FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Tradition

Quote from: CardinalAlum on August 13, 2020, 09:38:33 AM
Quote from: USee on August 13, 2020, 12:17:06 AM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on August 12, 2020, 10:59:26 AM
USee,

I know Wheaton had a bunch of 5th year seniors returning.   I wonder how they stick it out another year to try to play in the Fall of '21.  Seems like a tall ask.  Thoughts?

Doubtful. Can't sit around for a year with 1 class left to graduate. Need to move on at some point. I suspect a couple will wait it out but most will get going with their lives. Too bad because Wheaton would have been loaded this fall with an early game against NCC and their inexperienced QB vs our Veteran.

Oh there is no doubt I was dreading that first conference game with an inexperienced QB vs that Wheaton defense.  NCC didn't have many 5th year but it will be interesting to see how many seniors stick around for next Fall.  Lots of question marks but I will say this will give our next QB a chance to learn and get some experience hopefully this Fall and possibly next Spring.  It's all a guessing game at this point.   A couple of positive results come back within campuses or football teams and it's done.   MLB can't figure it out.  NHL and NBA seem to be having some success but that's by isolating the teams.  Not a viable option in the college world.  Really bummed this season didn't happen.  Not sure the CCIW has ever had two football teams ranked that high in the preseason.
According to this, all but 2 seniors are coming back for 2021, and only one a starter.  Not sure who it is.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/naperville-sun/sports/ct-nvs-spt-football-north-central-college-st-081420-20200813-n5f4mng3mbawzko2pv2uo7gume-story.html
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

CardinalAlum

;D
Quote from: New Tradition on August 14, 2020, 03:38:55 PM
USee,

I know Wheaton had a bunch of 5th year seniors returning.   I wonder how they stick it out another year to try to play in the Fall of '21.  Seems like a tall ask.  Thoughts?

Doubtful. Can't sit around for a year with 1 class left to graduate. Need to move on at some point. I suspect a couple will wait it out but most will get going with their lives. Too bad because Wheaton would have been loaded this fall with an early game against NCC and their inexperienced QB vs our Veteran.

Oh there is no doubt I was dreading that first conference game with an inexperienced QB vs that Wheaton defense.  NCC didn't have many 5th year but it will be interesting to see how many seniors stick around for next Fall.  Lots of question marks but I will say this will give our next QB a chance to learn and get some experience hopefully this Fall and possibly next Spring.  It's all a guessing game at this point.   A couple of positive results come back within campuses or football teams and it's done.   MLB can't figure it out.  NHL and NBA seem to be having some success but that's by isolating the teams.  Not a viable option in the college world.  Really bummed this season didn't happen.  Not sure the CCIW has ever had two football teams ranked that high in the preseason.
According to this, all but 2 seniors are coming back for 2021, and only one a starter.  Not sure who it is.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/naperville-sun/sports/ct-nvs-spt-football-north-central-college-st-081420-20200813-n5f4mng3mbawzko2pv2uo7gume-story.html

😬🤐
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

markerickson

Sports are the opiate of the masses, and I will experience withdrawal during fall 2020 weekends!
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

MUC57

Quote from: markerickson on August 19, 2020, 02:41:26 PM
Sports are the opiate of the masses, and I will experience withdrawal during fall 2020 weekends!

You'll have lots of company, me included. Stay safe!  :o  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

USee

New coach with an old name for the Thunder sidelines. Not a surprising development, but noteworthy nonetheless:

https://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2020/8/19/thunder-football-appointment-of-mikey-swider-as.aspx

Sorry, the link should work now

Dr. Acula

Quote from: New Tradition on August 14, 2020, 03:38:55 PM
USee,

I'm kind of shocked that many kids are returning.  I would have thought less than half the kids who could have graduated  would be back.

USee

I think the Thunder and NCC should play a best of 3 football series this year. Why not? Games don't count toward eligibility, two top 5 teams can compete against each other with no overnight stay. Have every kid get tested before and after each game for safety.

Seems like a no-brainer. Whose with me?

SpartanHouse

Quote from: USee on September 01, 2020, 01:12:07 PM
I think the Thunder and NCC should play a best of 3 football series this year. Why not? Games don't count toward eligibility, two top 5 teams can compete against each other with no overnight stay. Have every kid get tested before and after each game for safety.

Seems like a no-brainer. Whose with me?

I would be down to watch a best of 9 series.

New Tradition

Congrats to the huge representation of CCIW Preseason All-Americans!

https://d3football.com/awards/all-americans/2020-preseason

First Team
RB   Ethan Greenfield   North Central
WR   Andrew Kamienski   North Central
G   Sharmore Clarke   North Central
DT   Dallas McRae           Wheaton
DT   Mike Murphy           Illinois Wesleyan
CB   Spencer Rowland   Wheaton
Second Team
C   Jake Hibben           Wheaton 
DT   Jake Holaday           Wheaton
LB   Ryan Schwartz           Wheaton
CB   Jake Beesley           North Central
Third Team
G   Gabriel McGill           Wheaton

6 Thundererers, 4 Cardinals, 1 Titian
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

Titan Q

Moment of silence for opening day.

* Illinois Wesleyan @ Franklin

* Wheaton @ Northwestern (MN)

* Carthage vs UW-Whitewater

* Augustana vs Rhodes

* Wash U vs Chicago

* Millikin at Greenville

* North Park at Bethel

* Carroll at Anderson

* Elmhurst vs UW-River Falls

* North Central vs Christopher Newport

This sucks.

MUC57

Quote from: Titan Q on September 05, 2020, 10:28:50 AM

* Augustana vs Rhodes

* Wash U vs Chicago

* Millikin at Greenville

* North Park at Bethel

* Carroll at Anderson

This sucks.

Good call, Titan Q.
We all feel that way, we just have a different schedule!
🏈 🔫 😷
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

augie77

Quote from: Titan Q on September 05, 2020, 10:28:50 AM

* Augustana vs Rhodes

* Wash U vs Chicago

* Millikin at Greenville

* North Park at Bethel

* Carroll at Anderson

This sucks.

Struggling to find a bright spot, but at least all our CCIW teams are undefeated after the first week.

gbpuckfan

St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

kiko

Kovo

Quote from: kiko on September 13, 2020, 10:29:22 PM
Sooo..... welcome to Bell week?  :(

OK---I will take the bait, even though I shouldn't .

But 1st of all, why is a big rivalry game scheduled for September?!  I know, I know, it's D3 and it doesn't matter blah. blah. blah........

But more importantly, why aren't young healthy men playing football in Illinois and Wisconsin?!  I know, I know, it's D3 and they don't have enough testing contact tracing etc.  Yet, high school football goes on throughout the State of Florida (as did the Junior Olympics), and I can't tell you how many high school and college games I watched this weekend (is the Big 12 really that bad?).  I suppose lots of the football players who played this weekend will soon be sick and die (interestingly the Junior Olympics held in August with 10,000 attendees had zero impact on the virus numbers in Brevard County).  Then again probably not.  What a terrible disservice to the entire young generation, this being one example.

If we aren't careful the restless youth are going to boil over and burn the cities........oh wait-----never mind.

UPDATE: Big Ten football starts October 24.  At least D1 football can no longer perpetuate the charade that it is not a business, and it is about educating young men.  Or perhaps 11 Presidents want to admit that they were wrong.  Too bad D3 can't reverse themselves, but not enough buckets of money to correct past mistakes.