Author Topic: MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 1676708 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #15885 on: Yesterday at 09:44:24 pm »
So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until...

Well, dropped a note to our four slower SIDs yesterday, and lo and behold, Principia is the 7th school to post their schedule...
Unfortunately, it shows 27 games, but with McKendree and UMSL on it, and both D2, they likely should have been denoted as exhibition games, getting the sked down to 25.... Thanks to SID Heather Fairbanks for responding so quickly....

Also, I had noted previously that Prin again has a western trip this year, playing Caltech on Dec 17 ... the completed schedule now shows that they are also playing Occidental while out west, on the 18th....

All due respect... SIDs have a lot on their plates especially at smaller schools. I don't think having basketball schedules out and set right now is that big a deal nor a priority in small shops with fall sports.

I am glad someone got back to you, but consider what they may have on their plates before sending such communications. I know I certainly don't "bug" them until October if necessary.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: Yesterday at 09:56:07 pm »
So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until...

Well, dropped a note to our four slower SIDs yesterday, and lo and behold, Principia is the 7th school to post their schedule...
Unfortunately, it shows 27 games, but with McKendree and UMSL on it, and both D2, they likely should have been denoted as exhibition games, getting the sked down to 25.... Thanks to SID Heather Fairbanks for responding so quickly....

Also, I had noted previously that Prin again has a western trip this year, playing Caltech on Dec 17 ... the completed schedule now shows that they are also playing Occidental while out west, on the 18th....

All due respect... SIDs have a lot on their plates especially at smaller schools. I don't think having basketball schedules out and set right now is that big a deal nor a priority in small shops with fall sports.

I am glad someone got back to you, but consider what they may have on their plates before sending such communications. I know I certainly don't "bug" them until October if necessary.

Sometimes the things that I consider to be the fun of being an ardent fan of D3hoops are just not looked at in the same way by others.  Collecting SLIAC schedules, comparing them and rating them each year is one of the things I consider to be fun...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:00:55 pm by hopefan »

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #15887 on: Yesterday at 10:28:46 pm »
I get it hopefan... I just wanted to shed light on what's going on in SIDs offices. I have worked in and with those offices for a lot of years. With students reporting... basketball seasons seems like a LONG way away. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.