WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester1390

Well here at the lovely Mx in Terre haute wasting time to the game tonight for rose against franklin in the battle of the youngans    Hopefully the spacing and scoring will be like against Transylvania's.  They also keep the turnovers under 20

FCGrizzliesGrad

Under 3 1/2 minutes left and Rose finally on the board. 19-2 Franklin leads. 11 turnovers already. Not what the Engineers were hoping for after their recent performances.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Jester1390 on January 22, 2020, 03:53:28 PM
Well here at the lovely Mx in Terre haute wasting time to the game tonight for rose against franklin in the battle of the youngans    Hopefully the spacing and scoring will be like against Transylvania's.  They also keep the turnovers under 20
Were you referring to under 20 turnovers for the game or each quarter? ??? 13 turnovers in the 1st quarter.
I missed the first few minutes which seems like was the worst of it. Honestly other than the turnovers Rose didn't look that bad towards the end of the quarter. Just need the shots to start falling.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

From the Rose announcers: "A guard needs to get open... a guard needs to get open" - this was constantly being said both at the offensive end and inbounds after Franklin baskets.

I'm happy Franklin is doing well, but wow is Rose having a rough game. I can't count how many shots inside 5 feet Rose has missed.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

I said it earlier in the season, Rose needs to get off to better starts. Since spotting Franklin 19 points to begin, they've outscored the Grizzlies 34-30 late in the 3rd.
Franklin maybe a bit lazy in the 3rd with the comfortable lead. Like Rose, Franklin needs to work on their FT.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

67-50 Grizzlies win and remain in 3rd place in the conference. Franklin started up 19-0... Rose won the rest of the way 50-48.
Rose had 14 assists on 19 FG.

I liked Kahlan at the end of the game when she got involved... sharp passing, drive and kick out, take a few shots. She just needs to keep the fouls down so she can be out on the floor more. Her and Igiehon both only played 22 minutes and had 4 fouls while the other starters were all over 30 minutes.

Definitely tough right now knowing what they hopefully can become, but the good news for Rose... 6th place in the conference is only 3-6 so they're still just 2 games back. If they can show up in the 1st quarter of games they can get some wins and still have a shot at the conference tournament. Otherwise work towards next year when the bench is a bit bigger and everyone is a bit more experienced. The Franklin men were pretty much all freshman and sophomores a couple of years ago and had their struggles but now they're leading the conference.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Baldini

Defiance was in an early hole against Earlham, down double digits most of the first half. Kept battling and gained the lead in the 4th to go onto a 69-63 victory.

Jester1390

That first quarter was just beyond embarrassing good god how any of them played and excel in high school you would never know.  The school of the blind would make better passes.  How do you play guard your whole life but now you can't dribble. 

I told my kid you are all letting other teams impose their will on you.  Remeber when you were young we would always talk about breaking spirit of the other player.  Now you guys are having it done to you.  There was so much grabbing off the ball and just know calls. I stole her if you are going to get a ticky tack foul anyways   Get one for throwing a girl off of you    If they want to press up 20. Have the guard bring her girl to center court and bury her on a pick   Tell them you may beat us but damn it you are not breaking us

Simple things need to happen

1.nosa can't foulespecially dumb fouls and needs to stay on court
2.turnovers are ridiculous my kid gets 2 to 3 turnovers inbounding because guards don't move and lose defender
3.woody needs to shoot
4.jester needs to stay out of foul trouble they really struggle contain 3s when she is off the court

Then just my kid.  You can see how much better the offense is with the ball in her hand bringing it up the middle. She's my kid so take it for what it's worth. She grew up a point guard then shot to 6 ft so she should be a forward or shooting guard but this team needs her to help handle the ball. Let her run the point she sees the floor better then the other guards she is taller so she Can pass over the top.  She played with a girl who is 6'2 250 lbs who will break her high school scoring record and she will tell you a lot of them is because the kid k ones how to get the ball into the post

Lastly my kid need to shoot after a horrible start to the year at 3's she has rediscovered her stroke I think she is at 29 percent conference problem is she got in trouble sir shooting early in shot clock. So now she won't shoot early on clock even if it's there

Jester1390

I Also didn't mean to imply that kid doesn't f things up also   It just seems she has the best ability and know the offense that when she has the ball instead of waiting the offense runs better.  They should be looking g to pound it inside.  Nosa should be 20 and 10 every game with her ability.  Rose should be 10 pts every game.   Jester and woody also

The problem with turnovers it's just not one girl where you can start hey take a seat it's across the vboard. Sorry for ranting and rambling tired waiting at O'Hare for a plane ride home.  Bluffton Saturday have a bunch of family coming for the  fight cancer game. Hopefully they all decide to show up

FCGrizzliesGrad

Baldini 3-2     30-12
FCGG 3-2       28-14
Jester 3-2      28-14
Enginerd 0-0   8-7

Saturday
Defiance (5-4) @ Hanover (8-1) 1:00 PM
Franklin (6-3) @ Earlham (3-6) 1:00 PM
Anderson (2-7) @ Transylvania (9-0) 3:00 PM
Manchester (5-4) @ Mount St. Joseph (3-6) 3:00 PM
Bluffton (3-6) @ Rose-Hulman (1-8) 3:30 PM

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Baldini

Defiance (5-4) @ Hanover (8-1) 1:00 PM
Franklin (6-3) @ Earlham (3-6) 1:00 PM
Anderson (2-7) @ Transylvania (9-0) 3:00 PM
Manchester (5-4) @ Mount St. Joseph (3-6) 3:00 PM
Bluffton (3-6) @ Rose-Hulman (1-8) 3:30 PM

Going back for a RHIT upset one more time.

Jester1390

Hanover
franklin
tRANSY
MACHEster
Rose

just a coincidence that every game i picked helps Rose lol

FCGrizzliesGrad

Hanover
Franklin
Transy
Manchester (I think MSJ has a shot at the upset)
Bluffton (Beavers have struggled as of late but I can't pick Rose until they put a full game together)

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Baldini

Agree with you on the Manchester-MSJ game. Would not be surprised to see either team win that game or the Bluffton-RHIT game.

Jester1390

Big win for the girls. Huge plays by everyone. They are still sprinkling in what the hell was that but now they are overcoming.  Huge drive by Burnham and the the senior woody knocking down the 2 free throws. Nola Wilson making big 3s

I know a few messages ago. Talked about plus minus.  I have to watch the game on web but i think I'm pretty accurate here.   My kid had to sit with the team up 11 with fouls sat the. 2nd quarter when she came back at half. They were down 8. She played the whole 2nd half and won by 2.  Now defense is not one person alone but her ability to take away a shooter and to make it harder to pass inside was obvious and her team when she was on the court was plus 21.

Still not happy she isn't scoring but if your not going to score make a difference on the other end of the court. Every game went there way today except manchester