FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrove

'grats on the family nuptials, Pep!

And damn, I miss beer. I got to sample some Southern Tier products before The Grovelette was forthcoming, and it's good stuff.

AUPepBand

Quote from: TheGrove on May 31, 2013, 10:08:33 PM
'grats on the family nuptials, Pep!

And damn, I miss beer. I got to sample some Southern Tier products before The Grovelette was forthcoming, and it's good stuff.

Thanks, m'am....+K  Made a pit stop at TheGrove en route to NC. Had lunch at the DQ...always a cool treat. Ten minutes down the road, Mrs. Pep says, "I think I'd like a sundae! Can we stop?" Pep did not answer that question. Instead, Pep started a game called, "I'm going on a trip and I'm going to eat at Applebees..." The game proceeded around the car with the four of us taking turns and we continued on from Applebees to:
Burger King
Chick Fillet
Dunkin Donuts
Bob Evans (Evans, Bob)
Friendlys
Game Day Grill
Hot Dog Heaven
IHOP
Jack-in-the-Box
KFC
Little Sicily
McDonalds
Neptune Diner
Outback Steakhouse
Pizza Hut
Quizno's Subs
Roy Rogers
Steak 'n' Shake
Taco Bell
Udder Delights
Veritable Quandary
Wendy's
Xanadu
Yogi Berra's (sometimes it's so crowded that no one goes there anymore)
Zip's Pizza

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

So Pep is experiencing a barrage of weddings this year. After gaining a daughter-in-law last weekend, today Pep was sitting in church awaiting the start of a wedding ceremony for a dear church couple and Pep receives a text invitation to another wedding on June 28 at the Bellhurst Castle in Geneva. Already on the calendar is a nephew's wedding July 27 and Pep is a groomsman for a Sept. 28 wedding (and will likely miss the inaugural night football game at Brockport State).

MAWWIAGE....

Get the fight song ready!

Upstate

Quote from: AUPepBand on June 02, 2013, 01:28:40 AM
So Pep is experiencing a barrage of weddings this year. After gaining a daughter-in-law last weekend, today I was sitting in church awaiting the start of a wedding ceremony for a dear church couple and Pep receives a text invitation to another wedding on June 28 at the Bellhurst Castle in Geneva. Already on the calendar is a nephew's wedding July 27 and Pep is a groomsman for a Sept. 28 wedding (and will likely miss the inaugural night football game at Brockport State).

MAWWIAGE....

Get the fight song ready!

+K for the Princess Bride reference!!!!

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bombers798891

I teach at a college and on the last day of the semester, I always tell my students that once they graduate, they should take $10 a week and put it in a "Wedding Fund" account, because they'll want to have the cash saved up for the 6-10 they'll get invited to in a 3-4 year span. True, you don't have to go to them all, but it's always good to not have to say no because of finances. And if you get a couple bridesmaid/groomsmen invites, you're going to go through it quick

Knightstalker

Quote from: Bombers798891 on June 03, 2013, 04:51:54 PM
I teach at a college and on the last day of the semester, I always tell my students that once they graduate, they should take $10 a week and put it in a "Wedding Fund" account, because they'll want to have the cash saved up for the 6-10 they'll get invited to in a 3-4 year span. True, you don't have to go to them all, but it's always good to not have to say no because of finances. And if you get a couple bridesmaid/groomsmen invites, you're going to go through it quick.

That must be why I don't generally get invited to weddings.  I am a cheap bastard and don't throw money around.  When KS got married, we kept the cost of everything, Rings, Wedding dress, catering, limo (actually my dad paid to rent a really nice lincoln town car and after we used it for the wedding he had my older brother driving him around for the weekend in luxury.)  flowers and KS suit for under 2500.00.  We didn't ask my best man or her matron of honor to spend anything, told them to just wear a dark suit for him and a nice dress for her.  We will have been married for 14 years this October.  KS has plenty of friends that spent 10 times what we did and the most of the marriages were over in 10 years of less.  Can't see wasting all that money on something that probably won't last.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Knightstalker on June 03, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
I teach at a college and on the last day of the semester, I always tell my students that once they graduate, they should take $10 a week and put it in a "Wedding Fund" account, because they'll want to have the cash saved up for the 6-10 they'll get invited to in a 3-4 year span. True, you don't have to go to them all, but it's always good to not have to say no because of finances. And if you get a couple bridesmaid/groomsmen invites, you're going to go through it quick.

That must be why I don't generally get invited to weddings.  I am a cheap bastard and don't throw money around.  When KS got married, we kept the cost of everything, Rings, Wedding dress, catering, limo (actually my dad paid to rent a really nice lincoln town car and after we used it for the wedding he had my older brother driving him around for the weekend in luxury.)  flowers and KS suit for under 2500.00.  We didn't ask my best man or her matron of honor to spend anything, told them to just wear a dark suit for him and a nice dress for her.  We will have been married for 14 years this October.  KS has plenty of friends that spent 10 times what we did and the most of the marriages were over in 10 years of less.  Can't see wasting all that money on something that probably won't last.

I'm with you.  Our total expenses were under $500, and we celebrate the 36 anniversary next month (even our honeymoon was cheap - canoeing and camping in northern Maine - but exactly what we wanted to do).  I've attended far too many $30,000 weddings paid for by parents who "couldn't afford" to sent their daughter to college!

mattvsmith

The Rev's wedding was free. Just went to the borough office and signed papers. Church wedding will happen when I get the promotion that is supposed to follow getting a PhD and all other debts are paid off. Since I already have a Coast Guard uniform appropriate for the occasion, I won't spend money there. I hope my guests like pizza and homemade Filipino food because that's how the Rev and Mrs Rev roll.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on June 04, 2013, 03:18:48 AM
I hope my guests like pizza and homemade Filipino food because that's how the Rev and Mrs Rev roll.

Can't Go wrong with that.

Knightstalker

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 03, 2013, 10:46:07 PM

I'm with you.  Our total expenses were under $500, and we celebrate the 36 anniversary next month (even our honeymoon was cheap - canoeing and camping in northern Maine - but exactly what we wanted to do).  I've attended far too many $30,000 weddings paid for by parents who "couldn't afford" to sent their daughter to college!

We go married in a state park so that nothing also.  For the honeymoon, my friends Sam and Doug chipped in and paid for week at a really nice secluded B&B in the Poconos.  We went hiking, sight-seeing etc.  Our reception was at my parents church hall.  Mom and Dad paid for that for us.  200.00 and we got 75.00 back because we cleaned the place up ourselves and that was the cleaning deposit.  Plus we donated all the leftover food to the food pantry and the church packaged it up into family size servings and gave them away.

I have always enjoyed weddings on a budget.  I love receptions at firehouses, VFW and Legion posts etc.  Much more intimate and friendly.  Give me a buffet and keg of beer and a couple of bottles of good whiskey and you have a great party.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Knightstalker

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 04, 2013, 04:07:05 AM
Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on June 04, 2013, 03:18:48 AM
I hope my guests like pizza and homemade Filipino food because that's how the Rev and Mrs Rev roll.

Can't Go wrong with that.

Rev, that sounds like a dinner at my church.  Half of the food is always homemade Filipino food.  One of the ladies at the church that runs the kitchen is Filipino and everyone starts to drool when we know she is cooking.  The other lady who runs the kitchen makes the sausage and peppers and mac and cheese.

AUPepBand

Pep Jr.'s wedding was top notch, with the reception at the NC State University "State Club" in Raleigh. But Pep's daughters knew well enough to enjoy every minute there because they know that if and when their day arrives, it'll be a simple (but elegant) inexpensive reception either at a church hall or on the AU campus.

Pep and the Mrs. paid for all but $200 of their wedding, with the reception held in AU's Howell Hall but catered by the inimitable Mark O'Meara of then Alfred Sub Shop fame. Sandwich rolls and cold cuts. Yep. And a few friends, as a gift, provided some live music. No wedding coordinator (and we could have used one) but hey, we're still together--more or less--after almost 33 years.

Heck, Pep was real pleased with the Mrs. on our trip to North Carolina. Not once did she tell Pep he was going too fast. A week later, Pep told her he appreciated her biting her tongue and being patient in our travels, never mentioning the speed at which we were traveling. The Mrs. said that the fact that the design of the dashboard of Pep's 2001 PT Cruiser prevented her from seeing the speedometer might have had something to do with it.  ;)

On Saxon Warriors!

SaintsFAN

Can't see wasting all that money on something that probably won't last.

SF is on marriage #2. 

Wedding #1 was pretty elaborate (big church, huge reception hall --it was too much) but SF's in laws had hit the state lottery a couple years before and he married a "princess"  ::).  Marriage #1 lasted 8 months total.

Wedding #2 was a small affair at a Country Club where my company's CEO is on the board (ie. FREE).  Kept the guest list small and had a great time.  We paid for everything but $250.. and SF enjoyed that more.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

PBR...

Quote from: SaintsFAN on June 06, 2013, 08:42:12 AM
Can't see wasting all that money on something that probably won't last.

SF is on marriage #2. 

Wedding #1 was pretty elaborate (big church, huge reception hall --it was too much) but SF's in laws had hit the state lottery a couple years before and he married a "princess"  ::).  Marriage #1 lasted 8 months total.

Wedding #2 was a small affair at a Country Club where my company's CEO is on the board (ie. FREE).  Kept the guest list small and had a great time.  We paid for everything but $250.. and SF enjoyed that more.

you done well 2nd time round...  ;)

Knightstalker

I KS wrong?  I was at the supermarket today buying a few things.  I used one of the self check lines.  As I was packing up my purchases another customer came up and started to ring up his purchases.  I asked to please wait until I was finished.  He look at KS like I was an idiot and got nasty and said don't worry, grow up.  I replied, it is just common courtesy, I was polite do you need to talk like that.  He kept on talking ish and being an a-hole.  The store cashier monitoring the self check lines just stood there with her head up her ass.  Is KS wrong for expecting a little common courtesy or is KS really just a dinosaur out of touch with the world?