FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlippiel

Congrats to Coast Guard on the nice win over a pretty decent Nichols team last night. It was a great game to watch. All the best to both teams moving forward.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Caz Bombers on September 08, 2018, 05:54:26 PM
Quote from: MANDGSU on September 07, 2018, 09:17:50 AM
Really interested to see how Kean plays against Springfield with them having a couple weeks to prepare for the option. I'm somewhat bitter that Kean will have 3/4 weeks to prepare for my Gulls. I'll be watching the game closely to see how things shape up. I think it will be a close one.

Narrator voice: It was not.

Was there an injury to the QB this past weekend for Springfield?

ITH radio

Yes, both starting QB Chad Shade and backup David Wells left the game w/ injuries so JR HB Hunter Belzo took over at QB in the game.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: ITH radio on September 17, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
Yes, both starting QB Chad Shade and backup David Wells left the game w/ injuries so JR HB Hunter Belzo took over at QB in the game.

Ahhh, that explains the scoring output.

NED3Guy

I usually post on the ECFC board (yeah I'm the ONE guy who still does that), but after picking Castleton to beat Norwich this weekend I wanted to post over here and eat some crow.

Based solely on previous weeks box scores, I assumed it would be a tight game, but gave the edge to Castleton. After watching some of the game online Saturday, I was truly amazed by what I saw from the Norwich team...guys were flying to the football, not missing tackles and moved the ball effectively with a balanced attack.

The new QB the Cadets were using looked to be a star in the making, as he produced with both his arm, legs and decision making.

Kudos to the Cadet players and staff for rebounding from a tough weekend vs St Lawrence and really taking it to their in-state rivals. (Taking nothing away from Norwich's domination, but can somebody who was at the game tell me if Castleton was as bad as the result makes them look?)

Hopefully the Cadets keep this momentum going and make their big rivalry game vs Coast Guard a battle.

Ice Bear

Quote from: MANDGSU on September 17, 2018, 02:21:27 PM

Springfield points were on Union ****-ups early on. Being honest here, Shade couldn't do **** while he was in and Wells REALLY couldn't do **** while he was in. Belzo, in Dutch Boy's opinion, actually gave it a great try (dude is strong). If Shade stayed in they MAY have scored a little bit more but they were just over-matched.

Bottom line, Union is good, but we still don't know how good in relation to other LL and top East Region teams. They need to not **** up this weekend vs. Curry. Springfield was WAY overrated in Dutch Boy's opinion and it showed last week. Hoping the Pride can get their **** together and rebound a bit.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Dutch Boy on September 19, 2018, 11:28:05 AM

Springfield points were on Union ****-ups early on. Being honest here, Shade couldn't do **** while he was in and Wells REALLY couldn't do **** while he was in. Belzo, in Dutch Boy's opinion, actually gave it a great try (dude is strong). If Shade stayed in they MAY have scored a little bit more but they were just over-matched.

Bottom line, Union is good, but we still don't know how good in relation to other LL and top East Region teams. They need to not **** up this weekend vs. Curry. Springfield was WAY overrated in Dutch Boy's opinion and it showed last week. Hoping the Pride can get their **** together and rebound a bit.

No I understand, Defense still allowed 45 points in 3 quarters, however I think with the starting QB, the game would have been much closer, somewhere in the range of 35-20. I think Springfield was right where they were suppose to be, it may be that Union was much lower than they were suppose to be.

Pat Coleman

Springfield was leading 10-7 when Shade got hurt.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ice Bear

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 19, 2018, 12:04:16 PM

Springfield was leading 10-7 when Shade got hurt.

Yes, but momentum had turned all Union right before he got hurt. Also the 10 points weren't from the traditional monotonous Pride drive down the field or a break for an 80 yard run. Shade wasn't seeing much daylight before. Without looking Dutch Boy would guess (of course he'll have to look now, that Shades best run was the one he got killed on. He was pretty much bottled up from the start. IDBFHO Union's mistakes opened the windows for the Pride points, which of course is part of the game.

Dutch Boy's main point is that even with Shade the Pride weren't winning that ****ing game and that they most likely aren't as good as Dutch Boy thought.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

pumkinattack

In 13yrs in the E8 & LL Springfield has six (6) seasons w 7 wins or better, the other seven years were all basically nut hugging .500.  Had two conference losses every year except one (2006) and they're last three years in the LL they were 5-5, 4-6, 5-5. They competed well in those leagues and had a coupe for good years but are overrated outside of those leagues.  The top 25 ranking was a product of last years record in the new league and this more recent hashtag moment D3 people are having about New England deserving recognition and supposedly improving when it's really just been a shell game of teams and leagues up there the last decade obfuscating the ability to evaluate the area writ large.

Oline89

Quote from: pumkinattack on September 20, 2018, 09:28:58 AM
In 13yrs in the E8 & LL Springfield has six (6) seasons w 7 wins or better, the other seven years were all basically nut hugging .500.  Had two conference losses every year except one (2006) and they're last three years in the LL they were 5-5, 4-6, 5-5. They competed well in those leagues and had a coupe for good years but are overrated outside of those leagues.  The top 25 ranking was a product of last years record in the new league and this more recent hashtag moment D3 people are having about New England deserving recognition and supposedly improving when it's really just been a shell game of teams and leagues up there the last decade obfuscating the ability to evaluate the area writ large.

"nut hugging .500", not sure if that was a typo, but I love it!  Somehow, i am going to work that into my daily conversations! ;D

pumkinattack

It's a right of passage up the hill in the old girls only dorms.  Nothing finer than doing a reverse walk of shame down the hill to Medbury.

It's science

ITH radio

Big game btw the Pride and WPI today.

Spoke about it on the Noontime Friday football pod yesterday.

https://noontimesports.com/footballpodcast/
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

D O.C.

Ralph Turner

Watching the Clemson - Texas A&M game.

The Aggie defensive coordinator Mike Elko started out at Merchant Marine as the defensive coordinator.

The announcer did not know Merchant Marine played football team. He did acknowledge that the big rival for Merchant Marine is Coast Guard.