FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OxyBob

Quote from: scandihoovian on September 10, 2010, 08:29:13 PM
nothing in the SCIAC beats watching a last minute game winning score from in front of the snack shack at Mt. Clef. 

Or watching the 59-yard game-winning FG go just under the crossbar, or the 30-yard game-tying FG go wide left in a driving rainstorm.

OxyBob

D O.C.

rainstorm

Momentary thundershower of great repercussion, wouldn't you say?

Kingsmen4

Quote from: OxyBob on September 10, 2010, 09:05:49 PM
nothing in the SCIAC beats watching a last minute game winning score from in front of the snack shack at Mt. Clef. 

Or watching the 59-yard game-winning FG go just under the crossbar, or the 30-yard game-tying FG go wide left in a driving rainstorm.

OxyBob

Might have been wide left from your viewpoint behind the goalposts... but from the holder's perspective it went directly over the right upright, and in my eyes I had no doubt it was good.

Kingsmen4

Quote from: BULLDOGALUM52 on September 10, 2010, 06:38:28 PM
Ill chime in on this "best stadium talk":
In my most unbiased opinion, Ted Runner hands down.... ;)

K4- I think you are 2-2 against UofR correct?

Its kind of interesting, we lost to CU freshmen year at Mt. Clef in 2005
Beat you guys in the Runner w/ Danny Jones on your team in 2006
Beat you guys again at Mt. Clef (that year we went to the Playoffs thanks to Whittier) in 2007
Lost to you guys in the Runner 2008, your short passing game killed us...and I got kicked out of the game for punching a guy in the helmet after he sucker punched my groin...funny thing about that was that I was his host when he was a recruit at Redlands....

Anyways, worst stadium has to be Pomona Pitzers...

Hopefully CU can beat up on Linfield...So  Redlands can beat up on Whitworth and establish the SCIAC as a reputable conference nationally.... Go DOGS!

Nihon- I really cant say much, you guys beat us....fair and square....although I am still missing some money, happen to know where it is? Maybe your locker rooms? haha, cheap shot I know, its all i got!

Unfortunately I will not be at the Redlands game, I'll be at the USC game, tailgating at 12!

Anyways good luck again to all the teams playing this weekend!

1.) Pomona's Stadium would be awesome... if it wasn't so HOT, breezeless, and BORINGLY quiet. I think the tree is great though ... classic D3 stadium component.

2.) The game at Runner Soph year was a killer, kept us out of the playoffs and you were the underdog I think that was a down year for you. The following year we were the underdog and lived up to it... missed Jericho in that one - I think your D outscored our O. Senior year is for some reason all I care about and remember when it comes to Redlands... in my book that game made me feel like we never lost to you guys! BTW you got ejected?? I had no idea...  ;D ;D

OxyBob

Quote from: Kingsmen4 on September 10, 2010, 10:54:41 PM
Might have been wide left from your viewpoint behind the goalposts... but from the holder's perspective it went directly over the right upright, and in my eyes I had no doubt it was good.

Play-by-Play Summary
2008 Cal Lutheran Football
#18 Occidental vs Cal Lutheran (Nov 01, 2008 at Thousand Oaks, CA)
99-Jackson Damron field goal attempt from 30 MISSED - wide left, spot at OXY12, clock 00:00.

OxyBob

Gig Harbor Cat

MacQuiz

"THE METTLE'S IN THE MEN!"

Gray Fox

Not having an actual roster will save lots on travel costs for the Bulldogs.  I'm not sure how it will do to the win loss records. :P
Fierce When Roused

D O.C.

"Ring-ring.....ring-ring....!
Would somebody please answer the phone!?!?!?

Oh! somebody answered the phone at 9:30 PM alright and now Wildcat11 is going to triple nugey me when he finds me at the game. GHC musta pushed the phone towards his bed when he was brushing his teeth.

scandihoovian

Quote from: OxyBob on September 10, 2010, 09:05:49 PM

OxyBob

I knew OB wouldn't be able to resist that one, and don't let him fool you.  He stands across the field from the snack stand, which is apparently the best place to focus all of your element bending powers to either stop the prevailing wind or summon random October thunder showers...

Quote from: OxyBob on September 11, 2010, 02:00:51 AM
Quote from: Kingsmen4 on September 10, 2010, 10:54:41 PM

Play-by-Play Summary
99-Jackson Damron field goal attempt from 30 MISSED - wide left, spot at OXY12, clock 00:00.

OxyBob

I give K4 a pass on not remembering which upright, because I would have been in a state of shock too if I was holding for that kick.  Besides, a very reliable eye-witness, who lives in my house, was standing under the left upright, and he says it was good.  :P

OxyBob

Whittier's Anthony Pomponio has success in Europe...

QuotePomponio continues on the gridiron in Switzerland

Former Poet standout Anthony Pomponio captured league Offensive Most Valuable Player honors and was named to the All-Star Offense for the NLA in Switzerland during the 2010 season for the Basel Gladiators.

Pomponio was named to the All-SCIAC team during his time at Whittier and was also the Team's Most Valuable Player and Offensive MVP. He graduated in 2009 with a degree in Kinesiology.

During the 2010 season for the NLA, Pomponio rushed for a league-high 1328 yards on 143 carries in the regular season. He averaged an impressive 9.3 yards per rush, found the endzone 16 times and led the league in rushing yards per game at 132.8.

During his senior season at Whittier he rushed for 736 yards and scored eight times. He ranked second in the conference in yards per game (92.0).

Pomponio's future plans are still in the air, but he'd like to continue playing football.

"My future plans are to hopefully be playing in the Canadian Football League next year. I will start going to tryouts and combines at the end of the current CFL season."

Whittier doesn't open its season until next week at Azusa Pacific.

Article in the Ventura County Star about today's CLU-Linfield matchup:

QuoteCLU looks for a test in opener

Nothing against Sisters of the Poor, but Ben McEnroe doesn't want to play them.

The Cal Lutheran football coach prefers a tough non-conference schedule to prepare his team for Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play.

The Kingsmen will put that ethos on display today by hosting Linfield (Ore.) in the season opener at Mount Clef Stadium.

Linfield, ranked No. 4 by d3football.com, is the highest ranked opponent to play at CLU in the NCAA era. The Wildcats are also the last team to beat CLU, taking a victory in the first round of the NCAA Division III playoffs last year.

The only losses CLU suffered last year were to non-conference opponents at the beginning (Willamette, 20-13) and the end (Linfield, 38-17) of the season.

Linfield returns 15 starters, including All-Americans Drew Fisher and Paul Nishizaki on defense and senior quarterback Aaron Boehme on offense.

CLU junior quarterback Jake Laudenslayer is participating in his first game since playing at Mendocino College in 2008. Laudenslayer redshirted last season at Marshall before transferring to CLU.

Quote of the day: "Realistically, this game doesn't mean anything in our conference chase for the automatic qualifying spot for playoffs," McEnroe said.

Translation: "We are going to get smoked."

OxyBob

BULLDOGALUM52

So far the Bulldogs are up 6-3 at halftime...although ETBU held the ball for almost 20 minutes... they had 11 first downs and almost 200 total yards of offense. Both teams had a blocked punt. Bulldogs 0-4 in third down conversions...but EBTU has turned the ball over twice...2nd half underway...
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

BULLDOGALUM52

Touchdown Bulldogs! Great opening drive of the second half...Grandpa Selway to tha German Reuter! 14-3 Redlands!

Nihon Tiger

Quote from: OxyBob on September 11, 2010, 02:00:51 AM

Play-by-Play Summary
99-Jackson Damron field goal attempt from 30 MISSED - wide left, spot at OXY12, clock 00:00. Nihon Tiger throws hands up, runs/floats to center of field, hugs other players, coaches, trainers, ball boys, and innocent bystanders.

OxyBob

BULLDOGALUM52

Cramps are killing the Bulldogs....96% humidity isnt helping....Selway was out with a cramp and Chad Hurst comes in (a sophmore) and throws a couple of good passes that result in a touchdown! 21-3 Bulldogs!