FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machiavelli

Random question but are there any WPI people here that could tell me if I could bring a dog to Alumni stadium? My gut says it's no big deal and I can sit on the hill but wanted to check if anyone knows before we made the drive.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear asks is curious. Is Shade hurt again for the Pride?
A long time fan of DIII Football!

ITH radio

Quote from: Ice Bear on September 14, 2019, 02:13:06 PM
Ice Bear asks is curious. Is Shade hurt again for the Pride?

He played yesterday - 97 rush yards and a TD
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Ice Bear

Ice Bear saw the back up on during the 4th quarter with the game tied. Ice Bear is curious what's up.

ITH radio

Quote from: Ice Bear on September 15, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Ice Bear saw the back up on during the 4th quarter with the game tied. Ice Bear is curious what's up.

He and Wells appear to be in a platoon

H.C.Mosely1895

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 07, 2019, 06:19:51 PM
Watching the Clemson - Texas A&M game.

The Aggie defensive coordinator Mike Elko started out at Merchant Marine as the defensive coordinator.

The announcer did not know Merchant Marine played football team. He did acknowledge that the big rival for Merchant Marine is Coast Guard.

There was a meme floating around the social medias (https://www.facebook.com/ElCidMemes/photos/a.801210759935568/2693531590703466/?type=3&theater) last weekend stating how, for perhaps the first time ever, all military academies (Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard) and all Senior Military Colleges (VMI, Citadel, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, and Norwich) that sponsor football (North Georgia does not) won and went 9-0.

The awkward part was they left out King's Point, who had a bye.

pumkinattack

Georgia Tech fans are already moving on to what will surely be another mediocre basketball season after the loss to citadel.

Hawk196

Tufts vs Williams "game of the week" (according to NBN)

https://nothingbutnescac.com

I'm only worried about the "high from the Trinity win" and "0-2 is a death sentence" in the prediction below

Although I'm not sure if the writer/staff understands the injury situation with Williams

Predictions:

Tufts @ Williams, 1:30pm, Williamstown, MA

I’ll keep this one short because it’s our Game of the Week, but no one could have predicted Tufts to knock off the three-time defending champions in Week 1. What an awesome feeling that must have been for first-year starter in senior Jacob Carroll, who waited his turn behind Ryan McDonald and finally got his chance on the big stage. Tufts has everything going for them heading into Williamstown, but my gut tells me the high from beating Trinity won’t last past Saturday. After stumbling on their own feet against Middlebury, Williams knows this game is a must win. Starting the season 0-2 is essentially a death sentence, so expect Maimaron, Frank Stola and co. to set the tone early and grind out some yards against a solid Jumbos defensive front.

Also shoutout to OJ Armstrong for the Jumbos, Go Raiders*

MK: Williams 20-13
RM: Williams 23-17
SS: Tufts 17-7
HC: Williams 30-24
CC: Williams 24-16

Writers’ Pick: Williams

Ice Bear

Quote from: Hawk196 on September 20, 2019, 12:59:47 PM

I'm only worried about the "high from the Trinity win" and "0-2 is a death sentence" in the prediction below

Although I'm not sure if the writer/staff understands the injury situation with Williams

Predictions:

I'll keep this one short because it's our Game of the Week, but no one could have predicted Tufts to knock off the three-time defending champions in Week 1. What an awesome feeling that must have been for first-year starter in senior Jacob Carroll, who waited his turn behind Ryan McDonald and finally got his chance on the big stage. Tufts has everything going for them heading into Williamstown, but my gut tells me the high from beating Trinity won't last past Saturday. After stumbling on their own feet against Middlebury, Williams knows this game is a must win. Starting the season 0-2 is essentially a death sentence, so expect Maimaron, Frank Stola and co. to set the tone early and grind out some yards against a solid Jumbos defensive front.

Writers' Pick: Williams

Ice Bear asks what the **** does this have to do with the NEWMAC?

Hawk196

Quote from: Ice Bear on September 20, 2019, 03:27:37 PM
Quote from: Hawk196 on September 20, 2019, 12:59:47 PM

Predictions:

I'll keep this one short because it's our Game of the Week, but no one could have predicted Tufts to knock off the three-time defending champions in Week 1. What an awesome feeling that must have been for first-year starter in senior Jacob Carroll, who waited his turn behind Ryan McDonald and finally got his chance on the big stage. Tufts has everything going for them heading into Williamstown, but my gut tells me the high from beating Trinity won't last past Saturday. After stumbling on their own feet against Middlebury, Williams knows this game is a must win. Starting the season 0-2 is essentially a death sentence, so expect Maimaron, Frank Stola and co. to set the tone early and grind out some yards against a solid Jumbos defensive front.

Writers' Pick: Williams

Ice Bear asks what the **** does this have to do with the NEWMAC?

Crap, I was posting this in the NESCAC football forum...LOL

ITH radio

I was wondering when they'd notice there wasn't a SC in btw the NE & AC.

In other news, RB Hunter Belzo of Springfield is done for the year with a broken ankle. Surgery went well and it sounds like he'll be back for another season in 2020. Wishing him a quick and painless recovery.

UfanBill

The NEWMAC is arguably the best and most competitive conference in New England. This board gets very little action, why? Is there another board where fans of this league converse? Be assured that the "regulars" that post on the other East region boards would welcome discussions on this board or the opinion of NEWMAC fans on their boards. As one of the regulars I read all the posts in the East region. Where are you guys ???
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳