talking down to anyone here because he has made plenty of poor judgements in his life). Dlip likes you point Lew, especially the last one.

This does bring up a question though: should student athletes be held to a higher moral standard than others? Would/should any coach be ok with their players gang banging a drunk chick even if she was calling for it by name? Obviously this opens up a can or worms but Dlip thinks it is a valid question. Dlip for one would not be ok with it for many reasons. Admittedly for more professional/program than necessarily moral. Interesting situation.

I think players should be held to a higher standard (or whatever standard the coach wants to set).  Many teams have "conduct" rules which players are accountable for.  Consensual group sex might be ok if it doesn't get out.  Videotaping it in a public place?  Not ok.

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Jonny Utah

Quote from: ITH radio on July 16, 2014, 08:00:11 AM
http://m.fltimes.com/news/article_78e27ce8-0c2a-11e4-a547-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

GPD defends investigation....

The only think I'm questioning is why the police didn't get the rape kit from the hospital, I've never heard of the hospital keeping a police rape kit for "civil needs".

I'm also looking at the initial investigation where police talked to witnesses and suspects.   I assume if those witnesses described a rape, the police wouldn't need a victim to pursue an arrest.

It also looks like the school did the right thing, except I would think students videotaping a sex act in a public place would be disciplined, especially football players.

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on July 16, 2014, 10:21:10 AM
http://m.fltimes.com/news/article_78e27ce8-0c2a-11e4-a547-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

The only think I'm questioning is why the police didn't get the rape kit from the hospital, I've never heard of the hospital keeping a police rape kit for "civil needs".

I'm also looking at the initial investigation where police talked to witnesses and suspects.   I assume if those witnesses described a rape, the police wouldn't need a victim to pursue an arrest.

It also looks like the school did the right thing, except I would think students videotaping a sex act in a public place would be disciplined, especially football players.

The story says videos were taken but then never mentions them again.  Wouldn't videos be a huge factor here proving what went down?  I think there is a lot of fluff in the Times story.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: LewDogg11 on July 16, 2014, 10:26:36 AM
Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on July 16, 2014, 10:21:10 AM

The story says videos were taken but then never mentions them again.  Wouldn't videos be a huge factor here proving what went down?  I think there is a lot of fluff in the Times story.

Oh yea, but it also says the police did an initial investigation, (without lawyers for the suspects/witnesses), which I assume would have mentioned the videotaping of the incident.  The Times article also mentioned that her "friend" saw the incident with people videotaping it.  Now that doesn't make too much sense to me either.  Did this friend just happen to go look for her and suddenly find her still being sexually assaulted?  Did the friend tell the Times this or the police?  Someone supposedly identified a football player as one of the persons involved. 

On the other hand, I don't see how the school can have a hearing (according to the NYT) 12 days after the incident, when a police investigation hasn't even been done yet.

I also doubt Coach Cragg would let something this serious go unnoticed.  This guy has a solid reputation, as does the football program.  Things like this can happen anywhere (do you notice that all the schools on that list are the nations top academic institutions?), but I tend to side with Cragg on this one.

ITH radio

pumkinattack

This is a blog that lacks facts and is a joke.  The post is ridiculous. 

Worse than the idiots who responded to the my times story.  The same dying business that convicted the Duke lacrosse players based on nothing close to facts and touted ther Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who was found to have ripped off his writing.

Nice try though.  In a serious situation anyone who posts trash like this deserves the clownshoes.  God forbid real victims and real problem be addressed, but let's use idiotic rhetoric and preschool heuristics when discussing a real world matter.  The poster who posted this ga less blog should be ashamed of themself but thatwould require shame to be a characteristic possible is such person.  You have no clue and deserve nothing more than this post.

Whatever my football related grievances, justified or not, this is a pathetic post by a gutless person who has no skin in the game and therefore deserves no credible forum.  I leave it to the rest of this board to decide if this clowns post deserves any better.

ITH radio

dlippiel

Congrats to the folllowing Liberty League players for being selected as d3.football.com preseason All Americans:

1st Team: DE- Tyre Coleman, Sr., Hobart, K- Andrew Franks, Sr., RPI

2nd Team: T- Ali Marpet, Sr., Hobart

D3viewer

"Ali Marpet " ? Didn't he turn pro ?

dlippiel

The Union College Football Dutchmen 2014 camp will begin this week (thanks counselor!). dlip can't wait to get down and watch the progression of what he feels will be a very competitive Dutchmen squad this season. Please come down and show the Dutch some support if you have the time (and pop over and say hello if you do).

lewdogg11

Quote from: dlip on August 14, 2014, 09:10:04 AM
The Union College Football Dutchmen 2014 camp will begin this week (thanks counselor!). dlip can't wait to get down and watch the progression of what he feels will be a very competitive Dutchmen squad this season. Please come down and show the Dutch some support if you have the time (and pop over and say hello if you do).

Hey Dlip, i'll catch you down there...

dlippiel

Quote from: LewDogg11 on August 14, 2014, 03:46:15 PM
Quote from: dlip on August 14, 2014, 09:10:04 AM

Hey Dlip, i'll catch you down there...

dlip is actually close to you right now Lew. He's on the Cape! Dlip loves it out here!

dlippiel

The first write up for the Union College Football Dutchmen 2014 season is up on dlip's blog! Check it out. Much more to come!

www.dlipthedutchman.blogspot.com