FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderguy

Keep rolling Cats good luck on Saturday.

Since I am notorious for riding on two wagons every year I would humbly request the use of your band wagon for one of my feet. ;D
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

RedandPurple

For all you coming in for the Linfield game on Saturday here is the link http://www.linfield.edu/sports/visitors-guide/visitors-guide-home.html to the visitors guide provided by Scott Carnahan. It includes directions to the college, hotels, dining, and much more. Also, most if not all car rental agencies offer cars with GPS systems installed. Type in Linfield College or McMinnville and you'll get turn by turn instructions day or night rain or shine. :)
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

MonroviaCat

Quote from: scandihoovian on November 24, 2009, 01:02:53 PM
I know this is a bit belated, but in the category of better late than never...

I was hoping for a different outcome, but wanted to extend congratulations to the Wildcats on their first round win over the Kingsmen.  I didn't make the trip, but I've talked to a few folks who did, and they came away extremely impressed with the Cats.  

Sounds like the OxyBob.com forecast was correct - Cal Lu was more of a game control team this year, and when they got down big early it was too much to overcome.  I am looking forward to the rematch next September down here in Thousand Oaks - I'll guarantee a gay day temp between 75-108.  ;)

Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way, we'll be pulling for our west coast brethren, hopefully for several weeks to come!
fixed--summer doesn't end till November down here :)
Go Cats!

dutchfan1

Man, I'm jealous -- would have LOVED to see a Central/Linfield rematch this year. (Darn UMHB!) ;) 'Cats, prepare for one hell of a game -- these guys are good -- very quick, and very well coached.

Will the game be webcast anywhere? Where can I find the link?
A pessimist is a man who feels that all women are bad. An optimist hopes so.

spiritof86

the game will not be webcast because the athletic dept is too cheap to pony up.
Saturday will be the most epic tailgate ever, especially if my wife gives birth under the Quick-Shade.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: dutchfan1 on November 24, 2009, 02:37:45 PM
Man, I'm jealous -- would have LOVED to see a Central/Linfield rematch this year. (Darn UMHB!) ;) 'Cats, prepare for one hell of a game -- these guys are good -- very quick, and very well coached.

Will the game be webcast anywhere? Where can I find the link?

There will be an audiocast see:  http://www.stretchinternet.com/linschedule.html but as Spirit already pointed out--no video.
Go Cats!

D O.C.

Quotebut as Spirit so tactfully already pointed out--no video.

RedandPurple

Quote from: scandihoovian on November 24, 2009, 01:02:53 PM
I know this is a bit belated, but in the category of better late than never...

I was hoping for a different outcome, but wanted to extend congratulations to the Wildcats on their first round win over the Kingsmen.  I didn't make the trip, but I've talked to a few folks who did, and they came away extremely impressed with the Cats.  

Sounds like the OxyBob.com forecast was correct - Cal Lu was more of a game control team this year, and when they got down big early it was too much to overcome.  I am looking forward to the rematch next September down here in Thousand Oaks - I'll guarantee a gay day temp between 75-88.  ;)

Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way, we'll be pulling for our west coast brethren, hopefully for several weeks to come!

scandihoovian:
Thanks for the congrats to our Wildcats. In your post you said, "I am looking forward to the rematch next September down here in Thousand Oaks - I'll guarantee a gay day temp between 75-88.;)" Just what is a "...gay day temp..."? :)
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

D O.C.

Quote" Just what is a "...gay day temp..."?

I think that's a question for OxyBob. I mean he does live there. But it makes me rethink him saying "It's a hot time in the old town tonight" when he answers the phone.  :D

wildcat11

Good News!  The UMHB and Linfield game will be broadcasted free.  Thanks to Spirit of 86 for breaking this news via his twitter feed.

http://www.linfield.edu/sports/release.php?id=3209

Videocast:  By popular request, a live video broadcast stream is being been made available free of charge…the subscription fee normally charged during the regular season is being waived…the videocast features rooftop and sideline camera angles, as well as instant replay…it also includes the live audio of the Linfield radio broadcast.

crudbdad

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 24, 2009, 06:26:40 PM
Good News!  The UMHB and Linfield game will be broadcasted free.

Videocast:  By popular request, a live video broadcast stream is being been made available free of charge...the subscription fee normally charged during the regular season is being waived...the videocast features rooftop and sideline camera angles, as well as instant replay...it also includes the live audio of the Linfield radio broadcast.

Thanks for the info.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 24, 2009, 06:26:40 PM
Good News!  The UMHB and Linfield game will be broadcasted free.  Thanks to Spirit of 86 for breaking this news via his twitter feed.

Videocast:  By popular request, a live video broadcast stream is being been made available free of charge...the subscription fee normally charged during the regular season is being waived...the videocast features rooftop and sideline camera angles, as well as instant replay...it also includes the live audio of the Linfield radio broadcast.

SweEEEEEEEEEET!
Go Cats!

LuavilleCat

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!

To the good folks who managed to convince the powers-to-be to give us free video.... This Cat is for YOU!!!

CATS SHINE IN 09
Lost in things I love most: the Universe, a good woman, and LINFIELD FOOTBALL

dutchfan1

Quote from: LuavilleCat on November 24, 2009, 06:44:58 PM
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!

To the good folks who managed to convince the powers-to-be to give us free video.... This Cat is for YOU!!!

CATS SHINE IN 09

Ditto -- thanks for making this work! Good luck to both teams this weekend....
A pessimist is a man who feels that all women are bad. An optimist hopes so.

scandihoovian

Quote from: RedandPurple on November 24, 2009, 04:55:31 PM
scandihoovian:
Thanks for the congrats to our Wildcats. In your post you said, "I am looking forward to the rematch next September down here in Thousand Oaks - I'll guarantee a gay day temp between 75-88.;)" Just what is a "...gay day temp..."? :)

That, my friend, is a case of seriously unfortunate keyboarding... :D

Either that, or a case of trying to get away with working and posting at the same time.  In no way was I trying to predict how warm a certain percentage of the population might be at any given time.

And MonroviaCat, you guys might hit 108 in the San Gabriel Valley in September, but out here in Thousand Oaks, where the ocean breezes sneak over the Santa Monicas and push all our smog your direction (on its way to Redlands), we don't usually see temps above 100 in mid September.  Now that I've said that, it will probably be a total cooker, and Wildcat nation will find itself crammed into the six rows of seats on the visitors side of Mt Clef stadium, staring into the sun.  8)

Again, I hope the Cats have a lot of good football ahead before they need to worry about the weather down south.