Lacrosse

Started by drisclaw, July 03, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drisclaw

Any chance of a lacrosse section being formed. The game is expanding like crazy in Div III and will likely be from coast to coast in a few years.

Pat Coleman

We had lacrosse boards that didn't do very well, but I must admit I would consider doing it again if there were interest. What conference do you follow?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

drisclaw

NESCAC because I played there in the old days.

Commonwealth Conference because I am friends with their head coach and his staff.

Little East conference because Salem State, like Endicott, is right next door. I also used to coach with their head coach on the high school level.

I have some former players at some of the schools in the Great Northeast Conference, so I follow them pretty closely.

I believe I could reach out to other coaches from conferences in the northeast to get some information as to what is going on in their conferences.

Flying Dutch Fan

Might get some MIAA followers too, as the league will begin varsity Lacrosse (Men and Women) for the 2012-2013 season (7 teams in each). 
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

DIIIdad

CCIW schools Augustana and Elmhurst will join Carthage with lacrosse teams as well. 

Interesting with the MIAA forming their own conference, as three of those teams currently play in the Midwest Lacrosse Conference.  What would have been a 14 team conference next season (2012-2013), is already going to be down to 11 with the MIAA schools going out on their own.  This will probably be the norm as more and more schools add lacrosse to the list of varsity sports and the traditional conferences begin to sponsor it.  The Northern Athletic Conference will have four with Aurora, Benedictine, Concordia Wisconsin and MSOE. 

There are surely more to come in the next few years.

d3hendrixpop50

Lacrosse is becoming very popular even in Texas. Not just a Eastern thing anymore.....

WLCALUM83

News on a Midwest area women's lacrosse-related development here:

http://cuwfalcons.com/article.asp?articleID=1661

Swisscheese

Looks like the Cabrini Mens LX team starting out as advertised, congratulations on beating Haverford, seems like other schools in the conference are becoming stronger and GMC is on its way up. Looking forward to a more competitive conference. Tough to defeat those NY and Maryland schools on the road in the post season. 

Goaltending looked good as well for the Cavs.

NCF

Quote from: DIIIdad on September 06, 2011, 05:43:30 PM
CCIW schools Augustana and Elmhurst will join Carthage with lacrosse teams as well. 

Interesting with the MIAA forming their own conference, as three of those teams currently play in the Midwest Lacrosse Conference.  What would have been a 14 team conference next season (2012-2013), is already going to be down to 11 with the MIAA schools going out on their own.  This will probably be the norm as more and more schools add lacrosse to the list of varsity sports and the traditional conferences begin to sponsor it.  The Northern Athletic Conference will have four with Aurora, Benedictine, Concordia Wisconsin and MSOE. 

There are surely more to come in the next few years.

With the game being played at  more high schools, I would think that there will be more in the near future.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

rob

Little East Conference

NCF

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11

rob

NCF

rob

Quote from: newcardfan on March 09, 2012, 04:15:47 PM
what?
The question was what other sports to add boards for.  The answer was LaCrosse.  Yes why not Men's and Women's teams?  I'm not sure what you are asking. Whatever.

rob

Oh, and I follow the LEC Men's somewhat.