FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gridiron

An interesting difference between NESCAC football and other D3 football programs is the amount of preseason practices. NCAA rules allow for 44 practices prior to first game including spring practice. NESCAC rules only allow for 17. Significant difference which clearly can affect quality of play, especially early in the season.  Challenging for coaches in the NESCAC to manage.

gridiron

lumbercat

Grid-
Which former Colby HC - Michaeles or Mestieri?
Bowdoin OC Tim Viall gone?

JEFFFAN

Amherst doing a nice job of introducing new players via Instagram posts.   Each recruit with his own photo, information and posting.

quicksilver

Tufts started introducing its incoming players on twitter today (May 14) at @TuftsFootball.

ColbyFootball

Quote from: gridiron on May 13, 2018, 03:54:08 PM
Former Colby HC to Bowdoin OC.
If the new OC's initials are JM, I feel terrible for the Bowdoin faithful. As a Colby fan through and through, I hope it's true.

gridiron

Yes coach Michaels will be handling the offense of duties for the Bowdoin football program going forward. Look for other announcements very soon.

ColbyFootball

Quote from: gridiron on May 15, 2018, 05:59:53 PM
Yes coach Michaels will be handling the offense of duties for the Bowdoin football program going forward. Look for other announcements very soon.
I am astonished that Bowdoin would hire him as OC.  It will come as no surprise that I think this is insane, and feel very sorry for the Bowdoin players and fans. I'm curious what the other posters think about this.

polbear73

Quote from: ColbyFootball on May 15, 2018, 09:01:26 PM
I am astonished that Bowdoin would hire him as OC.  It will come as no surprise that I think this is insane, and feel very sorry for the Bowdoin players and fans. I'm curious what the other posters think about this.
ColbyFootball:  when you're coming off an 0-9 season and on a 17 game losing streak, nothing ever surprises you.  Just have to give him a chance and hope that he is one of those cases where bad head coaches can be good coordinators.  I'm not jumping for joy, though. 

ColbyFootball

Quote from: polbear73 on May 16, 2018, 06:32:09 AM
Quote from: ColbyFootball on May 15, 2018, 09:01:26 PM
ColbyFootball:  when you're coming off an 0-9 season and on a 17 game losing streak, nothing ever surprises you.  Just have to give him a chance and hope that he is one of those cases where bad head coaches can be good coordinators.  I'm not jumping for joy, though.
I understand what you're saying, and it may work out. But, I honestly don't understand the hire. I doubt a single person on this Board can justify it.

Bowdoin's taking on a coach that called the offensive shots for Colby, not the OC's. This was obvious by the style offense and play calling with multiple OC's. A coach that had horrible offensive output. These are not my biased opinions about Michaeles, of which I have many (having the scars to show for it), they are the indisputable facts. So, Bowdoin takes a failed HC/OC, and decides he is the answer to us having a productive offense.

If I were a Bowdoin fan I would not be very happy. I'd have hope, but wouldn't be happy.

polbear73

Another piece of news on the Bowdoin front is that Chris Sapp has left to become Defensive Coordinator at the U. of Rochester. Sounds like a significant shakeup of the Bowdoin staff.

lumbercat

Former Bates All NESCAC DB Kyle McAllister will join the Bowdoin staff. High quality guy.

Tim Viall still listed as Bowdoin OC.

PBPOP20

Quote from: polbear73 on May 16, 2018, 07:40:04 AM
Another piece of news on the Bowdoin front is that Chris Sapp has left to become Defensive Coordinator at the U. of Rochester. Sounds like a significant shakeup of the Bowdoin staff.

Matt Leoti has also left for Tufts.   Also,  a "Colby Coach" has been spotted on campus.

amh63

Whose on first base type story enfolding here wrt football staffing moves.  Will await the "final chapter" in the Fall.....when the recruits arrive on campus.  Expect the Amherst football team to be most competitive and to challenge for the Title.  Most key players returning and all coaches in place.
Have a happy Summer all.

MUC57

amh63

Message on the lacrosse board for you.
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠