FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingsmen4

Quote from: dahlby on November 08, 2010, 11:46:32 AM
IF they were to host, I would guess it to be at Moorpark College.
But, if money were to be a DECIDING factor, IF they were to play Linfield, it would probably be at Linfield, unless Cal Lu could rent the stadium for a nominal fee, which would make them more competative on the bid. What can Linfield seat vs. Moorpark' Stadium may also be a factor. IMHO

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would hate to see Cal Lu travel if in fact they do earn the home field advantage (I would prefer an hour drive to see the game over a flight), but at the end of the day who cares - just have to go out and compete for the W ... no matter where it is.

-Go LU

stoonk

Hey D.O.C. ----NOBODY tells me anything about "nothing" so I do not know where CLU will go for playoff game.That,s good because I do not want to be important enough to know these kind of things !!!

Hey D.O.C.---- DOES CLUKINGSMEN12 have long hair? I looked for the dude at Chapman game -----but did not see anybody resembling his post patterns LONG  locks.

The new CLU Stadium I can tell you will be a mighty fine football/soccer etc. facility.Saw the latest pictures and I like  the TALL clock tower best. Field turf to be the most current  available.
The contractor  made a guaranty the field to be ready for opening game 2011, but ground has not been broken yet as  the women soccer team is  using the site and  in playoffs.
KillerShark
You need not swim faster than a shark-Just faster than the person next to you !
Smuckers Peanut Butter and Jelly and Heinx Ketchup -Simply The Best !

CrashDavisD3

But, if money were to be a DECIDING factor, IF they were to play Linfield, it would probably be at Linfield, unless Cal Lu could rent the stadium for a nominal fee, which would make them more competative on the bid. What can Linfield seat vs. Moorpark' Stadium may also be a factor. IMHO

Linfield covered seating capacity is 2,250. When combined with portable seating, capacity is about 4,000.
http://www.linfield.edu/sports/sports-venues/maxwell-field.html
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

D O.C.

If CLU pays for Moorpark JC out of their own pocket then the NCAA might be kind. If the game is there does that mean that Mosier gets to come back?

stoonk, T12 looks like your valet parking attendant.   :D

OxyBob

Quote from: D O.C. on November 08, 2010, 02:31:22 PM
If CLU pays for Moorpark JC out of their own pocket then the NCAA might be kind.

Always love the speculation about scenarios which will never play out. CLU's stadium is too small by NCAA standards, right? So the game will be played at Linfield.

OxyBob

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: OxyBob on November 08, 2010, 02:41:41 PM
If CLU pays for Moorpark JC out of their own pocket then the NCAA might be kind.

Always love the speculation about scenarios which will never play out. CLU's stadium is too small by NCAA standards, right? So the game will be played at Linfield.

OxyBob
Agreed. NCAA prefers on campus facilities if possible...
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."

Kingsmen4

Quote from: OxyBob on November 08, 2010, 02:41:41 PM

OxyBob

Quote from: CrashDavisD3 on November 08, 2010, 02:22:48 PM

Linfield covered seating capacity is 2,250. When combined with portable seating, capacity is about 4,000.
http://www.linfield.edu/sports/sports-venues/maxwell-field.html

If portable seating was brought in to Mt. Clef to meet the standards in terms of capacity, why would that be different than the portable seating Linfield uses?

D O.C.

It's the surrounding fences too, 3 ten year-olds could be over them in 2 seconds, students 1.5.

CrashDavisD3

Bringing in portable seating is very expensive and fencing around the field. Will Cal Lu pay for this ?

Will the attendance be better at Linfield or Cal Lu ?

Which field is better for playoff football ?  Which Scoreboard, Venue amenities ?

NCAA takes in a lot of factors just not how many seats you have for a playoff for all sports.

If Cal Lu had they new football field in place with the needed seating capacity. I think they would get to host assuming they win their last game of the year. IF Cal Lu would add lights to the baseball facility they may get to host regional games also.

Kingsmen4

Quote from: D O.C. on November 08, 2010, 03:23:50 PM
It's the surrounding fences too, 3 ten year-olds could be over them in 2 seconds, students 1.5.

Again, portable at Linfield, I can remember them from the playoff game last year. How do you think we were on the field for the game??!!  ;D

Don't mind the spectacular catch, just check out the "fencing" in the background.

OxyBob

Quote from: Kingsmen4 on November 08, 2010, 03:03:28 PM
If portable seating was brought in to Mt. Clef to meet the standards in terms of capacity, why would that be different than the portable seating Linfield uses?

PC would know better than I, but I believe playoffs sites are awarded to the highest-seeded teams in each of the brackets, assuming that the higher seeded teams meet NCAA site criteria. In this case, CLU is the higher regionally-ranked team, so the Kingsmen should be able to host if Mt. Clef meets the selection committee's criteria. But Mt. Clef doesn't meet the criteria, right? Anyway, how would playing at Moorpark College (which isn't happening) help CLU? It isn't Linfield, I guess.

EDIT: One thing you can count on: Whatever decision is ultimately made by the NCAA, the SCIAC will be screwed. Guaranteed.

OxyBob

desertcat1

? Anyway, how would playing at Moorpark College (which isn't happening) help CLU? It isn't Linfield, I guess.

EDIT: One thing you can count on: Whatever decision is ultimately made by the NCAA, the SCIAC will be screwed. Guaranteed.

OxyBob
[/quote]

BOBBY my boy ,  8-)   it don't matter where the game is played......  CATDOME or CAL dome  ;D

The Wildcats will play 4 quarters this time ..  nothing will/can help CLU ..  :-*

Go Cats
Go Big D ..
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

OxyBob

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 08, 2010, 04:55:25 PM
The Wildcats will play 4 quarters this time ..  nothing will/can help CLU

I concur. I would not take CLU in a rematch no matter where the game is played.

OxyBob

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Kingsmen4 on November 08, 2010, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on November 08, 2010, 03:23:50 PM

Again, portable at Linfield, I can remember them from the playoff game last year. How do you think we were on the field for the game??!!  ;D

This isn't fencing to keep fans off the field that we're talking about. It's fencing to keep people from walking up and getting in for free.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kingsmen4

BOBBY my boy ,  8-)   it don't matter where the game is played......  CATDOME or CAL dome  ;D

The Wildcats will play 4 quarters this time ..  nothing will/can help CLU ..  :-*

Go Cats
Go Big D ..

should we meet again in the playoffs, good to know that your squad will show up for 4 quarters this time .... that's normally a necessity to win ball games. I mean its not like they had an entire off-season and a strong first half to build off of last time, right?  ;D ;D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=excuses%20are%20like%20assholes

Quote from: OxyBob on November 08, 2010, 04:36:49 PM

OxyBob
AGREED, probably very accurate.

Quote from: OxyBob on November 08, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
The Wildcats will play 4 quarters this time ..  nothing will/can help CLU

I concur. I would not take CLU in a rematch no matter where the game is played.

OxyBob

Would you take Claremont, or Menlo, or Chapman over Oxy ???

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 08, 2010, 05:19:41 PM
This isn't fencing to keep fans off the field that we're talking about. It's fencing to keep people from walking up and getting in for free.

Linfield's facilities are top notch, not arguing that. But the "fences" didn't do too good a job of that, and the NCAA officials milling around didn't either  ... Just saying ... I don't think the facility is what will force people to pay, even though it may help.