Huntingdon 42, Faulkner 10
Westminster MO 42, Haskell 14
Malone 69, Anna Marie 0
Emory and Henry 20, Virginia-Wise 10
UW-Whitewater 37, Campbellsville 7
Willamette 42, Southern Oregon 24

Corrections appreciated.

Add one more to that list, Ralph.
Ferrum lost to Southern Virginia University 20-17 on Saturday.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

K-Mack

Yup, that was the list I had, 5-3 ... SouVa's status is weird though. I'm sure the NAIA will take the win.

That makes 5-3 Week 3, 18-10 so far this year; pretty consistently near 2-to-1 D3 over NAIA since '06, fwiw.

vs. NAIA (9-2 in Week 2, 13-7 in 2010)
No. 1 UW-Whitewater at Campbellsville (Mid-South Conference, East)
No. 24 Southern Oregon (independent) at No. 13 Willamette
U.Va.-Wise (Mid-South Conference, East) at Emory & Henry
Southern Virginia (independent) at Ferrum
Huntingdon at Faulkner (Mid-South Conference, West)
Haskell Indian Nations (independent) at Westminster (Mo.)
Whittier at No. 19 Asuza Pacific (independent)
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

BoBo

This from Gregg Easterbrook's page 2 article on ESPN.com :

"Obscure College Score of the Week: Malone 69, Anna Maria 0. A rare case in which an NAIA school beats up on an NCAA college. Malone ran up a 69-point margin despite Anna Maria not committing a turnover)."
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

K-Mack

Yeah, that game shouldn't even have been played, Malone is a legit NAIA program and Anna Maria is just starting out in one of the weakest conferences in D3.

I have nothing nice to say about Easterbrook, which means I should say nothing at all. Was kinda hoping he'd stop with the obscure score since it's always a backhanded compliment or an outright dis.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

hazzben

K-Mack:

Re: top NAIA v. Top DIII...I'd love to see Carroll and USF against UWW and Mount. Fwiw, USF handled UND last year at UND, I don't know I'd assume we'd come out on top. USF had 13 FCS & FBS transfers this offseason alone. I would love to see it played out though...

K-Mack

I'd like to see it too. And WIAC teams have beaten the Dakotas too, so I don't know what to make of that.

Since teams have a hard enough time finding games, I'm surprised these haven't materialized for UWW. For MUC I understand more because they have one open date that opens up once every two years.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

ADL70

In an eerily parallel universe, Carroll (MT) defeated Sioux Falls for the NAIA championship.  One of those teams has won the title every year since 2002.  There have been other teams in the final, but one of those two has won.

The primary color for each team...purple!

I am aware of eight college games that were played this weekend.  Three were blowouts and five were competitive games.  The three blowouts were bowl games and the five close games were playoff games.

What's so great about the bowl system again?
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

retagent

I read that prior to that game, Souix Falls had a winning streak of 50 games, or something like that. I was under the impression that UWW was the leader in that category. I guess thay are now at any rate.

BoBo

^ Yes, Carroll (MT) won 10-7 ending SF's 42 game win streak, retagent. The 42 games tied the NAIA consecutive game win streak record. UWW now has the nations longest win streak at 30 games.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

ADL70

I later read that USF is leaving NAIA for DII next season.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

02 Warhawk

Looks like a match-up of NAIA and D3 powers are set to collide this season. Morningside #3 in the NAIA will host Whitewater on 9/24. I know it's been discussed a lot over the years if the top NAIA teams can compete with the D3's elite. This should provide a great measuring stick for fans.

I highly doubt this will be a typical blowout NAIA win for the Hawks. This could very well be their toughest game on their schedule.

SJSUPhil

With all the power that the NCAA has, I'm pleasantly surprised that the NAIA is still around.

Gregory Sager

Preseason #18 UW-Oshkosh will face an NAIA team, Robert Morris-Chicago, on September 5. In spite of being based in Chicago's Loop, the Eagles play off -campus in northwest suburban Arlington Heights. RMUC went 8-3 last season; the Eagles lost a narrow 27-19 decision to UWO in Oshkosh in the season opener for both teams.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

smedindy

Quote from: SJSUPhil on July 21, 2015, 04:29:44 PM
With all the power that the NCAA has, I'm pleasantly surprised that the NAIA is still around.

Some schools would rather not have to deal with rules or standards, I guess!

Jack Parkman

Quote from: smedindy on July 23, 2015, 01:50:44 PM
Quote from: SJSUPhil on July 21, 2015, 04:29:44 PM

Some schools would rather not have to deal with rules or standards, I guess!

National Association of Ineligible Athletes